Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 04:47 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,847,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonDaems View Post
I told her last week that I really want to go for councelling to see where it went wrong and why I did this , as for know I cant think or make up any reason why I did it ? It is very confusing but answers indeed my help push the process positively ...
I think it's good for you to go for counseling, definitely. It might be good for you both to go to counseling.

Old 08-30-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I told her last week that I really want to go for councelling to see where it went wrong and why I did this , as for know I cant think or make up any reason why I did it ? It is very confusing but answers indeed my help push the process positively ...
Something good will come out of this, don't worry.

Old 08-30-2014, 04:58 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,152,650 times
Quote:
Hey writerdude ,
I agree with what you say, not making an excuse for my actions ive done but nobody is perfect in live and the best you can do to show you are a human is come out for your mistakes , apologize for them and learn from them. Anyway she just needs time and if she needs me ill be there for her.
From what I read, you truly do feel sorry for her from deep down. You respect her feelings, and understand her reason for anger. I feel that your love for her runs deep and that's what one expects from an relationship. When she is ready, talk to her patiently about these feelings. I am sure she will understand . I LIKE YOUR ATTITUDE. Best of luck .

Old 08-30-2014, 05:11 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,256,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude;36302581[B
If people don't deserve a second chance there would be no marriages, period.[/b]

Also, if someone has to be that absolutely unforgiving, what's wrong with them?

Really, if someone is nice to you, overall a good companion to you, a good provider to your children (if you have them) why would an affair necessarily completely end everything?

And if you through away an otherwise good relationship because of an affair, I think that's setting the person up for long term relationship instability. They'd quickly break up with others and not forgive them either, and end up bitter and lonely.
Nonsense in bold^

Sorry, I have too much respect for myself. I have certain relationship deal breakers, and spousal betrayal is one of them.

I wouldn't hesitate to through away a so-called good relationship over infidelity. Ive done it more than a couple times, last being my lovely ex wife; wonderful/awesome woman in general btw, just not faithful.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:18 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,125,851 times
How stupid can you be ? If I were her I wouldn't even try to work things out with you. First of all for not using any birth control and then for cheating on her which you probably didn't use birth control then. Then continue to have sex with her probably without having yourself checked for any STDs. If you aren't ready to have a family take precautions because that one incident will cost you for the next 18 years.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:26 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,856,582 times
OP: I couldn't offer a suggestion, but now you've really made a mess of things.

Old 08-31-2014, 03:11 AM

41 posts, read 35,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
From what I read, you truly do feel sorry for her from deep down. You respect her feelings, and understand her reason for anger. I feel that your love for her runs deep and that's what one expects from an relationship. When she is ready, talk to her patiently about these feelings. I am sure she will understand . I LIKE YOUR ATTITUDE. Best of luck .
Hey Adi , I really do , however some people think why I did it and I don't deserve it and so on , maybe that's true , but its the first time I ever did something stupid like this and I do regret it out of the deepest of my heart. Anyhow I do wish her the best and ive been always in love with her. I just did a bad bad mistake. For people that wonder why I said carried away, ( not making an excuse at all ) I started Djing here in a university city , got carried away by the success and attention and didn't had my priorities straight at all. Did that for one year and made a huge mistake doing it , failed my year and had to re do it. Last year I builded myself up again , healthy and studying trying to be a good boyfriend but living with the thought I cheated I couldn't do it anymore. She eventually broke up cause she was unshure and therefore I confessed everything. I know I was wrong and you don't do such stuff.Tried my bestest for the past 2 months we where broke up and in meanwhile she kindoff took me for granted and started seeing other boys just to try and forget me , but in the end somehow we always got togheter. Just realised I need to work on myself , take actions to show her I am different, it will require time and effort but I really am ready to do that . Anyway thanks for your reply

Old 08-31-2014, 03:14 AM

41 posts, read 35,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
OP: I couldn't offer a suggestion, but now you've really made a mess of things.
I know I did but I also know I can make up for it , either way we get back togheter I want to show her who I really am , getting back togheter or not I owe that to her ...

Old 08-31-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Nonsense in bold^

Sorry, I have too much respect for myself. I have certain relationship deal breakers, and spousal betrayal is one of them.

I wouldn't hesitate to through away a so-called good relationship over infidelity. Ive done it more than a couple times, last being my lovely ex wife; wonderful/awesome woman in general btw, just not faithful.
Yes, and you're speaking off from your own painful situation and projecting it on everyone else. Just because you fell apart when your ex wife cheated on you and got divorced does not mean everyone must or should do what you did. Your situation is not the be all and end all.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
I know I was wrong and you don't do such stuff.Tried my bestest for the past 2 months we where broke up and in meanwhile she kindoff took me for granted and started seeing other boys just to try and forget me , but in the end somehow we always got togheter. Just realised I need to work on myself , take actions to show her I am different, it will require time and effort but I really am ready to do that . Anyway thanks for your reply
I think you're setting yourself up to be played. Now you're talking about proving her that you are different. No one person is someone you have to show them anything, no matter how you've changed or not. In the end she will either accept you and move on or she won't. You did what you did, and while that cannot be changed you can move on from the past yourself. Stop repeating in your mind what you did. This is regardless of whether or not you took get back together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships