Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 07:22 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times

Advertisements

I will pass along one of our favorite moments,

This was way back before we were actually we officially but he was hungry and broke and working and I have $5.00 so I told him I would meet him for supper.

I did meet him and I had stopped at Jack in the Box and got 2 jumbo jacks, 2 tacos and one drink.
We sat in my 1986 Olds Calais (the one we called the hooshmobile) and I lit a tea light candle, not in a holder just a tea light candle and we had supper by candlelight in the parking lot of an old gasoline station that had closed in Sauget, Illinois around 11:00 pm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 07:34 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,065 times
I think it's significant that so many of our "most romantic moments" are during simple and trying times. It goes to show how little money really matters when it comes to warming our hearts.

Last edited by Butterflyfish; 08-28-2014 at 07:50 PM..

Old 08-28-2014, 07:43 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
He invited me to hang out with his friends meanwhile his cousin, brother and his wife were there to decide if I was girlfriend material.I was.It was nice while it lasted.....he always had flowers when he picked me up.

Old 02-26-2015, 03:33 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,449,583 times
Most romantic thing a girl ever did was after I broke up with her was put sugar in my gas tank. Never knew she cared so much for me till I broke up with her.

Old 02-26-2015, 03:44 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
Most romantic thing a girl ever did was after I broke up with her was put sugar in my gas tank. Never knew she cared so much for me till I broke up with her.
Thank you for reviving an old thread to share something totally off topic.

Old 02-26-2015, 03:46 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
ii combed the puke out of a girls hair once- it was hers...

if that aint romantic, I don't know what is,,,anyone can buy a flower...

Old 02-26-2015, 04:26 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
ii combed the puke out of a girls hair once- it was hers...

if that aint romantic, I don't know what is,,,anyone can buy a flower...
Yes they can.

I commend you on the cleaning of barf.I did that for my niece when she was sick.But her in the tub and combed.

Old 02-26-2015, 05:03 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
How about this one.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD4s4s9_03c

Old 02-26-2015, 07:54 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk4894 View Post
never really had many romantic things for myself so cant answer this one , so just wondering what has been the most romantic thing you have done or a partner has done?
The day that my fiance' and I went from long time , close friends, to a couple, without a doubt, was the most "romantic" thing I've ever experienced. It started as just plain, fun. We were making dinner, I was preparing the meat for the grill, she was on the other side of the kitchen, behind the island, and she went into one of her silly spells, throwing an olive and bouncing it off my noggin.

I turned around., and there she was, an impish look on her cutest of faces, and then she does this little dance she does when she's in a good mood, then ups the ante, and flips a spoon full of sour cream, pasting it to my shirtfront. As she's doing her silly dance., again. I responded with a piece of avacado (I think it was avacado ) which she dodged.and I started chasing her around the kitchen, and we just trashed the place., laughing so hard our sides split.

We ended up standing in the middle of this mess having our first, real kiss. No, it didn't end up like something out of Penthouse forum. But things went from a bout of playful , plumb silly., wacky childish play, to the most intense and passionate kiss, I have ever experienced, and I knew, we both knew, we were hopelessly, totally in Love. Its a moment I will cherish forever.

Old 02-27-2015, 11:32 AM

718 posts, read 615,908 times
Okay this isn't really so romantic, per se, it was just a really sweet memory in my relationship.

So I have this quirk of mine where I like to wash dishes with the water running as hot as possible. Same thing with showers. I always turn the knob all the way. Because I've been doing this my whole life, I'm pretty much immune to the hot water. Initial contact doesn't hurt or anything like that.

I also love washing dishes. So every night, after I'd cook dinner, I'd ask my boyfriend to wash dishes with me. This was like a 30-45 minute period where we could just talk about things and I really enjoyed it. It would be just me and him, washing dishes and enjoying each others' company. The problem was, he would constantly burn himself. He would always get absentminded, reach over for a dish or soap, and his hand would run under the water. Every single time. We kept trying to make it work. I would try to keep an eye on him so he wouldn't touch the water. We tried washing dishes with lukewarm water, but I hated it. Eventually, we gave up and I just started washing dishes alone.

He would stand by the doorway and talk to me while I washed, but it wasn't really as nice anymore. He could tell that I really missed doing the dishes together. It was really silly, but it was time together that I felt was taken away.

So one day, I was doing the dishes, like any other night, when he came in and started washing with me. I was surprised because he stuck his hand in the scorching hot water and didn't even flinch. I kept asking him how he was doing that. He wouldn't tell me. We did dishes every night from that day forward.

Eventually, I found out that while I was cleaning the kitchen, he would sneak into the bathroom and put his hands under the sink. He'd slowly start turning the knob until it was all the way on hot. He would sit there and get used to the heat, until it didn't bother him anymore. Then he would come out and do the dishes with me.

It wasn't exactly romantic or a grand gesture, but it meant the world to me. It was little things like that that made me realize how lucky I was.

Last edited by Ashleyga; 02-27-2015 at 11:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships