Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 05:01 PM

898 posts, read 937,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHavensFinest View Post
Theres no fixing that...... try telling her to calm down, or better yet, tell her to get a job.

Shell end up using you for the Apt.
She does have a job in her home state. She's trying to relocate though, and will likely be unemployed for a bit while she's looking here. That's the plan at least.

Her story is really sad. I'm finding out that she seemingly has zero true friends who will do anything for her. Her parents won't even help her with her move. This makes me think that this is why she is as clingy as she is. That's what's going to make breaking it off really difficult for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 05:09 PM

284 posts, read 340,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DM1N View Post
She does have a job in her home state. She's trying to relocate though, and will likely be unemployed for a bit while she's looking here. That's the plan at least.

Her story is really sad. I'm finding out that she seemingly has zero true friends who will do anything for her. Her parents won't even help her with her move. This makes me think that this is why she is as clingy as she is. That's what's going to make breaking it off really difficult for me.
That likely explains her actions a bit better. I'm not sure why people on this forum are so trigger-happy/pro-break up. If everything else with her is going well, why not just ask her to ease up on the texting or confront her about her behavior? Obviously, this woman feels safe with you and this has probably led her to show too much too soon. Most people are not very introspective and have little knowledge that their behavior is offensive.

If you think this lady is otherwise a good catch, I think you owe it to yourself to see if you can make a relationship with her work out.

Old 08-26-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nallia1 View Post
If you think this lady is otherwise a good catch, I think you owe it to yourself to see if you can make a relationship with her work out.
This is what I'm not sure of, particularly after the past couple weeks. I am not convinced that she's "the one", so I don't necessarily want to waste either of our time. I just figured you'd have a special feeling about a person if you were really into them. I don't think I'm getting that vibe at this point.

Old 08-26-2014, 05:32 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,887,329 times
oH, I don't think you necessarily have to kick her to the curb, but you are definitely going to have to set some boundaries. Do you know what those are? If you don't want her at your place, tell her that. If she is welcome but the dog is not, say so. if you have any interest in her, make it clear to her that you are interested in DATING when she relocates but you are not prepared to be this involved in her life after only one month.

Old 08-26-2014, 05:41 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:

This is a red flag here, why won't the family help her? Why doesn't she have friends?

I would look into it.

Old 08-26-2014, 05:51 PM

284 posts, read 340,855 times
Quote:
This is what I'm not sure of, particularly after the past couple weeks. I am not convinced that she's "the one", so I don't necessarily want to waste either of our time. I just figured you'd have a special feeling about a person if you were really into them. I don't think I'm getting that vibe at this point.
That's understandable. Then the best course of action is to let her know what your reservations are and that you don't think you're the right person for her. However because you care about her, you don't want to waste her time on a relationship that, you feel certain, is going nowhere.

I don't know of anybody (sane) who won't appreciate that approach.

All the best!

Old 08-26-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
This is a red flag here, why won't the family help her? Why doesn't she have friends?

I would look into it.
I've been thinking a lot about this lately. It baffles me. Not having many friends because she lives in a poor, rural area does not necessarily concern me. I had a difficult time making new friends when I was back in decrepit Metro Detroit. But the fact that her parents and family are so resistant to help her with the move is a big red flag to me. It may just be that she has a crappy family. It wouldn't be the first time in history I suppose.

I am and always have been a pretty independent person, so the clinginess is by far the most bothersome. She's doing that thing where she's making all these hypothetical plans with me and it kind of scares me a little. Like let's just slow down for a minute.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:31 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
I've been thinking a lot about this lately. It baffles me. Not having many friends because she lives in a poor, rural area does not necessarily concern me. I had a difficult time making new friends when I was back in decrepit Metro Detroit. But the fact that her parents and family are so resistant to help her with the move is a big red flag to me. It may just be that she has a crappy family. It wouldn't be the first time in history I suppose.

I am and always have been a pretty independent person, so the clinginess is by far the most bothersome. She's doing that thing where she's making all these hypothetical plans with me and it kind of scares me a little. Like let's just slow down for a minute.
Many women do this imagine the future with the guy.Tell her not us.Explain to her that she is rushing things and smoothering too much.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:38 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,993,765 times
Quote:
Anyway, just a heads up, these are not appealing qualities to most people. If you find yourself doing this kinds of things to a potential mate, STOP IT! Honestly, before it's too late.
When people are clingy like that with me, I think in a way it's a good thing, because it shows me that we are not compatible. I'd rather know that sooner than later.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:45 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,323 times
Do you know her well enough to determine whether she is telling you the whole truth? It may be that she has used up all of her resources with her family and friends. She appears to be playing on your emotions. What kind of woman would want to move in with a man whom she doesn't know? Does she really like you or are you just a possible meal ticket for her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships