Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2014, 04:27 PM

52,011 posts, read 52,457,444 times

Advertisements

LOl.... lets get this ****er back to the pervy talk... that or cars or whatever...

Old 10-12-2014, 04:29 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,682,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
So, Lady Beagle, you mentioned a "Tiny House"? Really? Do you have photos? Did you purchase already built or build your own?
How much did you have to downsize? Does it have wheels? Do you have a washer and dryer? Is your bedroom in the loft?

Details, Lady, details, I want them all.........Please.
Cramped two bedroom with tiny bedrooms. It has a poor layout. Cold in the winter, stuffy in the summer. All on a single level, mostly. It has a laundry room.

We have a 5th wheel camper that has a better layout. I'd be okay with living in something that, someday.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:29 PM

19,263 posts, read 15,146,341 times
Quote:
Our Walter is "The Mooch Pooch, Walter Pepper or The Big Dog" and the girls are

Baby Girl or Wee Cai for Wee Cailleach, which means "Little Witch" in Gaelic

Little Girl or Snoozy Suze for Snoozy Suze Quze

Our girl that died several years ago, another black cat, her name was Smudge but we usually called her Smudgers or
Satan's Spawn.
Quote:
Bittersweet memories are those small parts of living and loving that make it all worth it whether it is of beloved humans or fuzzy critters or annoying birds who bust the dogs chops all the time...LOL
Lol!!

Old 10-12-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOl.... lets get this ****er back to the pervy talk... that or cars or whatever...
You started by making it all moist.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:33 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,103,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Cramped two bedroom with tiny bedrooms. It has a poor layout. Cold in the winter, stuffy in the summer. All on a single level, mostly. It has a laundry room.

We have a 5th wheel camper that has a better layout. I'd be okay with living in something that, someday.
We have a motor home but it has twin beds and we don't want twin beds all the time, otherwise we would already be living in it full time.
We have it for sale but will not purchase a different one until it is sold, except all of that has been put on hold since Mr. CSD broke his arm and has 2 more surgeries coming up.

We may also have either a buyer for one of the trucks or a driver or both in the same guy.
He may drive for us until spring then do a lease purchase after that.
Either way I'm good with it and we hope to get the deal done before the end of this month, just in time for the next surgery.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:33 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,542,944 times
I feel like we need a group hug or something. It doesn't matter if it's your first and only pet or if you've been through it numerous times before. It sucks, but all of our friends are worth remembering.

CSD, it's not a real "tiny house," it's just a very small, old house that we hoped to be out of by now, but job issues popped up. Throw in two people and their pets and household belongings, and it's quite cramped. LOL

Old 10-12-2014, 04:35 PM

11,223 posts, read 16,387,154 times
Sorry folks, I type slow. Last sad pet story. lol

With the dog I grew up with, Scout, she was awesome. A Black Lab/Bouvier mix.

She was very old when we put her down. She had had a stroke in the middle of the night, and she couldn't hold herself up to go to pee or anything. So, the night before we put her down, I laid with her in the back hall where she slept and talked to her. Not big in to religion, but I put an old rosary around her neck, and said a prayer or three with her.
I had to work that morning, and I certainly couldn't bear bringing her to the vet. I also had to bring my car to the shop, so I told my mom to have her gone before I got home. I had already said my good byes.

So that afternoon, I bring my car to the shop, which....oddly enough was across the street and just slightly down the road from the vet. It was an incredibly gorgeous day, hardly a cloud in the sky. At about 3:30, clouds rolled in and it started to poor, and I'm talking some heavy ****. Then, about 3 minutes later, the clouds rolled out and it was beautiful again.

I get home, dreading the fact that my girl wasn't going to be greeting me at the door. I go inside, look on my bed and there sits her collar. I simply broke the **** down. Balled like a baby.

Under her collar was her "death certificate". She was put down at 3:31.

Quote:
We have a motor home but it has twin beds and we don't want twin beds all the time, otherwise we would already be living in it full time.
We have it for sale but will not purchase a different one until it is sold, except all of that has been put on hold since Mr. CSD broke his arm and has 2 more surgeries coming up.

We may also have either a buyer for one of the trucks or a driver or both in the same guy.
He may drive for us until spring then do a lease purchase after that.
Either way I'm good with it and we hope to get the deal done before the end of this month, just in time for the next surgery.
Good news!

19,263 posts, read 15,146,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
You started by making it all moist.
So, it's agreed, we're starting with the perve talk first... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
I feel like we need a group hug or something. It doesn't matter if it's your first and only pet or if you've been through it numerous times before. It sucks, but all of our friends are worth remembering.

CSD, it's not a real "tiny house," it's just a very small, old house that we hoped to be out of by now, but job issues popped up. Throw in two people and their pets and household belongings, and it's quite cramped. LOL
Lol, could we?

Old 10-12-2014, 04:36 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,103,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post

We spent almost 2 years in a 21 foot travel trailer in the worst blizzard in Iowa in 120 years and the worst tornado season in Iowa in 100 years. Flattened several smaller towns about 2 miles from where we were parked, I slept through it all.......LOL

We had Smudge and Walter, Smudge was 16 pounds worth of bad attitude and Walter is 70 pounds of mush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.