Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 02:34 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,566,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Well, keep in mind that in the past ohio_peasant has advocated for arranged marriages and remaining in loveless relationships, so he's not coming from the same mindset as most of us.
Correct. And it's impossible to reason with know-it-alls anyway.

It's sad to think that because he writes like a human thesaurus,he might influence someone away from getting real help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 03:05 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,767,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
It's normal to be single for a long time like you have.

Girls know this, because we talk to each other. But sometimes guys don't know that what they are going through is normal -- because other guys lie about their success.

What kind of woman do you want to meet? And where does a woman like that hang out? And are you hanging out where she does?

The other really useful thing is counseling. Counseling is not for broken people. It is for healthy people who want to stay healthy. And it works wonders for your dating life.
I completely agree. Well, I agree with it being normal to be single for a long time and the counseling part. I don't know if a woman can tell you've been single a long time. The OP is in the PRIME of his life. If you have good social skills, you shouldn't have a problem. My situation is that I've been divorced for 5 years. Its harder now because I'm in my mid-forties and still want a family. I've also changed a lot of who I am and have a great job. The issues for me are 1. I live in a bad city now, and 2. I'm too reserved, quiet, shy, introverted, or whatever word you want to use to just walk up to a woman and start talking. So it will practically take a miracle for me. But therapy post divorce helped, as well as focusing on weaknesses I could somewhat change. In a different city, I'd probably do a lot better in spite of myself. Anyway, I have no doubt all you need to do is focus on being a better you and try to get out and go to more target rich environments as NilaJones suggests. I had my best dating life in my late 20's - early 30's.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:14 AM

1 posts, read 685 times
What do women beteween 24 and 35 want? Seems like they fish for the "bottom of the barrel" type(im not saying im perfect) but they want a decent guy that has a future. Im confused.

answer: because women at this age are in the transition stage. They want to be stable and yet they want enjoy their life. Why decent man because we want security and if women are going to enter into a serious relationship women want to be sure of the guy. If marriage come soon it is much more better if the man has a future.

For the people that have been single for a long time, how do you stop caring about being single and accept the fact that you might be alone the rest of your life?

answer: not actually stop caring about being a single, your age s not too old to think of being a single your whole life there a lot of things tat might happen don't be in a hurry. If it is really your time the right woman will come your way.

How do you stay positive if people around you are constantly sucking face(kissing, PDA,etc.) with the other gender?
answer: come to think that I am able to witness, well but sometime it makes one so jealous or envy, but I believe I have my time for that not for that moment. And when that time would come I am with the right man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships