Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 06:37 AM

1 posts, read 961 times

Advertisements

So a guy started mailing me on a dating site away back in April and about a month later we exchanged numbers . We spoke every few days but since July we have pretty much spoke every since day , mostly at nights , he has told me a lot about himself . I can honestly say I have never got on so well with someone have great conversations which leave me in tears of laughter . He told me about a month ago I was borderline friend zone yet tells me why can't more girls be like me and tells me pretty much what he's after in a girl but I have to admit i am slow and don't realise he hints . He talks about stuff I've never heard of and it makes me out to be dumb but he just laughs . He was out the other nigh talking about how he needed a spoon but it wasn't going to happen due to how late it was . Next again night I was out and texin fine and ever since then he has stopped talking . It's now been three days , I texting him sayig hey and asking if he had much planned for the day but no reply . I don't understand how you can text someone 24/7 tell me that he enjoyed talking to me ten out the blue stops talking ?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 07:09 AM

33 posts, read 38,919 times
Guys do that stuff all the time. By the way, I didn't catch the part where he was taking you out. If he hasn't, from April? Why are you still interested enough to post a question about him? If I wasn't clear, yeah -- give up!

Old 08-30-2014, 07:24 AM

2,947 posts, read 7,020,434 times
I am a firm believer that if you don't actually physically meet a person within 1-4 weeks of connecting online, you won't and it is a waste of time thereafter. Minus the exception the rule, of course, because there are always exceptions.

You did a great job of filling up his time until something better came along. Then, something better came along. Queue up the Price is Right losing horn.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:28 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
Guys do this kind of stuff a lot. They'll talk to you 24/7 for weeks or months then all of a sudden they disappear. They usually reappear at a future date, but it's best if you just move on because that's what he's doing. Life isn't always fair or easy.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:35 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,415 times
This guy is either A). really immature or B). found someone else. In either case just forget about him and move on. If a guy is really interested in you he would have asked you out by now. He was just stringing you along.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:47 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,082 times
This is not a new thing for me. They do it all the time normally if I did not here I may ask once if everything okay if he does not answer I am not thinking about that again. Because it is not worth.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:15 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
You started communicating in April and you haven't met in person yet?

He sounds married.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:32 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,323 times
He does sound married. The spoon comment has sexual implication. Why would he make that comment if he were interested in getting to know you? Boderline friend?? What does that really mean? He is just wasting your time. Move on.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:36 AM
SF

286 posts, read 324,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmxx View Post
So a guy started mailing me on a dating site away back in April and about a month later we exchanged numbers . We spoke every few days but since July we have pretty much spoke every since day , mostly at nights , he has told me a lot about himself . I can honestly say I have never got on so well with someone have great conversations which leave me in tears of laughter . He told me about a month ago I was borderline friend zone yet tells me why can't more girls be like me and tells me pretty much what he's after in a girl but I have to admit i am slow and don't realise he hints . He talks about stuff I've never heard of and it makes me out to be dumb but he just laughs . He was out the other nigh talking about how he needed a spoon but it wasn't going to happen due to how late it was . Next again night I was out and texin fine and ever since then he has stopped talking . It's now been three days , I texting him sayig hey and asking if he had much planned for the day but no reply . I don't understand how you can text someone 24/7 tell me that he enjoyed talking to me ten out the blue stops talking ?

Thanks in advance
Well I am not sure why exactly he would stop talking, may be he realized something about himself or something about you that made him do that, I don't know there are many more possibilities and you won't know exactly why unless he tells you himself, but if he doesn't talk to you again or if doesn't want to talk to you, then it is not a good sign.I would also say that's not a mature thing on his part, at least he should give you one reason for his behaviour, in my view I surely think you deserve an explanation, however it's not in your hands, I mean if you try to contact him or approach him then it will only drive him away further and it won't work, so if you are still waiting then you may have to wait for some more time, not too long though , then you have to forget him, that's the best thing you can do. I know it will be hard as it seems you had a good time with him, you enjoyed his company but then that's what you have to do.

That's all from me.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:16 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,489 times
Let me give you some advice that will help you throughout your life. Use paragraphs to break apart your thoughts when writing. It makes what you write much easier for others to read.

It sounds like you didn't meet up, go out and make anything real. That's likely where you went wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships