Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2014, 05:36 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagyarGuy View Post
Absolutely!

And here is some food for thought. If the roles were reversed, would everyone here be telling her to laugh it off? I doubt it. He would be shamed as being a two timing creep.
My opinion stands regardless of gender
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 05:37 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
Also are people naïve enough to think that no one in any bridal party has ever been with the bride or groom? Hell my best man dated my now wife. He actually set us up. According to some of you people this clearly means they are still doing it, and everyone is an a hole.
I set my ex up with a coworker because they seemed to have a lot in common. They dated for four years and bought a condo together. If they married I'm sure my husband and I would have been invited.

Old 09-02-2014, 05:39 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
I'm assuming that she invited him (If you did, you need to have your head examined). That she invited a former lover to the wedding is the ultimate red flag. She was not over him, and there is a high probability that she was unfaithful to you after you wed.
Wow. You seem very insecure, mistrustful and suspicious. Is this a Hungarian macho trait?
Nothing wrong with inviting an old lover to your wedding. People can still be friends. I'm still friends with many of my exes. Would I invite them to my wedding? Absolutely.

Old 09-02-2014, 05:41 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Absolutely!

And here is some food for thought. If the roles were reversed, would everyone here be telling her to laugh it off? I doubt it. He would be shamed as being a two timing creep.
Not me--my answer would not change. And I think several of the guys here would either be silent or support the man because they weren't explicitly exclusive and/or that it's natural for a guy to pursue multiple women.

Old 09-02-2014, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Wow. You seem very insecure, mistrustful and suspicious. Is this a Hungarian macho trait?
Nothing wrong with inviting an old lover to your wedding. People can still be friends. I'm still friends with many of my exes. Would I invite them to my wedding? Absolutely.
Nah, he just sounds like your average young guy who has never been married.

Old 09-02-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Friends with all my ex's and my husband has no problem being in a social setting with any of them

Old 09-02-2014, 05:49 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
Also are people naïve enough to think that no one in any bridal party has ever been with the bride or groom? Hell my best man dated my now wife. He actually set us up. According to some of you people this clearly means they are still doing it, and everyone is an a hole.
Me and my friends don't each others ex's, major man code violation. I don't know what kind of lowlifes some of you people associate with. And any women that would invite one of their ex's or somebody they used to sleep to her wedding does NOT respect her man. I would never go to a wedding of one of my ex's or invite one to my wedding.

Old 09-02-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
You couldn't be more wrong (though I wouldn't mind being an average young guy again). And as someone who has been around the block a few times I've seen all this crap before and am familiar with the patterns in my peers' failed marriages. And one pattern that I have seen over and over is that women who enjoy casual sex never stop liking it.
Do men who enjoy casual sex ever stop liking it?

Old 09-02-2014, 05:52 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,489,068 times
Pretty sure everyone enjoys casual sex.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Me and my friends don't each others ex's, major man code violation. I don't know what kind of lowlifes some of you people associate with. And any women that would invite one of their ex's or somebody they used to sleep to her wedding does NOT respect her man. I would never go to a wedding of one of my ex's or invite one to my wedding.
Lol! Some of us are more mature than others, I guess.
My friendship with my exes means much more than just the sex part. That's over.
I've stayed friends with some of them for decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships