Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2015, 08:19 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times

Advertisements

High risk of a financial crippling divorce
Sort of like signing up for student loans only more risky
Bek the loan can be called whenever the bank gets mad

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 07-05-2015 at 08:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 10:06 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,945,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Some people try really hard to convince themselves of that.

Here are some facts: Divorce is no harder on men than women. Divorce laws are not gender specific. Both genders can be vindictive during a divorce.

I cant totally understand being terrified of divorce, it aint pretty.

Jaycich you might want to read up a little on divorce (repeatable sources). Actually modern divorce is much easier on men than in the past because most women work so the are contributing financially to the things your afraid of losing, alimony is almost obsolete and child custody is for the majority of states split thus CS is greatly reduced.
In generations before women rarely had the ability to support themselves and children so they had to be fully supported for a long long time.

Now I don't care that you are opposed to marriage and want to remain single (so do I) but please use a legitimate reason or just admit there is no reason.
There has never been a bigger lie than this post. The family court criminal jumta is totally biased against men. I've seen it first hand. It's disgusting how bad it is.

Old 07-05-2015, 10:49 AM

615 posts, read 725,677 times
My view is that men and women simply aren't as attracted to each other anymore. Fewer guys meet the criteria that women want, and vice-versa. For example, there are fewer men of high status because women are dominating the career world.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:15 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,749,740 times
Divorce rates? hmmm im shocked no one mentioned who files for divorce stats? A real eye opening experience.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:21 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Divorce rates? hmmm im shocked no one mentioned who files for divorce stats? A real eye opening experience.
Why? Filing has nothing to do with who actually wants the divorce. I bet if you looked at stats for who makes most of the doctor's appointments it would be similar.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:29 AM

106 posts, read 87,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Oh, geez.
Lol I think he has a good point. My sister in law is exactly the type of woman he describes.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:38 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,404,200 times
Same goes for women. Times have changed FOR BOTH GENDERS on the marriage front, love.

Old 07-05-2015, 12:26 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,112,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Men who choose to be single probably don't want to be told what to do. Marriage is nothing but a series of decisions and it seems to me that women are being more assertive and want their way more. I don't see many men in long marriages who's wives don't control them. ( my observations) you don't see many men in assisted living homes because they die early from being ridden like a rented mule.
False.

Any relationship (be it spouse or friends) involves give and take.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:53 PM

106 posts, read 87,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You JUST posted you want a divorce.... like today.
I changed my mind. My parents told me marriage takes work and I want to make it work.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:30 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,626,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
Same goes for women. Times have changed FOR BOTH GENDERS on the marriage front, love.
Agreed. More and more women refuse to go to work for eight hours (or more) and then do all the unpaid work and tasks afterwards, while their spouses would come home, toss their feet on the table and watch TV (or spend the time on facebook). This is especially true if their husband isn't earning significantly more on a long-term basis (like 70%+ of household's income). They realize that this is a raw deal for them and they generally avoid to even cohabit in such setting.

People should know that it's getting very uncommon to drop out of workforce in America, even after pregnancy. The norm of not dropping out of workforce after getting married took a slow turn since 1920 until 1960. The next route was not dropping out of workforce after having a child and it took a slow turn since 1950s until 1990. It is very common and expected of an average woman in America to stay in the workforce during pregnancy and return to workforce after a few months.
Society increasingly thinks of them as lazy or incompetent if they do so and they also feel the pressure to get back into workforce since most folks expect to live a family life standard which cannot be met with an average salary by one person. Many men simply expect a woman to take the role of their mother - to wash their socks, cook their lunch, clean the house, they even expect her to fix stuff around the house, mow the lawn and clean the pipes like their "traditional father" did, etc. This is a role that women refuse to play and they expect equal participation, a partnership, not an exploitative relationship.

One of the most common ways that people behave in America is to use stereotype-excuses only when it should benefit them, while they're very annoyed to play the outdated role themselves, or they aren't even capable of meeting such role at all. The best "penicillin" for this kind of behavior is to send them a clear message through your actions, words are often counter-productive and should not be said at all, actions will channel the message in a perfect way.... a message that they should cut out with the "traditional stuff" since they don't fulfill the "traditional expectations" themselves, plus that you don't want to play that role either since you don't see yourself in it.

Plenty of women don't want to "play the house" with their spouse for these reasons and they stay single - they don't cohabit, they don't get married, they simply stay single to avoid these issues some a get-go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships