Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2008, 11:37 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times

Advertisements

Kids are not going with him. Right now, L is complaining about he and his family, and their treatment towards her.

We were planning on a visit to Maryland next weekend for my brothers birthday, an oppurtunity to see all my sibs and for the kids to see their aunts and uncles and cousins. Can't do it.

Would have to fill the tank twice, not counting filling it again once I got home.

Yes, Rance, he is such a lowlife. I have to agree with you on that. I mentioned tot he kids moving closer to my family and A was not liking that idea very much. L does.

Right now I am going to find another job and stay put. Right now.

Church was good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 03:55 PM

Thunder and lightening. Another storm is moving in. The front porch swing moving back and forth at a quick pace, the wind blowing my hair every which way.

Only the very tips of my fingers are supporting my neck as I lean my head all the way back to feel the mist of the rain and the tiniest raindrops reaching out to touch my face.

The air has changed to cool now, after two or three very warm days. My eyes are closed, listening to the sounds around me.

Birds chirping as they fly back and forth. Everyones windchimes singing a very different song. The lone car or truch driving by.

In the quietness of the late afternoon, I can just hear the raindrops falling past me as they touch the ground. Faint music is my backdrop. The swing only squeaks a little today.

My head is lifted now, looking ahead. The birds I was hearing are flying around, in a frenzy. A small one flies onto the porch of chimes. I smile. The azaleas in full bloom on the left side of the porch. Magenta.

I hear just now a car starting up. I suppose they have finally gotten that old Camero running. I can smell the flowers my sister sent me the other day. Mostly all purples with a spray of pinks in it. Very pretty.

My daughter is a tad bit upset with my son as she is watching a movie and he pours out his legos... I can hear you! I laugh... She can hear the legos over the movie, and that is so not a good thing.

It is still daylight outside, even with the cloudy skies and rain falling, it is still daylight. It probably will be for more than an hour, I would say.

My son is still a bit sick, has been since Wednesday. His Asthma. The days passing have not gotten him much better. So far today, though, only one breathing treatment.

Four children baptized in church today. Such a very happy thing.The service was a very good one. A visiting minister was there. A very young man. Thirty one. His church actually much closer in proximity than the one I have been visiting at. My old church, my home church.

The kids rode with me today as we went, looking at the house they grew up in. The people that bought my mothers house chopped down all teh pine trees that lined either side of the property, both of the kids asking why, in unison.

So many why's I have to answer these days. Sometimes I wonder if the why's will slow down, or just change in nature.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:44 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
Just wait Robyn. Them "asking why's" will soon turn into them "telling you why's"!

Old 04-20-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Just wait Robyn. Them "asking why's" will soon turn into them "telling you why's"!
Oh geez.. thanks a lot Rancelot! I can tell it wont be very far off,. too...

UGH. Oh well. Thats life.

He finally just called to talk to the kids. Two hours after he was supposed to with him saying to me.. I just called THE home phone, can I talk to the kids?

He was on my cell. I hate it when he says that.. like it is his home telephone... gggrrrr...... the home phone... poo to that!

Old 04-20-2008, 07:11 PM

Block his number!

Old 04-21-2008, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Block his number!
Can't do that, he has a right to talk to the kids....

A is still sick, neededing a breathing treatment probably in about an hour. ib is the same way when he gets sick, comes on very quickly, takes forever to go away.

L doesn't wanna get up. I didn't either. It got cold here overnight... I think I should just drink my coffee upstairs in my bed and go back to bed.

Nope, need the money.

Good Morning and Happy Monday.... is it Friday yet? ugh

Old 04-21-2008, 06:29 AM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,079,526 times
Robyn, I would recommend blocking tjib's # on your cell phone, and go back to a two-hour window-of-opp each evening when he can call on the house phone, otherwise, he's **** out of luck...and in an emergency, let him call your office to reach you....that would leave your cell phone for only positive conversations, no more fear of whom is calling.

I don't think that is the wisest plan though, but if you can't bring yourself to ignore his calls, then it's an idea. ib needs to understand when he can call, otherwise he's controlling everyone again calling when he wants, and giving you all attitude. I'm not even sure your cherubs would be crushed, if he didn't call regularly.

(Aren't you happy I'm finding more time to share my thoughts on CD?)

Old 04-21-2008, 07:04 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,836,584 times
I think better than laying out the rules Robyn just needs to not take his calls on the cell phone. All of them are equipped with Caller ID anyway. Let him leave a message. Check it when you feel like it and have the kids call him back when it's convenient for you.

He has no way of proving that you're ignoring his calls- and I doubt the court would obligate you to keep your cell phone within reach 24/7 to take his calls. He has a time window to call the house phone. Make him use that unless you're not home during that time. And you owe him no explanation if he calls outside of that window. He can leave a message.

You have so much more power than you give yourself credit for, Robyn. You need to start using it. Every time you take his calls and listen to his bull____ you area giving him the power back.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:18 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,836,584 times
You can also program most cell phones to ring specific tones for certain callers in your phone book- including SILENT. Then you wouldn't have a ringing phone to distract your attention from whatever you are doing- or have to explain it to the kids.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:53 PM

Let the kids call him when they want. See how he likes it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships