U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 10:15 AM

6,530 posts, read 9,151,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
or when certain posters (in the pet forum) have won $50 gift cards for idiotic/mundane posts! (unlike mine which have always been so meaningful and thought provoking!)
NOT FAIR!

LOL!!! Just removed my post because I don't want a lifetime ban for complaining about logically flawed de-repping, but this is funny..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 10:19 AM

15,400 posts, read 17,958,419 times
It's ok, if this is the worst thing that happens to me today that still means I'm having a pretty good day.

I just wish we could teach people to live peacefully. Sadly, we teach people to be increasingly hypre. Video games teach kids that violence is fun, that your days should be filled with endless stimulation, and that provoking people (and animals) is a funny game without consequences.

In other words, we teach children to taunt the tiger. Then we wonder why our relationships are so dysfunctional.

People never find contentment because they have it confused with "boredom." In the endless search for momentary excitement, they have affairs, they deliberately say hurtful things to a spouse, they pick fights, they drive 100 mph around curving, in other words they taunt the tiger.

Just because they are bored, people meddle when they know they should mind their own business. They joyride in dad's car even when they've been told not to touch it. They poke dogs with sticks. They arrogantly make assumptions. In other words they taunt the tiger.

Life isn't a video game. One day you will taunt the tiger and get more excitement than you can handle. When the tiger strikes back, there is no re-set button that lets you play the game again.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:32 AM

3,100 posts, read 261,918 times
normie, sounds like it's time for you to change the quote under your name to "dont taunt the tiger"

Old 12-28-2007, 10:35 AM

388 posts, read 31,036 times
Quote:
normie, sounds like it's time for you to change the quote under your name to "dont taunt the tiger"
Look at what happened to that kid who taunted a tiger at the SF Zoo...

Old 12-28-2007, 12:19 PM

1,729 posts, read 183,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
Look at what happened to that kid who taunted a tiger at the SF Zoo...
... but the news this morning was maybe suggesting that hadn't happened, or the one killed wasn't the taunter, or something. We just can't be sure what happened quite yet. But aside from that clarification, I agree.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:30 PM

15,400 posts, read 17,958,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenmom7500 View Post
... We just can't be sure what happened quite yet.
Yes, thank you for pointing that out. I had that in my original post, but forgot to include it in my little summary rant.

LOL, I like the idea of the new "nametag". Or better yet--"Get Me Outta The Kid's House, I'm Going Nuts!"

Old 12-28-2007, 12:37 PM

3,100 posts, read 261,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Yes, thank you for pointing that out. I had that in my original post, but forgot to include it in my little summary rant.

LOL, I like the idea of the new "nametag". Or better yet--"Get Me Outta The Kid's House, I'm Going Nuts!"
whattya waiting for normie? change your name tag! it will sound really really cool!

Old 12-28-2007, 08:33 PM

12,544 posts, read 11,972,206 times
stargazer:

I would never go back there again! Your hubby needs to get some B*lls and stick up for his wife. That is part of the problem for sure.
I would tell your hubby that if he wants to see them it will be without you and the kids!

My MIL is the always the victim! If someone gets sick it is why is this happening to me sort of thing. Along with I am not their religion which has always been a battle since I told them I would never convert.
My in-laws want to take cruise with us and the other siblings and I have to say there is not a chance in hell that is going to happen. I refuse to be confined on a ship with those people.
Stand your ground~!!!!!!!!
You sound like me it took me years too! I am guiding a niece to not let it take so long with her she has set boundaries and it is working for her. I waited almost as long as you and I have to say it just does not have the same effect on them..
They don't respect it.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:35 PM

12,544 posts, read 11,972,206 times
Quote:
or when certain posters (in the pet forum) have won $50 gift cards for idiotic/mundane posts! (unlike mine which have always been so meaningful and thought provoking!)
NOT FAIR!
50.00 gift cards? What?

Old 12-29-2007, 04:40 PM
miu

13,021 posts, read 22,248,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
50.00 gift cards? What?
Check out this thread:
Two years of city-data.com forum - 40 Overstock.com $50 gift cards given away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships