Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 04:01 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times

Advertisements

I've mentioned my one friend who is doing online and some of the freaks she's met (like the big baby, they met and he was weird). So he finally meets a great guy. I'll call him B. B is a really nice guy and I think she's lucky. However, she isn't attracted to him. She is attracted to another guy who I don't think is interested. I'll call him C. She met C a year ago at an event and he is related to her cousin (no, he isn't related to her). According to her C is really hot and has a decent job (I think he's a lawyer as she is). B also has a decent job but at best average.

Long story short she's been making comments to C she'd like to date him but he makes no moves on her. In the meantime B is VERY attentive, taking her on nice dates. She dates him but she tells me she feels nothing. I can tell B is really falling for her. She's bluntly told him if C her out she would do it but B doubts that will happen. I asked her what would she do if B asked her to marry him and she said she would just to make C jealous but I told her he's probably not interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 04:54 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I've mentioned my one friend who is doing online and some of the freaks she's met (like the big baby, they met and he was weird). So he finally meets a great guy. I'll call him B. B is a really nice guy and I think she's lucky. However, she isn't attracted to him. She is attracted to another guy who I don't think is interested. I'll call him C. She met C a year ago at an event and he is related to her cousin (no, he isn't related to her). According to her C is really hot and has a decent job (I think he's a lawyer as she is). B also has a decent job but at best average.

Long story short she's been making comments to C she'd like to date him but he makes no moves on her. In the meantime B is VERY attentive, taking her on nice dates. She dates him but she tells me she feels nothing. I can tell B is really falling for her. She's bluntly told him if C her out she would do it but B doubts that will happen. I asked her what would she do if B asked her to marry him and she said she would just to make C jealous but I told her he's probably not interested.
How old are you people? This sounds so high school

Just sayin....

If she is really a user and you can't convince her how wrong this is, I'd personally let the friendship go.

Old 08-21-2014, 05:03 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:

This is really sad. And if B knew how immature and dishonest your friend is, he'd probably drop her.

Old 08-21-2014, 05:36 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,136 times
In fairness to your friend, she bluntly told B if C asked her out she'd go for it. B at least is somewhat aware of her true feelings and sees C as competition but if B does decide to propose to her, I'd probably tell B a yes would not be genuine and sincere. You're in the catbird seat to spare a lot of potential pain and heartbreak.

Old 08-21-2014, 05:38 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
women love eharmony. eharmony is a great big fish bowl and women have the spear gun.
if you are a guy and have any smarts you wont play.
an ocean of 2's out there looking for a 10.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:05 PM

She is 44 so you'd think she'd learn by now. I think she met him on eHarmony because like she told me it's full of desperate men. I don't talk to her as much now because she is getting weird (I honestly think she is bipolar).

Old 08-21-2014, 09:15 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,619 times
not much of a dilemma imho, B just doesn't have enough social/emotional/relationship intelligence to disconnect and move on. lots of guys are unattractive lap dogs without know it. it's his fault for let her treat him like he is not worthy of her attention and affection. she 44, a lawyer, and a flake. there's better hunting out there for sure...

Old 08-21-2014, 11:23 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,207,802 times
This is hella confusing, what the hell are you saying? B and C? I feel like i'm in algebra class. If B knew about C and how your friend is more interested in C, then it's B's fault for sticking around. B sounds really desperate but your friend sounds pretty stupid. She needs to move on from C as well.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:06 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,103 times
Quote:

Some people really are messed up.

I personally know someone similar in your friend's situation. They dropped $150,000 on a wedding and had the guy spend $100,000 on the diamond ring just to make an ex jealous. And, as I predicted, the ex was invited to the wedding and situated right where they were playing "cute wedding and travel photos" of the couple smiling all gleefully.

They divorced shortly 6 months after. You can love people, but the things they do?? All these unresolved childhood issues over shame? Carries on. The need to prove just doesn't stop!!

She's 44. And, why is B even still around knowing how poorly she treats him? They're all jacked up.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:33 AM

She is wacko and I feel for B because he deserves better. He deserves to have a woman who loves him for him. I predict he will deal with that where they get married and end up either divorced or unhappy. Then if they end up divorced he probably won't want to date someone again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships