Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 12:01 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I honestly don't see a reason to date since I don't want to be married. I mean, what's the point? Lol.
its called having some fun with someone of the opposite sex. like going to a movie, dinner, lunch, concerts, etc. sure you can do this alone, but it is much more pleasant with a lady on your arm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 12:13 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
its called having some fun with someone of the opposite sex. like going to a movie, dinner, lunch, concerts, etc. sure you can do this alone, but it is much more pleasant with a lady on your arm.
I guess. I am so used to doing it on my own. I'm probably just set in my ways lol.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:53 AM

70 posts, read 155,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I honestly don't see a reason to date since I don't want to be married. I mean, what's the point? Lol.
I think your football allegiance is beginning to affect your view on life....lol.....Dating doesn't have to end up in marriage, dating is to have fun, and to meet new people and learn from them.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:29 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I don't think I would want anything based upon the marketing image of a celebrity though.
Some celebrities can be good roles models though. I know that my celebrity crush would never, ever leave his wife or be unfaithful. Never.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:39 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,194,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Sorry to bring in a "negative" post to stain your thread OP but I got to say this.

Excuse me, I'm a single person who DOESN'T CARE how amazing being married can be. Single hood ain't great for me but marriage would be even worse for myself.
Yeah like this poor guy: Wife wont cook

Old 08-19-2014, 08:41 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,194,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Do you think I can? Looking at the pictures of the celebrity couples who have been together 25+ years makes me long for this sort of bond.
Pray

Pray again.

Pray some more.

I wish for the best for you.

The odds however, well you already know.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:24 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiechase84 View Post
I think your football allegiance is beginning to affect your view on life....lol.....Dating doesn't have to end up in marriage, dating is to have fun, and to meet new people and learn from them.
I learn from people everyday. Even from rude customers who I want to curse out, but I have to stay professional. I love my football team btw

Old 08-20-2014, 05:16 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
I'm with the OP--I also would like to be married again. Don't get me wrong--I love being single, and I love the freedom to go where I want and when I want, but there's nothing like waking up to a face you love. I'm beginning to think it won't happen again though and that breaks my heart.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:00 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,830,445 times
You never know, stepka. Life is full of surprises.

I was single for a very long time and never had any intention of marrying again. But at age 50, the most amazing man entered my orbit and my life changed.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:20 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
You never know, stepka. Life is full of surprises.

I was single for a very long time and never had any intention of marrying again. But at age 50, the most amazing man entered my orbit and my life changed.
I'd like to believe that it's possible for me but I have some pretty major challenges. On the bright side, I get plenty of dates so that's not the problem. I've had 3 men come into my life just within this past year and every one of them didn't work out for some reason--every one of them is someone I believe I could fall in love with. The first one didn't want to do the distance (though I did hang out with him this past weekend--he's the one I like best), one can't get over his ex wife, and one did the whole whirlwind romance thing and then took off to CA, barely to be heard from again. Dating is not fun and I just want to be done with it but I guess I haven't lost hope yet or I'd give it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships