Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2010, 01:54 PM

483 posts, read 553,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
I cannot wait for the day that tattoos go out of style.

All the wailing: "Why didn't you warn me?!"

At least all those holes in noses, ears, lips, eye lids, etc. can be healed up with minimal scarring. Try blasting one of those tattoos off with a laser. Ouch. And everyone knows you had one.

I had a series of laser surgery on my throat and after the third session, I couldn't eat for a week.
And it will go out too. I don't get why someone would want to permanently disfigure their body on purpose. I've dated women with some tats. And probably would again. But it's not a plus. It's a minus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 03:03 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,536,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
I cannot wait for the day that tattoos go out of style.

All the wailing: "Why didn't you warn me?!"

At least all those holes in noses, ears, lips, eye lids, etc. can be healed up with minimal scarring. Try blasting one of those tattoos off with a laser. Ouch. And everyone knows you had one.

I had a series of laser surgery on my throat and after the third session, I couldn't eat for a week.
I hope tattoos go out of style soon, then everyone will stop assuming I received mine just to be 'trendy'.

In style, out of style, it really doesn't matter to me, I got my tattoos because *I* like them, not to follow a trend.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:34 PM

2,101 posts, read 4,512,480 times
I don't really care one way or another if a girl has tattoos or not so long as they're not excessive and/or tacky. Not all tattoos are bad.

I personally would never get one for myself because it would be like wearing the same t-shirt every day for the rest of my life. That, and I'm really afraid of needles.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:37 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,220,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Angelina Jolie has tasteful tattoos, but extensive body art to me doesn't look nice.
I suppose that's why they have to airbrush her so she can play certain period roles, like in that Changeling Movie. Women didn't hav ea bunch of tats back then, so they had to digitally alter her so it could be realistic that she was portraying someone during the great depression.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:39 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,220,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galagaone View Post
And it will go out too. I don't get why someone would want to permanently disfigure their body on purpose. I've dated women with some tats. And probably would again. But it's not a plus. It's a minus.
bravo.

I can't tell you how many even middle age women (tourists) i see with tattoos all ove rtheir backs on a daily basis during the summer. It's not like these are a tiny tattoo of a star. They are just huge things. It's really gross.

I think tattoos show poor judgment.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
bravo.

I can't tell you how many even middle age women (tourists) i see with tattoos all ove rtheir backs on a daily basis during the summer. It's not like these are a tiny tattoo of a star. They are just huge things. It's really gross.

I think tattoos show poor judgment.
And I think not having a tattoo shows you're a boring, uninteresting person.

Okay, I really don't think that, but it's in the same vein. People get tattoos for different reasons and sure, some have REALLY bad judgement, but many others are just normal people who like an odd type of art.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:02 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,294,390 times
This is at least the third anti-tattoo thread going on right now. How many do we really need?

Old 07-27-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
This is at least the third anti-tattoo thread going on right now. How many do we really need?
Apparently, just enough to make tattooed people feel like lowlife degenerate societal losers and to make un-tattooed people feel that much better about themselves.

I guess 3 would do it

Old 07-27-2010, 06:10 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,294,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Apparently, just enough to make tattooed people feel like lowlife degenerate societal losers and to make un-tattooed people feel that much better about themselves.

I guess 3 would do it
No amount of threads will make me feel that way soo... *shrug*!

Old 07-27-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
No amount of threads will make me feel that way soo... *shrug*!

Me neither

I love my tattoos!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships