Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2014, 10:39 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times

Advertisements

Okay Mags, back to my story

I was on my own, very little money, thankfully no debt but still just barely squeaking by with rent, utilities, etc.
So there is a movie on sale at Walmart that is one of my all time cheesy favorites and I decide I am going to purchase said movie for $5.00.
I was excited, bought the movie, had to go to work the next day so didn't think much about it after I got it home.

The weekend comes along and I'm excited, I can sit down and watch the movie I bought so I go and I get my movie, I unwrap it, take it out of the package then it dawns on me I do not have a DVD Player....um.......DUH

Old 10-26-2014, 10:41 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,111,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Apple is where it's at. I've gone all apple except for the windows laptop/tablet convertible machine I have. The onky reason I bought that was the price was right.
.. I have a mac, ipad, mini, iphone.... and a windows machine so I can build/test servers etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
It's a whole

Witch's and brooms, Wolf's and Full Moon's too
What do you see when you watch the man in the moon
watch me watch him watch you watch him watch me
Cauldron's are full, stars are bright, where will you be howling this night
The spirits are gathered at the graveyard's edge, lurking and looking to see if you are on the ledge
Unicorn's do fly in the light of the Full Moon picking up the Gargoyles who need to be home soon
Warlock's wander the timbers as well, looking for fresh eye of newt so they can cast that spell
Spirit guides will show themselves but only if you demand it through the Elves
Seek and find a Witch's favorite game especially when they catch the Wolf by it's mane
What do you fear when the Moon Rises Full, if it's all Hallow's Eve it's only the neighbor's little Ghoul...

CSD610 ~~ October 26, 2014
Ohh I love this!

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
I can't get into poetry. Writing and essays are more my speed.

You have a sick sense of humor, much like me... you'd really love Charles Bukoswki's "Love is a dog from hell" poems...... great writing and it appeals to the working man... simple, basic.. and clever as hell writing... if you ever get a chance look him up...you won't be disappointed.... trust me on this and I never really recommend reading to people......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've started to dabble in the prose/poetry... mine is dark and simple and somewhat skeletal and basic...... insert sex joke here.....

I'll dig it up and post it........
Quote:

When the words pop in my brain they have to be written no matter where I am or what I am doing.

I wrote one poem many years ago on toilet paper in the bathroom stall of a restaurant in Shreveport Louisiana that didn't even have prices on the menu. If you had to ask how much it was you could not afford to walk through the door.
I was wearing a very formal evening gown, had my hair done, make up (just a touch), nails painted, stilettos, etc and was writing a poem sitting there while going pp.

Pretty classy huh?

Old 10-26-2014, 10:49 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
I was having a bad day and was feeling overwhelmed and I was having a heated convo with Mrs. Chow and during it I muttered something along the lines of below..... she was with me... she knew what I meant and while it sounds unpolished... it was from the heart and wasn't scripted.... I said this in a bit of anxiety and depression I was feeling at the moment.

"I'm drowning in a pool of water.

She can't save me because she's in the water too."

It felt real at the moment............

Old 10-26-2014, 10:56 PM

Artemis,

I just read it to Mr. CSD and he loves it as well.

Thank you for your kind words, very much appreciated.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:57 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Okay Mags, back to my story

I was on my own, very little money, thankfully no debt but still just barely squeaking by with rent, utilities, etc.
So there is a movie on sale at Walmart that is one of my all time cheesy favorites and I decide I am going to purchase said movie for $5.00.
I was excited, bought the movie, had to go to work the next day so didn't think much about it after I got it home.

The weekend comes along and I'm excited, I can sit down and watch the movie I bought so I go and I get my movie, I unwrap it, take it out of the package then it dawns on me I do not have a DVD Player....um.......DUH

LMAO!!!

Old 10-26-2014, 11:19 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,202 times
Quote:
"I love Shakespeare. Favorite subject in school, still read Shakespeare today. But people complain that it’s impractical to learn so much about Shakespeare, but let me learn you something: If it wasn’;t for William Shakespeare, I would have totally overreacted when my fiance killed herself!
Now if you didn’t laugh at that one, I understand. I’m not for everybody, but you should probably read more."Anthony Jeselnik (stand-up comedian)

Old 10-26-2014, 11:52 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
"I love Shakespeare. Favorite subject in school, still read Shakespeare today. But people complain that it’s impractical to learn so much about Shakespeare, but let me learn you something: If it wasn’;t for William Shakespeare, I would have totally overreacted when my fiance killed herself!
Now if you didn’t laugh at that one, I understand. I’m not for everybody, but you should probably read more."Anthony Jeselnik (stand-up comedian)
Lol, jeez...

Old 10-27-2014, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
LMAO!!!
I knew you would enjoy that little story however, that was only round one.

Round two goes like this:

Since I am barely squeaking by I start saving what little I can each and a few months go by and I finally have saved enough to purchase a DVD player.
So I go and I actually found one on sale and I make this purchase and have about $10.00 leftover from what I had saved.
Again, I don't watch much television or movies so no big hurry on my part to get the thing hooked up, had to work, other things going on etc.

Several months later I remember I have the movie and the DVD player so I go and get both out of the closet, get the DVD player taken out of the box, read the directions and then as I am going to put the DVD player with the television I remember that I don't actually own a television...

No movie for me that weekend either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships