Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2014, 04:40 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
It's cloudy, spitting, and 40 degrees here. I don't think the kiddies 'round here are having too much fun. lol
I guess they get some hard ass life lesson right now.....

LOL...j/k.....

Old 10-31-2014, 05:05 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
It's always like this on Halloween. Even when I was a kid.

You just power through it. lol

Old 10-31-2014, 05:10 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
It's always like this on Halloween. Even when I was a kid.

You just power through it. lol
Oh, good you edited that. I thought you meant life is always like this, you just power through it. Which is still true, lol...

Old 10-31-2014, 05:13 PM

^^ Indeed.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:39 PM

I think in the relationships sub forum what I've noticed is that a lot of arguments or issues that posters have between each other seem to at the core stem from generational differences... it's not always obvious, but most of them sort of can be traced back to that... sometimes is obvious as hell... the ones where the young dudes don't think that they should have to pursue women or pay for dates or do the "gentleman" stuff... that one is clearly obvious but there are many others that aren't' but still can be tied to or traced back to that.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:44 PM

Every time I read the crap that those boys type, I'm so thankful my mamma raised me right. lol

Old 10-31-2014, 05:52 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think in the relationships sub forum what I've noticed is that a lot of arguments or issues that posters have between each other seem to at the core stem from generational differences... it's not always obvious, but most of them sort of can be traced back to that... sometimes is obvious as hell... the ones where the young dudes don't think that they should have to pursue women or pay for dates or do the "gentleman" stuff... that one is clearly obvious but there are many others that aren't' but still can be tied to or traced back to that.
Having a hurtful mother changes the way less resilient men perceive the world of women, its a true story . I'm grateful for having a mom who raised me right. As the theory of evolution predicts, some will strive forward while others get left back and perish. Nobody wants to be left behind in competition, but it happens and people just like other animals react in anguish.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Every time I read the crap that those boys type, I'm so thankful my mamma raised me right. lol
I agree... but in all fairness, I think that really young men are sort of given mixed messages.... not agreeing with them, but trying to be objective.

They are blasted with girl power imagery, equal rights, etc etc.... women are equal to men...etc etc... I think that somehow subconsciously crosses over to all aspects of how they view women... a little too much logic if that makes any sense.

We're animals.

In the animal world the males usually have to "fight" to mate.... etc etc etc.... that same approach applies to the human male... even though we try to intellectualize it away... it's still there..

Women still don't have to chase like men... and I don't care if it doesn't sound PC it's the truth as far as I'm concerned.

It's all around you. You go to a bar and watch... all the men that sit on the sidelines and wait for women to approach them are gonna be waiting cause the other men will do more of the chasing than women will so if these young men want to not do that just cause theoretically since women are equal and all....

Well.... they're gonna be in for a rude surprise, cause women don't have to chase nearly as much as men.

I say this from the perspective of not being a player and a woman chaser... but biology is biology.. just cause we say it should be another way doesn't make it so... much to Captain Picard's chagrin.....

Last edited by Chowhound; 10-31-2014 at 06:03 PM..

Old 10-31-2014, 05:55 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree... but in all fairness, I think that really young men are sort of given mixed messages.... not agreeing with them, but trying to be objective.

They are blasted with girl power imagery, equal rights, etc etc.... women are equal to men...etc etc... I think that somehow subconsciously crosses over to all aspects of how they view women... a little too much logic if that makes any sense.

We're animals.

In the animal world the males usually have to "fight" to mate.... etc etc etc.... that same approach applies to the human male... even though we try to intellectualize it away... it's still there..

Women still don't have to chase like men... and I don't care if it doesn't sound PC it's the truth as far as I'm concerned.

It's all around you. You go to a bar and watch... all the men that sit on the sidelines and wait for women to approach them are gonna be waiting cause the other men will do more of the chasing than women will so if these young men want to not do that just cause theoretically since women are equal and all....

Well.... they're gonna be in for a rude surprise, cause women don't have to chase nearly as much as men.

I say this from the prospective of not being a player and a woman chaser... but biology is biology.. just cause we say it should be another way doesn't make it so... much to Captain Picard's chagrin.....
So true, my previous post summarizes this. I'm seriously waiting for a day when non creepy women interested in relationships start hitting on men. I'm not the best person at approaches, and would like a mate who could teach me how to make a good 1st impression along the way. I SUCK at that, lol. Just look at my glaringly stalker like post # 2 on this thread, and there is your judgement .

Old 10-31-2014, 05:58 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
All this activity here and I am sitting in the parking lot of a mcdonalds freezing and waiting for the parade to start
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships