Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 05:15 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
We are friends with this couple. He works a different work schedule, so we often go out with just the wife. We have a lot of fun. There's absolutely nothing awkward about it.
Two of my closest friends are a couple, and we hang out together a lot, In fact, the three of us are talking about moving to the beach in a few years and buying a house together. She and I jokingly call ourselves the "sister wives."

I think I would thrive in that sort of relationship. Nice to have a man around to mix drinks and do chores, but NOT have to be married to him!

Our main problem is that together, the three of us have 3 dogs and 12 cats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 03:01 PM

324 posts, read 294,445 times
Quote:
We are friends with this couple. He works a different work schedule, so we often go out with just the wife. We have a lot of fun. There's absolutely nothing awkward about it.
I thought being a third wheel would be even stranger when people are married.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:05 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Two of my closest friends are a couple, and we hang out together a lot, In fact, the three of us are talking about moving to the beach in a few years and buying a house together. She and I jokingly call ourselves the "sister wives."

I think I would thrive in that sort of relationship. Nice to have a man around to mix drinks and do chores, but NOT have to be married to him!

Our main problem is that together, the three of us have 3 dogs and 12 cats!
Lol, zentropa....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanWarrior View Post
I thought being a third wheel would be even stranger when people are married.
It's not at all. You're friends. You like each other. We all have the same sense of humor and we have a great time together.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:24 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
well, depends on how you feel about this. I don't care about other people's relationships, I would rather be single and I am happy with what I have right now.

I am the third wheel for my sister right now. She is dating my ex boyfriend's current coworker. He is important to her. When they went out, she took me with her because 1. She knows that I won't steal her boyfriend from her 2. She knows that I will always say nice things about her. Like for example, when he talks about dishes, I am suppose to say, "My sister can cook it better." I do that because I love her, no more, no less.

The only thing bothers me is when the coworker talks about my ex. Thinking about him still going through chemotherapy makes me very depressed. Other than that, I love being the third wheel. My sister's boyfriend loved talking to me, and my sister didn't mind. We all end up having a great time (at least I thought so)

Old 11-01-2014, 09:31 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, depends on how you feel about this. I don't care about other people's relationships, I would rather be single and I am happy with what I have right now.

I am the third wheel for my sister right now. She is dating my ex boyfriend's current coworker. He is important to her. When they went out, she took me with her because 1. She knows that I won't steal her boyfriend from her 2. She knows that I will always say nice things about her. Like for example, when he talks about dishes, I am suppose to say, "My sister can cook it better." I do that because I love her, no more, no less.

The only thing bothers me is when the coworker talks about my ex. Thinking about him still going through chemotherapy makes me very depressed. Other than that, I love being the third wheel. My sister's boyfriend loved talking to me, and my sister didn't mind. We all end up having a great time (at least I thought so)
Lol...

Sorry about your ex.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:37 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Lol...

Sorry about your ex.
Thanks. I know. (lol)

Old 11-01-2014, 09:52 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Indian guys are usually very good at doing this. We usually bring a friend along, until stuff gets intimate.

Old 11-01-2014, 10:00 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,312,671 times
My married friends always invited me places...I never felt like a third wheel. Its fine they're both your friends.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:41 AM

324 posts, read 294,445 times
Quote:
It's not at all. You're friends. You like each other. We all have the same sense of humor and we have a great time together.
I can only be at ease in a group of friends but never when I'm the third wheel.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:07 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanWarrior View Post
I can only be at ease in a group of friends but never when I'm the third wheel.
What's the difference? How about if you are the 5th wheel? Or the 7th wheel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships