U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-28-2008, 03:56 AM

16,689 posts, read 15,823,286 times
It is hard!

Good Wednesday Morning everyone. This leave of absence just is not working at all, now is it?

I am getting ready to make my coffee... A is up, but I can tell it is going to be hard to get L up today. I can tell already, and she hasn't gotten her little morning attitude yet.

I had a hard time getting up this morning, my alarm went off for 25 minutes, I heard it as I lay there on my stomach, the covers all the way up to the back of my head, and me clenching Danger Dog. A little stuffed animal.

I was sort of awake, I just did not want to move. Did not want to get up, at all. But here I am.

Ok. I have my coffee cup now. It's in the first Tink cup I ever gor for myself. I must say, the coffee is good today. So, that is good.

A in the kitchen while I am concocting it all, singing a song to me as he goes along.

Wrapping his long arm around me, with a smile. Here is L, now. Maybe not in such a bad mood, she just got up, and I told her good morning, and she came and gave me a huge smile, her hair sweeping across my face. Smelling so sweet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 04:58 AM

Yes, the little monster in her came out. I knew it would.

Thats all I have to say about that for now. I am jumping in the shower and getting ready for work...

whew.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:41 AM

Good Happy Thursday morning. If today is Thursday, that means tomorrow is Friday, and that means... YAY!

OK, the coffee is good, and I stayed up way too late last night. So did the kids, unbelievable, L is in very good spirits, only a little frustrated that I told her to get dressed two times.

Her opinion is.. I know I have to get dressed, you told me two times.

Mine is, if I had to tell you two times, it must be because you did not get dressed the first time.

Stomp stomp stomp up the stairs.

A is a little ... I don't know... you can tell he didn't sleep well. More than that, he didn't get enough sleep.

OK. I have been stressing out here as of late, and I am breaking out on my face like a teenager. I didn't do that as a teenager, I suppose life is catching up with me.

So. We have no more P. We know that. Then there was number 1, who was actually number 2 after P.

He is a sweetie. A nice country boy. I know when I type on here, sometimes I get going fast, and my letters get all changed around, and it looks like I am just crazy unable to spell or something.

He owns his own company, and is successful in all that he does. He is a sweet, kind spirit. When I first started talking to him, I could hardly stand it, because he is unable to spell or use correct punctuation.

I don't know how much this would bother anyone else... but I was a straigt across the board A student in English, and what I wanted to do in life was be a teacher. I wanted to be an English teacher. It's funny, my old HS English teacher is a pt of mine now..

That makes me happy.

Ok, back to number 1. We will call him B.

I have gotten over the spelling thing. Now, I just see him for the person he is, like I should. We go out and take pictures together. He knows when I am happy or sad, or lonely, just by the tone of my writing.

I suppose everyone does.

I hate to compare, to ib. But he would not ever know what I was by reading my written word.

Ok, so there is B. A most wonderful gentleman. Talk to me about his exp as a child much like my own. Encouraging me to do what I have to do, for them. etc.. I already talked about this.

OK, now there is D1. lmao. A true redneck. I mean a so for real redneck. The first time I met him, he was wearing camo shorts, had a knife on them, an inside out t shirt. He and his family had just been fishing, and he was cleaning the fish.

I could have died. I do not normally watch things like this. He was cleaning the fish, and his little boy was helping him. They were still alive, and the catfish lived forever. I had to exit stage left and go take pictures.

His children and parents welcomed me like they had none me forever. He is the one with the best sense of humor, I would say.

Tall, athletic build, cut. Dark hair, very short. Nice voice.

D1 is not for me.

Although the other day when I was so down low, lower than what seemed like hell, he picked me up to the sky, although he was joking on me.. lol... but it was funny!

Ok, D2.

Genius. I am not even kidding when I say this. I am not. He thinks he is not very social, but I think he is doing just fine. Not quite 6 feet, dark brown hair, green eyes.

Speaks English (TG) , French, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Latin, am I forgetting any? I don't know.

He home schools his twin 12 yo sons. He writes music and plays music. His vocab is off the hook.

My eyes make him nervous, he says. But he cannot stop looking at them. Loves how I smile when I talk to him. Says not many people smile like that in conversation...

Has a theory and logic for everything in the world. When he breaks it down, I am thinking, good God, why didn't I think of that? And the theory is perfect.

He is published. He is a professor. He is from New York. Lives in North Carolina. He is a Christian, all of them are.

Has his own thoughts that Christians should be w Christians, Muslims w Muslims, Atheist w Atheist.. etc.

If you are of two different political views, that is fine, but must have the same religious views, etc.

I must have heard a kazillion of his theories, and I know you are sitting there thinking... how boring. Or, I would just die.

But it isn't, amazingly. It really isn't. It is actually very thought provoking. Everytime I talk to him, I feel like I am actually, I don't know.. learning something. And he cracks me up.. I laugh and smile, and he says, see, there you go laughing at me again, and I don't know if you're laughing at me, or with me...

Oh, he is also a day trader. He runs a company for someone right now.

He believes in telling you upfront about himself, as down the line, how could you cover up who you are 'trying' to be, to impress someone? That initial person cannot go on forever, as your true self has to come out.

I do that anyway. I am not going to be anyone but me, and if you don't like it, move along and get over yourself.

He does have a neurological issue. I do too. He told me that right up front. I told him as well.

He is almost done with his law degree. I know, how could he be doing all of this?

He is not currently a professor. His wife left he and the kids. Law school was put off, and he and the kids moved a couple months later, after the wife left.

He says he does not allow worry in his life. Because it all works out. Everything will be ok.

I could go on, but L needs a sandwich in her lunch.

That was D2. D1 really is not a player in this game of life for me.

So, I have sweet country boy and overly intelligent man from the city, transplanted to the country.

I talked to him for 5 hours last night... I have talked to B like that as well...

Today, I am not so worried over the money.. it has got to come from somewhere.. and it is so horrible being as stressed as I was... I don't know

Something has got to give.

Oh. I had talked with A yesterday and he told me he was very sad. Sad because of his grades. He is so smart, but this year, under the circumstances, he is not doing so well. Sad because of what happened last summer, just sad.

I talked to him about it, and I was mentioning it to D2.

He said to me that everything is going to work out just fine. My answer to almost everything is I dont know.

He asked if he could say hello to A, and I let him.

They spoke for about 20 minutes. A came off the phone different than when he got on, it seemed.

I asked what they talked about... guy stuff, and he touched his fist to his chest. hmm.

So, I have asked D2 what they had to say to one another...

anyways, I have to go now, and face this thursday... A has never talked to any of my friends before, til now.

B has no children, but somehow gives excellent advice.. also lets me know that he is going to continue to eat me out of house and home at this stage... wonderful. I said A needs to get a job.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:44 AM

oh geez, that was a novel.. sorry

Old 05-29-2008, 05:25 AM

I almost for got. I have a call back interview tomorrow with the place I interviewed with a couple of weeks ago. I will be interviewing with three drs and a Nurse Practicioner.

Also, this just in... I think there is a rotten potato in my house somewhere, and I cannot find it. Maybe in the way bottom of my pantry or somewhere.. omg it is killing me.

So, tonight, search and destroy.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:39 AM

2,489 posts, read 5,250,325 times
Aw Robyn - Don't "apologize" for the novel - I loved reading it! You are being exposed to so many different types of men and that's a good thing! Enjoy it!

Both guys sound like nice people and good ones to have around you, especially at this time. For the one who can't spell - is he dyslexic? A lot of guys are "poor spellers."

D2 (hope I got that right <g>) sounds very nice, too. I like his philosophy that everything works out. He's right - It usually does eventually I like that he took the time to speak with A - that was very nice of him....and more importantly, it sounds like whatever he said to A had a positive effect, which is always good.

Could A get a job mowing lawns this summer? It would give him a chance to earn some money and help to build his self-esteem a little - might be worth talking to him about.

It sounds like you're in a much better frame of mind this morning and that's good! I hope it continues for you!

Old 05-29-2008, 06:06 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,124,819 times
Yep!! Get rid of the stinky things in your world!! Rotten potato and everything. All you need to do is find it, and out it goes!!

Good luck with the interview!!

Old 05-29-2008, 11:57 AM

He is dyslexic. Yes. He is. But he had a very hard time learning when he was growing up. to spell... does numbers well....

I am talking to D2 now... but B is the one I am talkig of in this post.

Last edited by Pikantari; 05-29-2008 at 12:09 PM..

Old 05-29-2008, 12:13 PM

He wrote something to me in Russian..... He speaks Greek, Latin, Arabic, French, Spanish, etc....

Talking about going to Philly for (sp) philafal. I asked him what he spoke to A about... guy stuff... in Russian he wrote Don't worry, it was just guy stuff...

Just told me the lady hacked his hair, and he needs to pray to the Sun Gods for a good hair day the next time he sees me... lmao.

A. He has been so sad here lately. Sad over his failing grades, over the separation/divorce... D2 talked to him, and it seemed like his outlook changed a bit...

I broke my glasses this morning, they are not repairable.

Asked me to get the number of a lawyer for him... speeding on the way home from our lunch the other day.. yikes.

Says talking to me makes him feel a little more normal.. I make him feel normal.

I suppose with his intelligence, he probably doesn't have many friends, I don't know. And being over so many people.. He looks at the world in a much different way than most people.

For some reason, I seem to understand it. He sees the sky like I see it. I did not tell him how I see it, or the trees or river, but he told me how he sees it, and it is the same as how I write of it, as i experience my surroundings.

ib should be getting something from the sherriff either today or tomorrow. I have not heard anything from him as of yet, but the arraignment is 061808.

ugh.

I am starting to settle down from that. I know things will be ok, but sometimes it is just so hard to believe that they will.

When I have all these bills that I cannot pay for, tickets, broken glasses now... I am thinking, ok, whats next?

Old 05-29-2008, 12:21 PM

A won't hardly even cut OUR grass... lol... and that rotten potato.. it has got to go....

D2 asked me what time I get off today. i said 530 He said he would call me at 531 and 40 seconds... lol

Yesterday he said that he had to go but he would call me back in 3 minutes and 14 seconds.

He finished what he had to do in less time, and was trying to have patience in calling me back.. he tells me I have stolen his patience, and he is left wanting.

He called me in just under 3 minutes. he said he tried to wait, but he could not. 30 seconds before it was time, he waited 15 more seconds.. he just could not wait,.

Thiscracks me up, but he is most serious. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships