Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2014, 01:06 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,767,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson n Johnson View Post
Some people need the attention to validate themselves as desirable. That's the "benefit." It is usually a sign of deep seated insecurity and low or falsely inflated self esteem.
If this applies to the OP, then she should work on this before getting involved in any relationship.

Boundaries need to set regarding her attention seeking behavior.

If the OP can follow the boundaries, good.

If not, then she should not be involved in a relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 02:36 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,207,097 times
The OP would be my type at 19 years old. But in my late 20's, HELL NO

Old 09-06-2014, 03:38 PM

43 posts, read 45,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
The BF gets my vote. He should go find someone less attention seeking that'll save him alot of dramas to come.
I'm not "attention seeking" And we're not breaking up.

Old 09-06-2014, 03:46 PM

43 posts, read 45,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
If this applies to the OP, then she should work on this before getting involved in any relationship.

Boundaries need to set regarding her attention seeking behavior.

If the OP can follow the boundaries, good.

If not, then she should not be involved in a relationship.
I'm not attention seeking? what in the world...

I did nothing "for the attention". the photos were just me hanging out with friends. my shorts were just old coachella shorts I keep around for sentimental reasons. yes, they are falling apart but I'm not going to wear them anymore. I'm going to rip them and sew a patch into a t-shirt quilt.

i told my boyfriend i wouldn't do that stuff anymore. He doesn't believe I slept w/ anybody while i as out of town. He just felt disrespected and i apologized.

i actually AGREED w/ some of the stuff you said until you came out with this... I didn't "seek" anything.

Old 09-06-2014, 04:02 PM

102,177 posts, read 107,735,907 times
I don't get the "attention-seeking" thing, either. Was that about putting the photos up on FB? Everyone does that these days.

Stay in touch, OP. Let us know how things go, down the line.

Old 09-06-2014, 04:04 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,619,912 times
I read the first page and that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasweet1992 View Post
i told my boyfriend i wouldn't do that stuff anymore. He doesn't believe I slept w/ anybody while i as out of town. He just felt disrespected and i apologized.
This is pretty much what I would have advised you to do/say. I can see how posting that photo is just a mistake. I got really mad at an ex of mine who posted photos of himself and a female friend looking close, so I understand why the boyfriend was upset. Just make sure not to do it again.

Old 09-06-2014, 04:18 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,767,133 times
Quote:
I'm not attention seeking? what in the world...

I did nothing "for the attention". the photos were just me hanging out with friends. my shorts were just old coachella shorts I keep around for sentimental reasons. yes, they are falling apart but I'm not going to wear them anymore. I'm going to rip them and sew a patch into a t-shirt quilt.

i actually AGREED w/ some of the stuff you said until you came out with this... I didn't "seek" anything.
The first word in the reply of mine that you replied to is If.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:12 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,277,557 times
Quote:
I'm not "attention seeking" And we're not breaking up.
This really should be the end of the thread. Sounds like everything is resolved. I'm not sure why people want to continue to tell her she doesn't belong in a relationship. That's not really our call.

OP, hopefully you learned something through this. Also, for goodness sake, be careful what you post on Facebook!! You never know who can see that, and that stuff could haunt you.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:34 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,777,446 times
Quote:
He also said I don't know boundaries when it comes to my male friends in general and it concerns him.
He is right, I would be concerned as well

Old 09-06-2014, 05:38 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,777,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
Dump him. He is already starting to chip away at your self confidence by the comments on your outfit.
This is rubbish and should be ignored.

While to each his own regarding clothing he may have infact felt the dressing style is disrespectful, each person has their own viewpoint as to what is conservative and what is not. Perhaps the couple just has an incompatibility on this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships