Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2014, 10:14 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
That's what she said.

I was one of the fortunate ones. I had a friend from high school who lost her battle with cancer this week.

Any more, I am healthy
You're a young man with a whole life ahead of you..........

It's easy to get lost in the muck... but at the end of the day that's what it is....you have a lot sitting in your court...

Enjoy it...

Old 10-12-2014, 06:15 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Hurricane makes landfall with 130 mph winds around the epicenter. Updates and images in the link below .

http://www.thehindu.com/news/live-cy...cle6493368.ece

My grandparents will escape brunt of the storm. Thank god.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 10-12-2014 at 06:24 AM..

Old 10-12-2014, 06:16 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Adi, that is great news and I know you and your parents are relieved.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:40 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,782 times
Quote:
I deal with more than fire apparatus.
SD carries a big hose.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:46 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Watching the lottery drawings, talk about anti-climatic.
It was over in the time it took to type that sentence.
Quote:
That's what she said.
Beat me to it!

WF, did you play the lottery?

Quote:
I was one of the fortunate ones. I had a friend from high school who lost her battle with cancer this week.

Any more, I am healthy
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. That sucks.
My son has a friend that is going through chemo right now for non-Hodgkins lymphoma. He has an aggressive form but he's hanging in there as best he can. This child NEEDS to beat this. He lost his father when he was a baby, so it's just him and his mom...they have been through enough in this lifetime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Hurricane makes landfall with 130 mph winds around the epicenter. Updates and images in the link below .

Live: Cyclone Hudhud makes landfall - The Hindu

So glad they won't be in the thick of it! I'm sure that's a huge relief for your family.

We are going pumpkin picking today...well, kind of. We are heading to the Farmer's Market. They usually have a great selection of fall pumpkins and gourds. Last year I got mums from them for $10 that were ENORMOUS! I put them on my front steps and you could barely pass through they took up so much space! lol

Old 10-12-2014, 09:35 AM

Hello everyone, I'm glad to see some of you are up and about already. I finally got some actual rest, not very long but still rest instead of just sleep.
The last two days the gal that helps me and I have been moving furniture and we finished yesterday. The house looks great (well except for the extra bedroom where everything that did not belong in others rooms is now located, haha).
Anyway, we moved the office/front porch around and I love it, it is the best configuration yet, we also moved the dining room a bit and took a couple pieces out and put a couple smaller pieces in and it is going to be better now as well.
I actually have curtains up on the kitchen windows now and later today I will have the other curtain for the extra bedroom done and the other two curtains for the dining room, then I only have two more curtains for the living room and all of the curtains for the house proper will be done and up.
Then I am going to start working on curtains for the office/porch, just the top half of the windows though, I still want to be able to have as much natural light as possible out here.
I also got the dishes done and one load of laundry is sitting by the basement door waiting to be taken down and started.

I am already tired again.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:38 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Beat me to it!

WF, did you play the lottery?
Company policy says I can't play. I just happened to be watching the channel the draw comes on. No fanfare or nothing. Maybe it's more exciting if you're holding a ticket.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:08 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
That's what she said.

Any more, I am healthy

Sorry to hear that, SD. When I was in high school I lost my best friend to cancer. I think we were only in grade 10, but he was my friend literally my entire life. My Mom has a picture of us at my 1st birthday party......and when I say 1st b-day party, I mean when I turned 1.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:26 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Sorry to hear that, SD. When I was in high school I lost my best friend to cancer. I think we were only in grade 10, but he was my friend literally my entire life. My Mom has a picture of us at my 1st birthday party......and when I say 1st b-day party, I mean when I turned 1.
She was a couple years ahead of me in school. My freshman year she asked me to homecoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post

Live: Cyclone Hudhud makes landfall - The Hindu

That is a huge relief.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:14 AM

I just fixed the most delicious breakfast.
I fixed milk gravy and added browned hamburger to it
big fluffy biscuits
scrambled eggs
and shredded cheese

Then I cut a biscuit open, put the gravy on it, put the scrambled egg on it, top it with the shredded cheese and stuck it in the microwave for 15 seconds to melt the cheese a wee bit.

Now I am full of food, full of carbohydrates and have to go take a nap.....LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships