Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2014, 01:08 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,621,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Why is this still ongoing? The OP clearly said she came here to get responses to show her fiance that he's over reacting. She's looking for validation and after 175 comments, if there aren't any that actually agree with her, I highly doubt there will be any at all.
You should've read more of this thread. She admitted a while back that her act of seeking validation was wrong. Now she's trying to mend things with her boyfriend with the understanding that she did make a mistake.

The thread is still relevant because people are still giving her advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 01:09 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves2Dance View Post
well that didn't go well

Kevin finally called me, he wasn't angry anymore, but I think he's pretty much done with me.
I'm sure some of you who think I'm a horrible person are happy about that
The wedding is off and he wants his ring back -- so those of you who think I deserve it
go ahead and jump into my nightmare, the water is warm

He told me he still loves me, but that I've changed since he's been gone
and he said he feels like I haven't been completely honest with him about me and Derek
he's on his way over here now for the ring

I just want to crawl up in a corner and die right now,
got to clean up a little before he gets here and hit the shower, will update later
well I believe you and am on your side

so...How YOU dooin'?

Old 08-21-2014, 01:10 PM

364 posts, read 370,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
I'm pretty sure I know what happened between them.

Derek banged his then gf (now ex obviously.) That's why they had a falling out. Then when Kevin saw what was going down it brought back those memories and now that's why he's not talking to you and thinks something went on while he was gone.

If this is the case, it's going to be hard for you to dig out of it no matter what you say. That's probably why Derek is acting so thirsty now, because it happened once before and he thinks it can happen again.
This has some real plausibility

Old 08-21-2014, 01:14 PM

364 posts, read 370,972 times
I wonder if the OP and Derek have a sexual past.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:17 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
well that didn't go well

Kevin finally called me, he wasn't angry anymore, but I think he's pretty much done with me.
I'm sure some of you who think I'm a horrible person are happy about that
The wedding is off and he wants his ring back -- so those of you who think I deserve it
go ahead and jump into my nightmare, the water is warm

He told me he still loves me, but that I've changed since he's been gone
and he said he feels like I haven't been completely honest with him about me and Derek
he's on his way over here now for the ring

I just want to crawl up in a corner and die right now,
got to clean up a little before he gets here and hit the shower, will update later
I truly am sorry this has caused the break up and I know how heartbreaking and devastating this can be.
Only time will tell if you two get back together again but honestly I doubt it.

Unfortunately this is one of life's harder most heart wrenching lessons to learn and I hope you learned it well.

I do sincerely wish you the best in your future and if you do get together with "Kevin" again, please remember the lesson you have hopefully learned, okay?

Old 08-21-2014, 01:18 PM

2,367 posts, read 1,854,799 times
He was under-reacting. He should have confronted you on the dance floor. That being said, you owe him an apology at the very least

Old 08-21-2014, 01:24 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,417,700 times
Quote:
Was my fiance over-reacting to my dancing?

When I started dancing with his friend Derek, we were acting silly, like we always do, but because of the alcohol, we may have been a little too flirty, we did end up dancing a little close and maybe a little too naughty. But it was all just innocent fun

I admit now that it was probably a mistake,

Isn't he over-reacting?

Sounds like you just goofed up. He is not overreacting. Id dump you if it were me. Sounds like he's probably ready to do that to you anyway. You'd probably call Derek to ask him whats wrong with your BF, then end up hooking up with Derek, which means your bf would be right in dumping you.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:26 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
I'm sorry to hear about the break up and calling off the wedding.

It is probably for the best. Him being in the military and you all being 25 or over (I think that's how old you all are) some people just aren't tolerant of those mistakes. If you two did stay together he probably wouldn't have married you anyway after this. His trust has been broken, especially if this happened before with an ex.

You will recover, and just make sure you take this lesson and put it to good use in your next relationship. These things must be learned. This is one of life's hardest lessons, but you gotta learn it some how. I hope this put things in perspective for you and you use better judgement next time.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:32 PM

592 posts, read 802,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wipe out View Post
I wonder if the OP and Derek have a sexual past.
Of course they do.... Alcohol was just a cover up of true sexual tension. No way you get naughty with people cheering you on in front of your fiance if there's no sex involved. I wouldn't be surprised if Derek hit it that night...

Old 08-21-2014, 01:34 PM

346 posts, read 351,862 times
This is why you don't flirt with others while in a relationship. There's no such thing as innocent flirting. Small things lead to bigger things. He was completely in the right to dump the OP. I would've done the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships