Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2007, 03:54 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleleigh View Post
cinderobyn I am so happy that you had good and hapyy Christmas. Blessings to you and yours for the New Year and happiness also.
Thank you! I did not see this post when I was in here in the night... I was thinking of what aiangel had said, me, being on the same side as what she said.

Just that I feel he thinks it is not my business, what med he is on, etc.

He and his mother know every med I am taking...

None of mine are a secret, and they know what they all are for...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 04:28 AM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,079,526 times
Good morning, I agree that you should know what ib is taking meds for, but more importantly, in spite of how well things are going right now, I think it's important to recognize that they are going this well, partially bec you documented so diligently, that you had the strength of reality, behind everything you said at mediation. Document that he is taking a med that needed to be addressed at the ER ~ you are right, Robyn, that visit was a good decision on his part (that's 1 check in his column).

Everyone left my house yesterday, and today is a day of prep before driving down to FL to visit relatives for New Years...what I wouldn't give for having the time off alone at home, while everyone was down in FL. Sorry to say it, but I'm just getting over a bad cold, and I'm fatigued and still need to get settled in the new place. Oh well.

Wishing everyone a good week, TGIF of course Robyn, and all who are working this week, I haven't found myself another job yet, but truthfully, I haven't looked...that is next week's goal.

Love the new thread, Robyn! You are truly a gifted writer to have made that transition so smoothly.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:28 AM

Default It's Friday! (novel alert)

Thats always good....

Whats even better? It is still a good coffee day. Yes it is. That is a good thing. Even better is the feeling, that it is a good coffee day.

I woke up this morning, happy. I have been this way for a while now.

It is a feeling that to tell you the truth, I am not used to, and I will have to grow used to, but really, I am growing rather fond of it.

Yes, HDL, Tink is right, it was a Blessed Christmas....and better days.

Yesterday was the beauty of the fog. I don't know yet, what today is. In my eyes. What they will see, as I drive to work.

Does everyone see beauty in fog? No, I don't think so.

My before fog, was troublesome, I knew there was something bad, lying ahead. But that fog I saw yesterday... I couldn't do anything but smile at what the Lord has blessed me with.

Through Him, all things are possible....

I believe that is so very true. All things are possible, through Him. I read these other threads, I post in some, people jump at me when i mention the Lord, they say your Lord is not my Lord. I am glad that works for you, but that deosn't work for me.

Almost mad. This person. Almost mad that I would even say that the Lord comes 1st in my life.

Why do I say almost?

Originally Posted by cinderobyn
#1... The lord is first. From there... life is good.

From another poster:

I'm very happy that works for you. But there's no god in my life and I am very happy with my life, and always have been. My boyfriend feels the same way. It's us first, our family and then our pets. Just understand that your god thing isn't for everyone.

(My God thing, such a wonderful thing it is...)

That is fine... (that last part, from me)

ME:
Thank you and A thank you very much!

I feel like this thread is out of hand right now. Peoples opinions are what they are, but this is a forum, we are a group of people putting forth our ideas and opinions.

But the same people are jumping on other people, for the same opinion, over and over.

Me, the Lord comes first, above all else. Yes, some people do not believe in MY Lord. That is fine. Some of us believe the children should come first, others of us, our spouse, our dog.

I am not with my husband anymore. But when I was, my kids came first.

First, the Lord, who carried me through, helped me when I could not help myself.

Then, my children. I carried them through when they could not help themselves.

It just is not a popularity contest.

If you don't have a child, you do not know 'the love of a child' or mothers love. not how your mother loved you, but how you love your child.

It is true, no child can be replaced. Ever. Not by another child. My nephew just lost his baby girl. She will never come back. They may have another child, but it will never be that baby girl.

I am rambling.

Peace be with you all... thats all I can say. Hope your holiday is great, and your new year, even better.

A man, a father would want you to save your child, before him, out of that burning building.

my opinion, and if someone negs me, so be it.

[+] Rate this post positively

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by cinderobyn : 12-25-2007 at 12:02 AM.

This thread should not be moved to the parenting forum, it should be REMOVED from the board.

It is out of control, and the same opinions have been thrown back and forth and beaten into the ground.

We must agree to disagree, on this one, I am thinking.

This is an I have had the last word match and it is ridiculous. A woman will save her child. A man will save his child. I have no question in my mind.

And this does not mean that people would love their spouse or SO any less or more, it is human instinct.

For Christs sake, it is animals instinct.

So, these animals held so near and dear, they will save their young, and they will die doing it. Animals will die to save their young. They will die doing it. We have all seen it. We have all heard of it.

An animal will not save her mate. She will save her young.

In this human world, it is also what I would say, a great percent of mothers and fathers would do as well.

This thread is off the hook crazy.

[+] Rate this post positively

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by cinderobyn : 12-25-2007 at 03:52 PM. Reason: no offense to the OP please.

So, a little extra reading this morning.

MY God is important to me.... yes, He is not everyones God, but without Him, I am nothing. I was carried through by Him, and now, above all of this, all of these bad times, He stands infront of me with a smile.

We have accomplished a new day for my children and I. Without Him, in all honesty, there would be a house called the House of Shackles and Chains, and Chimes would not exist.

Oh the house would be here, and someone else would be in it. But not us. The Magic of what is chimes today, would not exist. Strange to say it together, the Lord, and magic...

But everything that has happened in my life, even when I did not know Him, was His plan.

From the day I was created, until the day I leave this earth, he knows well before I do, what is going to happen.

This is my belief, this is my faith.

Any one who disagrees, has the free will to do so. But not me. My Lord may be your Lord, you may not believe in Him...whatever.

I know, for me, what i believe is real, for how could fog be so beautiful, if not for Him putting those brilliant rays of sunshine through it?

The coffee was good, even as it got cold.

Love and hugs to you all...

Old 12-28-2007, 04:42 AM

Morning my MsV!!! Wishing you safe travels to Florida. Thank you for your kind words, my friend.

The strength of reality, my where i could take those words. Reality hit me in July, harder than it ever has...LOL

Yep.. I just laughed out loud over it. Right here in my dining room, I laughed out loud over the events of July 21.

It lingers, I will always know of it, but it is gone, and it cannot hurt me, anymore. It is gone from me. Gone from my sight. The pain of it, gone, just as if to have vanished into thin air.

It was a stepping stone that helped to bring me where I am today. I am here! I have arrived! I am not leaving!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!! and YAY!!!!!!!

Old 12-28-2007, 05:01 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,836,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Robyn, I love ya, I really do, but must disagree on something with you. If tjblmbutt is taking meds, and they have an adverse affect on him when he has the children, it could be tramatic to them. What if he is driving somewhere with them, etc? I do feel you should know what meds he is on, for their sake.

I know, I know, and now I will be quiet. Believe me, I am not trying to be ugly...just concerned.

blessings to you..aiangel
I'm not surprised that Robyn took this advice so gracefully, AIangel.....and I would have said the same thing here had you not.

If Robyn is sending the kids with him regularly, she has every right to know what meds he is taking.

Ms. V........safe travels! Enjoy yourself.

Old 12-28-2007, 05:40 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,002,150 times
Good mornin', All!!!

I'm going to make things a bit less (or maybe more to some people) confusing about this meds thing. It's just my own personal opinion, soooo....well, you know.

Robyn, it would be great if DAIB would share what his medical issues may be at the moment. However, he doesn't need to do that and you really aren't entitled to know what his issues may be. He doesn't have any legal right to know what meds you are taking or any info about your health.

Now, having said that, your health has improved. Of course you want that to be known. Each of you will share the positives in your life with each other as it stands now. That's human nature.

Yes, full cooperation in such dialog would make the situation much more comfortable. It probably won't happen. Complete trust is necessary for that. I doubt there is much trust when a divorce is in the process.

Robyn, what you do know is that DAIB told you that he is unable to get the kids this weekend. OK. That's your basis. It's rather like 'universal precautions' in the medical field or with the special ed/educational position I worked. The caregiver may not have all the information needed to make a decision about self protection. So, it is simply assumed that 'universal precautions' are needed to be taken in every case.
Thus, until you hear otherwise, you err on the side of withholding the children for their protection.

If he chooses to discuss the situation with you, fine. However, asking for details puts you in the position of making a decision based on that info. Again that takes the focus from the safety of the kids and onto an arguable premise between two adults who will have trouble making decisons about 'the sun rise and sun set'. Plus, you would have no idea if you are hearing the truth or not.

It is commendable that he was astute enough to pass on visitation while he's not well. He did present it in a way that got him some attention from you though. He will enjoy playing a 'cat and mouse' game of..."what's wrong, what meds, are you OK now?" He has you engaged.

Hope I didn't make this all too confusing. I tend to do that.

Last edited by rockky; 12-28-2007 at 06:16 AM..

Old 12-28-2007, 06:06 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,176,486 times
Morning all - Rockky - I think your post was right on....of course I can't rep you

MsV - have a safe trip and feel better!

Robyn - You "sound" FANTASTIC! It's so great to "hear" you so up and positive!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 12-28-2007, 06:39 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
The cynical one here..... just by coincidence, on the day he was to sign the mediation agreement, he has to go to the ER?

Old 12-28-2007, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
The cynical one here..... just by coincidence, on the day he was to sign the mediation agreement, he has to go to the ER?
no, he did not sound right.... not since I talked to him the other day and he was all spastic, stressing...

something is going on there.

And I know I don't have a right, thats what I posted in the first one, for him, I have no right.

Forthe kids, if there is a problem,I kinda want to know.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:37 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
For Christs sake, it is animals instinct.

So, these animals held so near and dear, they will save their young, and they will die doing it. Animals will die to save their young. They will die doing it. We have all seen it. We have all heard of it.

An animal will not save her mate. She will save her young.
I'm not sure why you would quote my posts and bring them into this thread. However, if you are going to bring up animal instinct, with animals and birds that have several babies at one time. Not all the babies survive to adulthood. It starts off with the runt of the litter not getting enough food and then starving to death. Mothers in nature don't play favorites. She offers food and milk and it's up to the babies to fight over the portion size. If there is a famine, then possibly all the babies end up starving to death with the mother surviving. Any baby that is sickly also gets ignored and eventually dies. Yes, the mother is there to nuture their children, but after a certain point, she does give up. I see that all the time on the nature documentaries. Nature is full of life and death. One documentary that comes to mind is a film that followed a mother tiger and her three cubs. The runt was smaller and always walking at the end of the family processions. And towards the end was skinny and with flies hovering over it. Then, one morning, it just wasn't with its family.

As to god in your life, again I'm really glad that works for you and keeps your life together, but it's tiresome to have to read about it in the Relationship forum. If I wanted to read about god in your life, then I would be in the Religion forum. And you could interchange the word "god" with "good luck" in your posts and it would make just as much sense to me. Without a god crutch in my life, I feel that I am empowered to take responsibility for my own choices in life. I like being a problem solver and being the captain of my own life. And I also feel that if there was a god, he would not be concerned with petty life nonsense. And I wouldn't waste his/her time by asking for special god attention for my life problems. My life craves logic, not superstitious beliefs. If there is something I am unhappy about in my life, them I will fix it on my own with whatever it takes. It could be taking a class so I can have extra job skills, a part time job for money or just realizing that a toxic person needs to leave my life. And I can do all of that just fine, so why ask for a divine intervention? As to my health, I know what it takes to live a healthy life, so I try to be good about my eating and exercising. Again, no need to ask for a divine intervention about being healthy.

Anyway, peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships