Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 11:20 AM

19,683 posts, read 20,204,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I never thought that food matters in a relationship but it does.

My ex didn't like my healthy cooking. I threw tons of cook books out because the dishes were with too many veggies, not enough fat and grease and sugar.

He wanted MEAT, FAT, Burgers, Fries, donuts and balls of sugar. He rather had the baked goods out of the box as my low sugar baking from scratch.

I lost complete interest in cooking and baking and we went out to restaurants a lot where he put me down because I ate a salad while he wolfed down his burgers and then blamed his weight on slow metabolism. I have to eat healthy to keep my figure and he was the first one to make jokes about overweight people .. so....

After we broke up, I dated a guy who loved, loved, loved the way I cooked and everything was just so much easier. No explanations why I eat half a donut and not 4. No feeling bad about not eating burgers three times per week.

FOOD IS IMPORTANT in a relationship!
I dated someone w/ eating habits like that as well and it turned badly lol... Growing up, fast food was a so-called "treat" every once in a blue moon- not breakfast, lunch and dinner! He brought out & amplified all my horrible food weaknesses, like sugar, and (me being "flexible", "easy-going".. ) I became unhealthy & unmotivated - like him. He'd pass on home cooked meals in favor of pizza or greasy bar foods.. I sooo enjoy cooking & eating balanced and hearty meals @ home with someone who lives an active lifestyle, like me. I'm not vegan/vegetarian, but I do like to eat smart. It's one thing if a person doesn't care about their own health, but another when they don't care about yours either. So, I've learned to spot those lifestyle differences earlier on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships