Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2015, 09:41 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've lived in So Cal my whole life, same with Mrs. Chow and today we explored an area that we've never been to, it's only about 15 miles or so from the house, it's a peninsula along the coast called "Palos Verde" its a large peninsula that is also a large hill.

We drove along the coastline and snapped some great pics, visited a little museum and lighthouse as well as a landmark that has a huge bell that was a gift to us from the Korean people, in honor to help us celebrate bicentennial in 1976.

Either I or Mrs. Chow will post some pics in a bit.

Here is an aerial shot of the area I'm talking about, we live just on the eastern side of the hill.... I for some reason can't figure out why I've never explored the western side before... LOL.....

Palos Verdes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Korean Bell of Friendship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cool!

I'm looking at it on good maps, and I swear there's a couple foundations for WW2 gun emplacements around the friendship bell.

....which, I guess makes sense with the port right there.

Quote:
Yeah... we took the day off from work, I've got a few extra vaca days this yr from being with my company 10 yrs...... so what the heck, why not go drive around a check out some areas......

I'm getting ready to start one of the worst projects in my career... I figure a couple of days off would be good.

I hope after this nightmare is over I'll take a couple off then too.......

I just came off of a nightmare project that was 88 miles from the house, at least this nightmare is only 3.5 miles from the house......

Yikes. How long is that supposed to last??

Old 03-20-2015, 09:43 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
My Mother sent me a link for a home and it is very cute so I may be doing a wee bit of travel this weekend with Walter.
Mr. CSD is gone.

By the way, Mr. CSD's surgery for Thursday, March 26, has been cancelled and we will reschedule at some point in the next couple months.
Walter can be you're co-pilot.

Hopefully surgery, when it happens, goes smooth and well.

Hopefully the house shopping goes well too.

I'm always looking online and fantasize about getting the hell out of the insanely crowded So Cal area......

I'd love to go someplace where the population's is a fraction of what it is here... don't get me wrong, So Cal has some incredible things going on for it...

Just nothing that I'm all that interested in.....

Old 03-20-2015, 09:43 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Hi Mags,

Night Mags...LOL

I'm going to go play a couple rounds of mind numbing games then go wander the timbers of slumber.

Restful sleep and peaceful dreams to everyone when it comes time for you to wander your timbers of slumber.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:44 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Nightmares. The euphemism for projects.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:52 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Cool!

I'm looking at it on good maps, and I swear there's a couple foundations for WW2 gun emplacements around the friendship bell.

....which, I guess makes sense with the port right there.

Yikes. How long is that supposed to last??
Yeah, behind the bell is remnants of buildings that were clearly military in nature and I'm sure that the whole area was probably loaded up with artillery during the 40's....

The project on paper should be about 2 maybe 3 months tops.... but this last project that I was one was so poorly ran and had so many problems and the cost overruns were incredible.

We actually spent more money on it than we sold the project for... probably a first I've ever seen in my career.

They always ***** that we're "losing money" on a given project that just means that our margin is less than we want it to be, but we actually lost our shorts on that one... thankfully it's only one of several that we have going on.

The project went on off and on for over 2 yrs and it shouldn't have... millions of reasons, but I don't want to bore the forum any more that I already have.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Hi Mags,

Night Mags...LOL

I'm going to go play a couple rounds of mind numbing games then go wander the timbers of slumber.

Restful sleep and peaceful dreams to everyone when it comes time for you to wander your timbers of slumber.
Hi!

Bye! lol! Sweet dreams

Quote:
Yeah, behind the bell is remnants of buildings that were clearly military in nature and I'm sure that the whole area was probably loaded up with artillery during the 40's....
Thought so. Thanks!

Quote:
The project on paper should be about 2 maybe 3 months tops.... but this last project that I was one was so poorly ran and had so many problems and the cost overruns were incredible.

We actually spent more money on it than we sold the project for... probably a first I've ever seen in my career.

They always ***** that we're "losing money" on a given project that just means that our margin is less than we want it to be, but we actually lost our shorts on that one... thankfully it's only one of several that we have going on.

The project went on off and on for over 2 yrs and it shouldn't have... millions of reasons, but I don't want to bore the forum any more that I already have.
Okay, thanks.

No, seriously, the place I work at is like that too. Sometimes I wonder how it's still around.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:22 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Okay, here are just a couple. It was kind of hazy today, so all the pics look kind of washed out. The sign was pretty funny.
Attached Thumbnails
Chat Thread #29-090.jpg   Chat Thread #29-091.jpg   Chat Thread #29-096.jpg  

Old 03-20-2015, 10:37 PM

Beautiful.

And....LOL @ the sign. lol

Old 03-20-2015, 10:52 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Nightmares. The euphemism for projects.
It is in this household. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Hi!

Bye! lol! Sweet dreams

Thought so. Thanks!

Okay, thanks.

No, seriously, the place I work at is like that too. Sometimes I wonder how it's still around.
That's what I always say to Chow! "How do you guys stay in business?" lol

Old 03-20-2015, 11:07 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
lovely photos Sea! Looks like a beautiful area

I'd love to take a month off and drive through California. Of course, everything being back to front would make that an interesting experience, in itself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships