Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2014, 10:43 AM

43 posts, read 45,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
Yeah...

24 is young.

You *general you* are still trying to find yourself. Still trying to find your place in the world. Still trying to find out what you want in a relationship.

How long were the two of you dating before deciding to become exclusive?
Since the beginning of june, on and off dating. we started seeing each other more frequently & that was that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 11:47 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
You are so in the wrong. But, I do not suggest that you apologize, because you really do not get it, so it wouldn't be honest. Let this guy go, you are not ready for a serious relationship, and he deserves someone who is.

Old 09-06-2014, 11:55 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
OP, your bf's 30 and you are a 24-yo sorority girl.
I think there's simply a mismatch in maturity levels.
Let him go.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:00 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
OP, your bf's 30 and you are a 24-yo sorority girl.
I think there's simply a mismatch in maturity levels.
Let him go.
Didn't notice the age difference. Good call.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:09 PM

58 posts, read 55,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasweet1992 View Post
I meant "that intimate" as in sex.

I thought it was absurd that person thought i had sex with my male friend when my boyfriend and i haven't even done it. it was a ridiculous comment.

He's still a bit mad but I don't think he wants to break up.
Why is that absurd? Happens all the time. Girl feigns being a "good girl" so the boyfriend invests in her, and get's her freak on on the side.

One too many threads across the internet about "my wife or girlfriend lied about her past or about what happened while we were dating."

Old 09-06-2014, 12:13 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,075,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
You are so in the wrong. But, I do not suggest that you apologize, because you really do not get it, so it wouldn't be honest. Let this guy go, you are not ready for a serious relationship, and he deserves someone who is.
There seems to be that period when women are in their early to mid 20's where they start to think they want a boyfriend, but don't really get that their 'single' behavior makes it look otherwise. For a guy going on 30 trying to date a 24 year old who's just figuring this out it could be frustrating. So I have to agree, they're better off not trying to force something when they're obviously not on the same page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasweet1992 View Post
I meant "that intimate" as in sex.

I thought it was absurd that person thought i had sex with my male friend when my boyfriend and i haven't even done it. it was a ridiculous comment.

He's still a bit mad but I don't think he wants to break up.
Oh lord. If he's 30 and dated a bit this would be a big red flag. The odds that an attractive 20-something is not sleeping with anyone is usually low, so if you're not sleeping with your boyfriend... well, um... he's probably aware of the odds.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarch View Post
There seems to be that period when women are in their early to mid 20's where they start to think they want a boyfriend, but don't really get that their 'single' behavior makes it look otherwise. For a guy going on 30 trying to date a 24 year old who's just figuring this out it could be frustrating. So I have to agree, they're better off not trying to force something when they're obviously not on the same page.
I'm not giving the boyfriend a pass here. You have to observe how a person acts / dresses before you commit to exclusivity. If you get into a relationship knowing this is how this person acts (all over members of the opposite sex, flirty, revealing dress) and then get butt hurt when they still act in the manner they have all their lives, that's on you.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:24 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,337 times
The BF gets my vote. He should go find someone less attention seeking that'll save him alot of dramas to come.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:35 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
The BF gets my vote. He should go find someone less attention seeking who will save him a lot of dramas to come.
Regarding the bolded part in pink...

Exactly what are the benefits of attention seeking behavior when it comes to being involved in a committed relationship? This goes for males and females. The OP seriously needs to think about this before getting involved in a committed relationship.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
Regarding the bolded part in pink...

Exactly what are the benefits of attention seeking behavior when it comes to being involved in a committed relationship? This goes for males and females. The OP seriously needs to think about this before getting involved in a committed relationship.
Some people need the attention to validate themselves as desirable. That's the "benefit." It is usually a sign of deep seated insecurity and low or falsely inflated self esteem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships