Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2008, 06:19 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times

Advertisements

Thank you aiangel... I love everything you write to me, all so very meaningful. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 06:24 PM

I drove with the sun in the background trying to set, pink and blue sky, the clouds still strong in the front, it was still light outside.

I was driving towards the light, with the dark behind me. I was driving towards my kids.

The light.

I got there just on time. I sat. I waited. By now the sky was a midnight blue, still a little light. As I sat, the night sky grew darker.

Five minutes. Ten minutes. Fifteen minutes. Twenty minutes.

At twenty I called him, worried something had happened. L answered the phone saying they had just left.

We always meet at 6, and it is even in the visitation. I asked to talk to him. Asked him why they were just leaving, I had been worried.

We are supposed to meet at 7. It's not my fault you don't know what you are doing.

Then he called back, saying they had to turn around, forgot something.

I waited an hour an a half all together. I went to the store, and I came back over to our meeting place, they had been there 2 minutes.

This was a big upset for him, and he looked at me like I was dirt.

I am not dirt. He can look however he wants... just makes him look ... well... we won't say how it makes him look, but we know.

He also did not feed the kids. last time they ate was at 2.

He's got it goin on..

Old 01-27-2008, 06:48 PM

314 posts, read 719,245 times
Sorry the waiting was worrying but this sounds like mind games so he can tell you how wrong you are. What a sorry piece of humanity. Glad the kids are back with you so they can be fed and loved properly. Smile, his game is no fun is you don't play

Old 01-27-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by future1 View Post
Sorry the waiting was worrying but this sounds like mind games so he can tell you how wrong you are. What a sorry piece of humanity. Glad the kids are back with you so they can be fed and loved properly. Smile, his game is no fun is you don't play
Yes, he thought he was playing mind games with me, and he knows what time we meet, whenever he actually has the kids.

I know what time, and he knows what time, and it is written.

So it is written, so it is said.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:01 PM

Dennis! Where are you? I drank a whole whole bunch of coffee this weekend in your honor.

My big cup this morning, then 16 oz mid day, and 24 waiting for the kids...

I am not even bouncing off the walls either...

Did I say i wasn't bounucing off the walls?

LOL

Old 01-27-2008, 11:09 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,445 times
I know you won't let him think you are dirt, that's bull! You are an awesome mom and you know it...stand tall, stand strong, and continue being who you are.

xoxo holly

Old 01-28-2008, 01:30 AM

672 posts, read 2,125,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Dennis! Where are you? I drank a whole whole bunch of coffee this weekend in your honor.

My big cup this morning, then 16 oz mid day, and 24 waiting for the kids...

I am not even bouncing off the walls either...

Did I say i wasn't bounucing off the walls?

LOL

Hello Cinderoybn
I'm glad you thought about me, and my caffiene addiction! Sunday, I had to defend our women here in MO. who have three nose holes. You know how it is. SOMEBODY has to do it! I had to sleep some in the afternoon though. I am at work right now, and drinking coffee, typing away, looking over my shoulder, that sort of thing. Tonight is a short night for me. Only eight hours. Tomorrow night I go back to 7pm to 7am. That is going to be my shift for the next few weeks. I read about your having to wait to pick up your children. Sorry to hear about that. All I'm gonna say right now is that I thought of some names for him that wouldn't sound too pleasant if spoken out loud! Well, I better get back on a company related site, but you have a great day today! Drink some coffee, and enjoy work as much as is possible!! I will re-visit all these sites at home this morning. Take care!

Old 01-28-2008, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
I know you won't let him think you are dirt, that's bull! You are an awesome mom and you know it...stand tall, stand strong, and continue being who you are.

xoxo holly
Thank you holly!

You know what? That is bull, I knew it, and he knew it as he stood there looking at me like that. I asked him a question about Ls coat, and he just looked at me, ignoring me, and walked off.

I laughed. I thought it was funny for him to do that. A grown man, an adult. behaving as though a child. But thats ok. It is not my behavior, it is his.

He can have it, he can keep it... his to own.

Me.. never again his to own. Me... I am my own.

Unfortunatly, the things we do infront of our children shine through to them, and as bad as it is for my kids as it happens... they see.. they know.

Thank you holly for coming to see me!

Old 01-28-2008, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis58 View Post
Hello Cinderoybn
I'm glad you thought about me, and my caffiene addiction! Sunday, I had to defend our women here in MO. who have three nose holes. You know how it is. SOMEBODY has to do it! I had to sleep some in the afternoon though. I am at work right now, and drinking coffee, typing away, looking over my shoulder, that sort of thing. Tonight is a short night for me. Only eight hours. Tomorrow night I go back to 7pm to 7am. That is going to be my shift for the next few weeks. I read about your having to wait to pick up your children. Sorry to hear about that. All I'm gonna say right now is that I thought of some names for him that wouldn't sound too pleasant if spoken out loud! Well, I better get back on a company related site, but you have a great day today! Drink some coffee, and enjoy work as much as is possible!! I will re-visit all these sites at home this morning. Take care!
Thanks Dennis... I know you have to defend their honor, and you have done it so very well... I am proud of you! LOL

Some names... you know, sometimes I think like that, but then I think... not even worth my time, or my energy, and I go about my merry way.

Sometimes. lol

Old 01-28-2008, 05:08 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Shackles is on the way to the track of freedom. I have to pass right by it to get there. As I drove along the road I called my friend, my old next door neighbor.

Today I pay it forward.

She screamed in the phone crying, her words hardly audible. Can I come see you I ask her. No, I will be ok, I have to go to work.

"Get the hell out you SOB!"

I could hear what she was screaming about now. I said I am going to stop by, for if nothing but to give you a hug.

No Miss Robyn, don't come all the way out here, I'll be ok. No. I am right down the street at the stop light. I am hanging up now.

I turned into her drive, only a quick glance to my old life, at shackles.

I got out of my car and went to her carport, her husband slamming out the door, she in the house screaming.

A million steps forward, a million back.

A feeling of guilt overwhelmed me. I have come so far, and she has gone backward. So far back.

When she was getting ready to marry him I had so wished she wouldn't. this was a choice she had made, thinking that if they were married, she may get her younger daughter back. She didn't.

My heart screamed out for her, cried for her. I held her in my arms as she sobbed uncontrollably. She just could not stop. I have been there. Not in her situation, but in a sense, a little.

I felt like I had to be strong for her, but for one tear which did escape.

I held her as tight as I could and rubbed her back, Kissed the side of her head.

We went and sat in the living room. I don't know what I am going to do, she says to me.

I have given my two months notice and it is coming up soon. I am supposed to go live at my sisters house, but now I can't.

There is more detail to that, that I will not go into here.

He has been nothing but no good.

I let her release her heart and soul to me. Her hurt and her pain... her turmoil.

As you all have let me do here, I sat there with her and let her do there.

I had not planned on this pitstop today, but after hearing her, there was no way I would not go there.

We sat there for about 2 hours, talking, letting her just say everything she had to say, just get it all out. Cry, scream, yell... talk.

Boy do I remeber the what am I going to do.

She said Miss Robyn, why did this have to happen like this.

I told her we can't go back, only forward in life. We cannot change what has happened in our past, just make it right for the present, so that our future would be protected.

She says I should have married this other one. We just can't go back.

She wants to get this marriage annulled, and she says she knows she will not get her younger daughter back.

She is going to start school soon, my friend, and right now she works two jobs, so that she may afford child support.

In all hopes that she has, she wants this man to be gone from her life, understanding that she will not have her little girl, but by the time she is done with school in 2 years, she is hopeful to have her feet on the ground, and to have made her life better.

She prays that her younger daughter will not have been so easily swayed as her older daughter has been.

She hopes that her daughter will still want to live with her in two years when she is thirteen, and can make that choice known before the courts.

She was taken from her last July, and she sees her on some weekends and on one weekday.

Her court dates keep being moved out. She has spent so much on attorney fees. Money she does not have.

All I could do was be there for her. I could not offer her a place, I could not offer her money. I could only offer up myself to her.

"Go" from Hansen just got done playing... thank you for the person who introduced that song to me.

Thats what I did.. GO, from my old life.

In all of you allowing my thread here, contributing, I think that we may help so many... continuously. I hope that rings true for everyone here, as you have all helped me, and for just one person reading to know there is a way....

Well said Robyn. I feel sad for your friend. It was very nice of you to step in and comfort her; I'm sure it helped her to cope with the tragic happenings in her life.

It's such a joy to see you so strong and full of life. A short time, but such a long journey you have made my good friend.

God Bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships