Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2014, 06:09 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times

Advertisements

You know, I just do not think I could actually purchase and use a sewing machine named "The Tin Lizzie"...

Be back soon I have to brew a fresh cup of coffee and get more of the quilting done.
I should start teaching myself how to hand quilt, then I could sit here at my desk and quilt if I wanted to.
I may start that with a smaller block and see how it goes.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:09 AM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
An acre w/ house for 46K?????

Chow.......no interest in coming east, eh? Not with family out there, I suppose.
LOL... southwest for me baby!!!!!

Not bragging, but even in this ****ty economy we're sitting on about 110K or so of equity......... my goal is to sell our place in a couple of yrs and buy one of those 110k or so places somewhere else and keep working and blast the hell out of the 401k at work for a few yrs.

New Mexico is about as far east as I'll go... but of course my company now has offices in Texas... but I don't know if I could convince Mrs. Chow to go to Texas......

Old 11-22-2014, 06:16 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
Painting my dining room today. It's currently a fugly terracotta color (came with the house) and will become a warm golden brown.

Just need to get out of this warm bed. A snoring cat on me is not helping.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:20 AM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Painting my dining room today. It's currently a fugly terracotta color (came with the house) and will become a warm golden brown.

Our kitty used to love to lay on me... I don't know why, but that big sucker and I would lay together and the heat we'd generate would power some houses......

I miss him....

Old 11-22-2014, 06:23 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,062,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post

I have a question to leave you with though if you choose to ponder and/or answer:

What is your favorite non cussing cuss word?

Mine is Jack Off.
Freaktard. I say it all the time (except when I'm at work...have to be PC there)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Poking further will just lead me to reveal my bitter side. I'm warning you, don't let me do that.
*poke, poke*...Yeah, I'm that person. lol

Quote:
So what is on everyone's agenda today? Anything new and exciting?
We are going into town again, Mr. CSD needs to get a hair cut and his beard trimmed.
The gal that does this for him is the gal I am making the baby quilt for so I hope I have it
completed before we leave.
I have to clean out the master bed/bath so we can get to work on it! Currently I'm eating breakfast and having my coffee. My husband gets up much earlier than I do on weekends, so he's getting antsy...lol

Quote:
603 W 4th Ave, Hohenwald, TN 38462 is For Sale - Zillow

One of Mr. CSD's brothers is going to look at this one for us.
That would be a really fun kitchen to remodel!

Quote:

Haha...that was me this morning.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Our kitty used to love to lay on me... I don't know why, but that big sucker and I would lay together and the heat we'd generate would power some houses......

I miss him....
Awwwww

That's our Zach...he's a long-hair and he's so, so snuggly. He bed hops at night with my older boys. If they aren't home he cries at our door but eventually makes his way to my other son's room.

Our girl cat (Zoe) sleeps with our daughter.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:27 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,418,213 times
Quote:
I read the forums and see someone state that their "budget" for a house is $500,000.00 and I laugh out loud.

There is no way we will ever pay any amount remotely close to that for a home, if we pay close to $50,000.00 we are pushing the numbers I don't like.

I laugh at that too. Unreal. The ONLY way I would spend 500K, is on PROPERTY. Not the house.

Quote:
LOL... southwest for me baby!!!!!

Not bragging, but even in this ****ty economy we're sitting on about 110K or so of equity......... my goal is to sell our place in a couple of yrs and buy one of those 110k or so places somewhere else and keep working and blast the hell out of the 401k at work for a few yrs.

New Mexico is about as far east as I'll go... but of course my company now has offices in Texas... but I don't know if I could convince Mrs. Chow to go to Texas......

Sounds like a good plan!

Old 11-22-2014, 06:31 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,754,982 times
I don't want to get out of bed. I need to pack, take the bird to her grandparents. Last night I fell asleep in the chair, one of the pups suggled up and camped out.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I laugh at that too. Unreal. The ONLY way I would spend 500K, is on PROPERTY. Not the house.
I could not justify a mortgage for a house like that.

I need our payments to be something I could continue to pay if my husband found himself without a job, and a teacher's salary is not all that great in these parts.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:36 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,418,213 times
Quote:

That kept me in bed for an extra hour yesterday. One of the girls was on my chest, the other curled up next to my head.

Quote:

I miss him....

I sleep....well...go to sleep, on my side, one arm under the pillow. Well, my Bosco boy used cram him self right in that little nuk of my other arm. He would push his whole body in there, and totally cover my face with his back. It took me a LONG time getting used to sleeping without him.

It'll be a year on the 13th of December since he's been gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.