Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 09:03 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,191,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
I was in the cafe this morning sitting with 3 other women. Of course they started talking about singlehood and what they MUST have in a man.

Now, let me make this clear---I have no issues with fat women. None. I've dated a few fats girls. No big deal to me.

The fat girl placed emphasis on the importance of a man flossing 3 times daily and how having a healthy mouth adds years to your life. I'm okay with this requirement.

But she never once mentioned anything about here very obvious "weight issues". She did mention how much she likes food and loves to eat all kinds.

I find it very odd how people can set the bar for others but keep it low for themselves. Being healthy should be a holistic approach.

This a a great example of my people ARE and STAY single.
If you wait a bit longer those women would have even more requirements, "take that to the bank".

Go ahead, try to keep up to keep them happy - good luck!

Then there's the red bolded underlined words which makes sense these days to me at least.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:06 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,360,681 times
I think it's a weirdly excessive requirement, but I see tons of people who talk about how they won't date a smoker because it's disgusting, and I don't get that either. And those people are not necessarily the picture of health themselves. And I'm not even a smoker, btw - I'm just not bothered by it.

People like what they like.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:08 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I think it's a weirdly excessive requirement, but I see tons of people who talk about how they won't date a smoker because it's disgusting, and I don't get that either. And those people are not necessarily the picture of health themselves. And I'm not even a smoker, btw - I'm just not bothered by it.

People like what they like.

If I didn't like kissing I wouldn't mind, but I do. It is like kissing an ashtray. Of course, I wouldn't want to ever live with them either due to the smell, and my records and books would have to be kept in a different building.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:11 AM

138 posts, read 171,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
I was in the cafe this morning sitting with 3 other women. Of course they started talking about singlehood and what they MUST have in a man.

Now, let me make this clear---I have no issues with fat women. None. I've dated a few fats girls. No big deal to me.

The fat girl placed emphasis on the importance of a man flossing 3 times daily and how having a healthy mouth adds years to your life. I'm okay with this requirement.

But she never once mentioned anything about here very obvious "weight issues". She did mention how much she likes food and loves to eat all kinds.

I find it very odd how people can set the bar for others but keep it low for themselves. Being healthy should be a holistic approach.

This a a great example of my people ARE and STAY single.
So fat people should shut up, feel bad about themselves and be grateful for what they get? I see what you're saying, but we've all got our list of things we find attractive or unattractive in a potential partner. Clearly she probably won't end up with a guy that sees weight as a deal breaker and apparently she won't end up with a guy that isn't up on oral hygiene. But maybe there's a guy out there right now that's into larger women with spotless teeth and great breath just dying to meet this woman, who knows.......

I'm clueless when it comes to art, but I love a woman that is into art and has a creative side. I think it's fantastic to see the passion as they drag you to an art exhibit and chatter about stuff that I don't understand. Point is that one can like someone for being different than they are. Just my two bits.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:15 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
You ARE aware, that a lot of CD internet nerds are overweight and single, right?

Better buckle up, you will get lots of angry responses.
You know what they say about assumptions. Are you having a bad day? What is with the mean streak?

Old 08-19-2014, 09:19 AM

36,503 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
For the record, I do think she sounds unreasonable. I don't floss three times a day.
Me either unless I get something stuck in my teeth during the day. How would one even know how often a person flossed?

Old 08-19-2014, 09:22 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,278,222 times
Flossing three times a day is insane.

Still, I don't see good oral hygiene as being a ridiculous requirement. Just because someone is overweight doesn't mean they should settle for someone who has fricked up teeth. There are plenty of overweight men with good teeth for her to choose from.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:22 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,207,344 times
So a fat girl wants to have a guy floss 3 times daily and her standards are too high? And why would she mention that she's fat to her friend? They both know that she's fat! NO ONE likes to talk about their weaknesses to anyone else-it's not natural. It's like saying, "I want a girl to have the ability to touch her toes. BTW, I'm retarded!" See how this DOESN'T make sense?

I knew a couple of fat girls who had higher than average standards, but to their credit, men paid attention to them and came to them in droves.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:23 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,278,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Me either unless I get something stuck in my teeth during the day. How would one even know how often a person flossed?
I have a feeling that the second hand information we are getting from the OP may be a bit skewed, just so he can make a point.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:27 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,360,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
If I didn't like kissing I wouldn't mind, but I do. It is like kissing an ashtray. Of course, I wouldn't want to ever live with them either due to the smell, and my records and books would have to be kept in a different building.
Meh. I lived with a smoker before. He smoked outside and kept his clothes separate from mine. It was mainly not a problem. And the kissing... I guess it doesn't really bother me as long as they haven't literally JUSTHAD a cigarette.

Having watched two relatives die of metastatic lung cancer though... that's the part that mostly concerns me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships