Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2007, 06:00 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
oh woe is me.
seriously.
i have one on my upper back, between my shoulders (there goes low back dresses and bathing suits), a couple on my forearms, and I plan on getting more done with those (egads, they can be seen if i wear short sleeves, crap), and I also have one on my left calf (well, there goes anything but pants and full-length dresses).

shoot, I guess I have to completely cover myself up.

seriously, I can cover them when I need to. otherwise, they're out there for the world to see, and they mean a lot to me, and anyone that has a problem with them, they don't need to associate with me. end of story.
Whatever. I think you've over-inked yourself, but then we haven't gotten into the sizes of these things, what they are, etc..... Again, I don't care about visibility personally, I just think some tatoos are tasteful and some are plan ass ugly......

Again I never said I'd disassociate with those with tats.... Just would most likely NOT date someone who didn't have the common sense to stop before it got out of hand.....

On a side note I'm curious. What ARE your tattoos of and what DO they mean to you??? If you don't mind sharing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 06:04 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
so what if you guys that wouldn't date us tattooed girls met one of us in the dead of winter, so we dressed accordingly, thus covering up said tattoos... then if you like the girl enough and you eventually see her with less clothing, what would you do then? would you say "eww, tattoos, never mind!" or would you stop being judgmental because you like HER as a person? hmm?
It'd be a turnoff much the same as if you met a man in the dead of winter and one night you saw him with less clothing and he had massive burns covering his back..... Only the man didn't choose to do it to himself....

To me that's where my issue comes in and again depends on the size and what it is

Old 12-26-2007, 06:11 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,234,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
Whatever. I think you've over-inked yourself, but then we haven't gotten into the sizes of these things, what they are, etc..... Again, I don't care about visibility personally, I just think some tatoos are tasteful and some are plan ass ugly......

Again I never said I'd disassociate with those with tats.... Just would most likely NOT date someone who didn't have the common sense to stop before it got out of hand.....

On a side note I'm curious. What ARE your tattoos of and what DO they mean to you??? If you don't mind sharing...
actually all of my tattoos have to do with bands whose music I hold in high regard. lyrics are involved on a couple of them. in fact, the one on my calf has a song lyric written in my own handwriting, so it means a lot to me. the ones on my forearms look like atoms, and I would like to get something added on to those, but I haven't decided what yet. (thus, I don't just go out and get them without putting some thought into them.) I probably will get something on my right calf, but I'm not sure what...perhaps having to do with Chicago, since moving here has been the biggest event in my life. then I'm honestly probably done. I'm not saying I want to cover my arms or anything. The one on my calf is pretty big, the one on my back sort of medium sized, and the ones on my forearms aren't too terribly huge, and I can cover them up with a 3/4 sleeve shirt - and whatever I get done will go back up my arm, so I don't have anything else I have to cover up.

seriously, when I go out to important meetings and such for work, no one would know that I have them (except for maybe me wearing longish sleeves and pants in summer). I realize the way people react to tattoos sometimes and I respect that.

Old 12-26-2007, 07:46 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,394,538 times
I never knew til I joined this board how many people have such intense dislike for people with tattoos. The topic comes up fairly frequently and people have such strong opinions. I find it weird. It's a non-issue to me. I'd have no problem dating a girl with a tattoo. Of course, some tattoos are more attractive than others, but a tattoo-free body with never be a pre-requisite for my dating a girl. It seems rather silly.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:50 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
I'd also like to add that not everyone that has a tattoo regrets having it done.
I do have common sense and good judgement.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:13 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,970 times
In answer to the op...Yes I think tattoos on a girl is sexy, and I would date her, as long as they are professionally done and especially if shes in good shape, they just add a "little something something." I have a couple tatts and i dont regret them..and actually might get another one.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:44 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
I'd never be caught over-inked and under-dressed! I think the tattoo craze is for the most part, is another way of illustrating the generation gap. MOST people in their late thirties and over, don't wish to be part of the "ink brigade."

Old 12-27-2007, 11:30 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I'd never be caught over-inked and under-dressed! I think the tattoo craze is for the most part, is another way of illustrating the generation gap. MOST people in their late thirties and over, don't wish to be part of the "ink brigade."
I know a lot of people in their 20's that also don't want to be part of the ink brigade. Plus good tattoos are expensive.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:48 PM

388 posts, read 328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Sounds like maybe you've had your heart broken or been rejected by a woman with tattoo(s)?
Uh, no. I just don't prefer women with tattoos. IMO, it's a turnoff.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:06 PM

143 posts, read 651,944 times
I think ink on a girl is hot, if its tasteful and not over the top. My favorite spot is when a girl has one on her hip .

On the other hand, I don't think that people who find them to be a turnoff are wrong. Its a matter of personal tastes. Some guys don't like girls with tats, others dont like girls who are heavy, some don't like girls with short hair. They can't help what they are physically atracted to.

Personally, I can't date a girl who puts ketchup on her eggs.

Now if your judging someones personal value by their tat, that's a little judgmental.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships