Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2015, 05:46 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,229,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
My view is that men and women simply aren't as attracted to each other anymore. Fewer guys meet the criteria that women want, and vice-versa. For example, there are fewer men of high status because women are dominating the career world.
Very simplistic but true. More men are struggling financially. They are living at home at an older age, some still have roomates at an age where they should be living alone. This is not attractive in the eyes of most females.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 05:53 PM

9,093 posts, read 6,314,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
My view is that men and women simply aren't as attracted to each other anymore. Fewer guys meet the criteria that women want, and vice-versa. For example, there are fewer men of high status because women are dominating the career world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Very simplistic but true. More men are struggling financially. They are living at home at an older age, some still have roomates at an age where they should be living alone. This is not attractive in the eyes of most females.
It could be postulated that the genders are evolving but the expectations of the opposite gender are not evolving at the same rate.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:04 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman110 View Post
I changed my mind. My parents told me marriage takes work and I want to make it work.
So you've been married for one week and have already considered and rejected divorce? That sounds legit.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:03 AM

620 posts, read 1,198,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver8ack View Post
I got out of a 7 year relationship about a year ago, and I have to say I haven't been this happy in a looong time. The truth is no matter what women want to believe, men generally grow tired of the relationship the longer it goes on. They get tired of the same conversations, the same sex, the same fights. We love the beginning just like you women do. It's exciting and new, the sex is fresh, it's a surprise everyday.

But unlike men, (again generally) women tend to perceive the bond between her and her partner growing stronger the longer the relationship goes on while men are wanting fresh and new and are rejcting towards monotony.

I think that is one difference between now and the past, more men are throwing off the "responsibilities" of that relationship more than before when men would just accept it as part of life. This leads women to think of men as selfish and "only caring about themselves" Well, we are but what is wrong with that? We're taking responsibility for our own happiness. Yes we're placing it above your needs and wants but in the end we are doing what is right for us. Yes, we can work on the relationship , get counciling, etc. but why even do that when in the end it's still monotonous, it's still a routine.

But honestly, unless you're having kids, why would a man get married, when so many women now days subscribe to the hook up culture?

I think that is aother difference than before, single women (any even married) are willing to participate in just hooking up which satisfies many mens immediate desire for companionship. Then when a woman comes along who "isn't giving away the milk for free" she will get passed over by more desirable men as he can just move on to the next one who is giving it away. Now this woman can rope in a less desirable man. But she is ultimately never truly satisfied as he is not the man from her fairy tale dreams.

Disclaimer* I realize there are many relationships not like this, but for me and the world I live in, this is generally the way it is.
This is true. I'm 20. I can't even stand my mom. She wants me to do something every day. I get tired of seeing the same face again every day. My dad too. Anyone who I see everyday I get tired off and annoyed with. And my mom is an old school lady in her 60's, she doesn't drink or act childish or annoying like most women. I can't imagine being its a girl my age everyday for even a month.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:07 AM

2,309 posts, read 3,850,135 times
haha. I told my mom recently Im not getting married (I'm 34) because she has nagged me out of the idea. I see her maybe 4 or 5 times a year and when I do it's a marathon time wise to outlast her nagging about everything and anything. I told her straight up if I had to deal with a wife like her on a daily basis I'd end up doing 25 to life haha. I was part kidding and part serious.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:10 AM

620 posts, read 1,198,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
haha. I told my mom recently Im not getting married (I'm 34) because she has nagged me out of the idea. I see her maybe 4 or 5 times a year and when I do it's a marathon time wise to outlast her nagging about everything and anything. I told her straight up if I had to deal with a wife like her on a daily basis I'd end up doing 25 to life haha. I was part kidding and part serious.
I agree. I don't see what's so appealing about someone who tells me my bread isn't wheat, my food has chemicals in it, not to go out at night, to stop playing sports because I might have an injury. Like why? And women are different than men. They get stuck and tell you to do these things until you change, even if it takes years and years. Like you can buy whole foods, stay inside, and each TV. I can't do these things.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:14 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
That must suck. One thing I'm glad about is with the fact that my mother has had multiple failed marriages, she has ZERO business ever nagging me about getting married. If she ever nagged me about it, I have no problem reminding her of this fact.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:38 AM

132 posts, read 106,744 times
But guys, what if she's super hot?

Old 07-06-2015, 06:08 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Greenlee View Post
Exactly. And then when the marriage isn't so happy anymore, they can ditch the marriage and move on. This scenario is more likely to happen than not. Throw a few kids into the mix and we've just got happiness coming out of ears. Oh wait...not we don't.
I just read another thread where you were talking about the terrific woman with three kids you met the day you posted this, and how much you want to date her.

Old 07-06-2015, 06:30 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Men who choose to be single probably don't want to be told what to do. Marriage is nothing but a series of decisions and it seems to me that women are being more assertive and want their way more. I don't see many men in long marriages who's wives don't control them. ( my observations) you don't see many men in assisted living homes because they die early from being ridden like a rented mule.
This is true...in my soon to be ex marriage...and most marriages I see
happy wife = happy life is just a nice way of saying heed her demands or else

I will NEVER EVER EVER marry again...and if a future partner wants marriage, I will simply let her think its on the cards until she can no longer wait and then buh bye...

I am not having more kids, there is NO REASON to make myself legally bound to another slave master
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships