Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2014, 04:46 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Ugh, way too many sex threads on this forum today . I'm kinda getting upset that people still fail to look beyond that a relationship.

Sex is just one ingredient used as flavoring. There is so much more about you and him/her which are more essential ingredients required to complete the dish. That is my $0.02, but no matter how many times I say this, many just don't understand my point.

The prevalent mentality is "He's too young, and will change views over time". No I wont, stop assuming I will shift to that mindset. Its insulting, TBH .

Adi, there are a lot of us who post here that already know what you stated and we agree with you.
Your point is actually understood by those who you think don't understand it is just something they do not want to acknowledge is true and they don't even want to acknowledge the possibility that it even could be true.

I know how frustrating it can be but once you click that little red X at the top and close the window all of this goes away and you step back into your real life knowing that you understand there is more to life, love, sharing and a relationship than sex. Honestly that is the only thing that matters in your life.

Old 11-12-2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
This week is dragggging.
I wish I could help you along but it's already tomorrow there today so I will never be able to catch you in time to make it better because it will all be over before I even get there.

*every time I see your name it reminds me of one of the rare television programs I actually like from when I was a child, The Wild Wild West*

Old 11-12-2014, 04:50 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,198,926 times
Seriously, sometimes I think if I'd be a good cat owner. I love petting cute little kitties and watching them grow . But pets are not allowed in any of the campus apartments, and most off campus residences .

CSD, can you describe how Walter grew up from the time he was a innocent little kitten, and how hard it was to take care of him.

Old 11-12-2014, 05:05 PM

OMGoodness, someone is complaining about a neighbor who has what appears to be a chronic cough.
In one of their responses they said "I'm not buying a cough isn't against a noise ordinance, noise is noise", unreal.

Old 11-12-2014, 05:09 PM

One of my roommates didn't move one of his things out of the walkway, and I hit my shins on a steel bar.

Old 11-12-2014, 05:09 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,352,243 times
Quote:
Ugh, way too many sex threads on this forum today . I'm kinda getting upset that people still fail to look beyond that a relationship.

Sex is just one ingredient used as flavoring. There is so much more about you and him/her which are more essential ingredients required to complete the dish. That is my $0.02, but no matter how many times I say this, many just don't understand my point.

The prevalent mentality is "He's too young, and will change views over time". No I wont, stop assuming I will shift to that mindset. Its insulting, TBH .
Sticking to your values is admirable, but you do have to understand that people know that you're coming from a position of never having been in a relationship or having had sex. So you can say all day long how you think you'd react to situations or how you think things should be, but the truth is you really don't know. This is a romantic relationships forum--people who've been there, done that don't want a lecture from someone whose experience is entirely theoretical..

Old 11-12-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Seriously, sometimes I think if I'd be a good cat owner. I love petting cute little kitties and watching them grow . But pets are not allowed in any of the campus apartments, and most off campus residences .

CSD, can you describe how Walter grew up from the time he was a innocent little kitten, and how hard it was to take care of him.

Walter is not a kitten he is the dog. Cailleach and Suze are the cats.

Cats are pretty easy to me since they are like new born babies all the time, they sleep a good 16 - 20 hours of the day. You have to litter train them or take them outside for their potties, keep fresh water available, a few string toys and stuffed mice so they get exercise, a window for them to look out of is always a plus for them, and we do a combination of dry food and wet pouches.
Cats can be tricky as well though because they hide their pain or illness if they have something and they will hide it until it is almost too late to have them medically treated and they can recover. They can easily get urinary tract infections if you do not tend to the litter box daily. They also need to have flea, tick and worm medication monthly because even indoor cats can get fleas and ticks from you bringing on in on your clothing from the outside.

They can be fun but quite annoying, if you are lucky they are natural mousers like Suze is, Cailleach wasn't but Suze taught her how to hunt and catch mice.
They can be cuddly and the next minute flip you off with their tail.
Some cats are downright mean and hate most of humanity but there are others that absolutely adore everything about you.
They are curious and will get into anything and sleep anywhere they want and they love to hide.

Old 11-12-2014, 05:14 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,624,498 times
Quote:

Walter is a canine who loves & protects his family & home...

Old 11-12-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Sticking to your values is admirable, but you do have to understand that people know that you're coming from a position of never having been in a relationship or having had sex. So you can say all day long how you think you'd react to situations or how you think things should be, but the truth is you really don't know. This is a romantic relationships forum--people who've been there, done that don't want a lecture from someone whose experience is entirely theoretical..
Well, there is no point getting practical when you have just not felt attraction at many levels for somebody. Admiring the whole picture takes lots of time, and setting aside time is my biggest roadblock to most things, especially when you don't have a career to be a reasonable provider.

Give me just 5 years, and I GUARANTEE YOU things will change. I just came out of mom's nest to a jungle far away, and want to stand my ground well as an individual before taking things next level. If I'm not comfortable with myself at a personal level, chances are I'll look freaky to women anyways. If I'm well composed and contended, things have a greater chance of ending well.

So all I can talk about is theory, because I'm not yet ready for it to happen practically. Thankfully, I've just joined a Hindu association at my university, and can talk with women in a more confident manner now.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 11-12-2014 at 06:18 PM..

Old 11-12-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Walter is a canine who loves & protects his family & home...

You are correct Hawk, he does secure that couch and two chairs quite well, they never move....LOL

How is our resident regal Hawk this eve?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.