Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 08:32 PM

105 posts, read 83,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
And how do you know that those who are single are so because they haven't been flexible? What if someone has been "flexible" but still can't find a mate? Also, how do you judge or determine what people should be flexible on? This is broad Rocco, so can you please elaborate?
I agree. It's not always that cut and dried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No, she wouldn't. For one thing, no one would know she's a nice person and single, just by looking at her. Men would still be too shy to approach, or would assume she's taken, not to mention all the guys who have given up on trying to find anyone or who consider approaching to be "too much work", believe they have nothing to offer women, or assume women will approach them. Men that this relatively attractive, nice woman approaches will still turn her down because she's not their type. Players will ignore her because she looks too "nice", and not hot-to-trot.

The quality of women hasn't gone way down. It's the dating scene, attitudes and complexes that's the same-old, same-old.
Nailed it.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
I'm not from the south, but my parents and grandparents are so I was raised with certain values. I've been told by people that they assumed I'd be stuck up because of what I look like but was surprised that I was so nice and friendly. I was out one night and this guy started talking to me. We had good conversation. I was nice to him, he was nice to me. He kept saying that someone as pretty as me would talk to him. He invited me to play pool with him and I did. He asked if we could exchange numbers, so I did. He asked me to call him so I did. But when I called him, he sounded like he didn't want to be bothered and I never heard from him again.

He wasn't my usual type but I was still trying to keep an open mind. And while he was the one who approached me, and I gave him a chance, he still rejected me in the end. I deal with things like this ALL the time.

I've lived in the south a long time and I've never been able to find a man here. I've found that they find me attractive but aren't interested in dating me.
I hear you, I have had many of the same experiences and I'm in NY. People make many assumptions about you by the way you look.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:46 PM

818 posts, read 916,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat
Roc, I completely disagree !
there is NO ABUNDANCE , of good people ,
I believe there are a FEW, more like a needle in the haystack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Agreed. The quality of women has gone WAY down the past 10 years or so. It's damn near impossible to find a relatively attractive one that is also a nice person and single. If such a woman is available, she will have TONS of guys chasing after her.
Hold on ! , I met a new one today, only time will tell if she is needle or hay LOL

Old 08-23-2014, 09:00 PM

957 posts, read 1,059,884 times
My biggest obstacle is myself honestly. I have no problems getting dates but I can't close the deal to save my life. That said, a couple a months ago I finally met an awesome woman that I've been seeing. Pretty sure she's one of the few somewhat sane women in the Vail area. Lol.

Things are easily thought out and said, actually preforming them is incredibly difficult. I've spent a lot of time overcoming [many years] my shyness and working on my confidence. I finally lucked out and have been seeing a woman now for a couple months and we're having a lot of fun, I'm just not sure how serious she is about things.

I continue my same routine and hang out with her a lot, we're spending a lot of time together but nothing is really concrete. We'll see where things go!

Last edited by MarshallV84; 08-23-2014 at 09:09 PM..

Old 08-23-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I've tried online dating. That didn't work either.
Have you tried meetups A? I met two guys (maybe 3, still seeing how it goes) that I had great relationships with. I'm online, but I still don't know if it works for me or not, I'm just taking the "why not?" approach.
I keep hearing about the guys online but the guys I find attractive who contact me are usually players, flaky, or meat heads. I just went out with a supposedly nice guy, supposedly Christian, athletic, retired baseball player I met online (I did a catfish check) and I would have liked to date him. Unfortunately, it was clear by the end of the date what he was really after. Boy was he barking up the wrong tree and I'm not that type of woman.

Lightening has struck before and I hope the next one is the best one.

I would like a normal, professional guy and I'm willing to be flexible on everything except height and religion, I'm almost 5'8" and a pretty conservative Christian too and I know that makes my pool a little smaller.
I have some interesting prospects so we'll see.

BTW I was pretty flexible on all three in one way or another, just for the record.

Last edited by Blessed1USA; 08-23-2014 at 09:16 PM..

Old 08-23-2014, 09:05 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Agreed. The quality of women has gone WAY down the past 10 years or so. It's damn near impossible to find a relatively attractive one that is also a nice person and single. If such a woman is available, she will have TONS of guys chasing after her.
Strange, I haven't noticed that. Maybe you're doing something wrong. You sound negative. That might be it.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
I didn't work because the men who'd contacted me were only interested in sex.

And for the record, I don't have height requirements. I also don't have education requirements as long as a guy is responsible, smart and hard-working. I've also tried giving chances to men that I didn't find attractive. Either they would stalk and harass me, or I found that they actually weren't any nicer or any more interested in a serious relationship than the more attractive guys I've gone out with.

One of my friends dated a guy who not only was unattractive but was disabled with partial limbs (arms). She moved him in with her and everything. It turned out that he was a no-good con artist, emotionally manipulating my friend and several other women all at once, getting money and gifts from them. This idea that not-so-hot guys will be nicer and treat woman better is nothing more than a BS myth.
Yep.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:18 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Strange, I haven't noticed that. Maybe you're doing something wrong. You sound negative. That might be it.
Realism =/= negativity.

A dissenting statement does not necessarily reflect the person, but may actually reflect the reality of the current situation.

I question things that feel wrong. Maybe you should try it sometime, instead of just "going with the flow".

Old 08-23-2014, 10:01 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
I'm single, nice and attractive woman. I get checked out by men but never get asked out. I've even asked my guy friends what's wrong with me. They say I'm the full package: beautiful, smart, sophisticated, funny and an overall good person. They also say they can't make out why I don't get dates.

The usual advice I get is to date people I'm not attracted to.
Do you approach men you like? Do you approach men who check you out? I'm not telling you to approach men you are not attracted to (but are you attracted to anyone, or are you picky)? But if nobody approaches you, approach them? If you are the full package, you shouldn't have any problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships