Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 11:40 AM

52,202 posts, read 52,636,749 times

Advertisements

It's basic common courtesy for the thanks to go both ways.

People here are getting all stupid as typical CD fashion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 11:41 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,120,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
She doesn't need to thank me. I just think it shows class and good manners when people are polite and say please and thank you. This goes for all genders, all relationships (friendships, acquaintances, co-workers, spouses, etc.), all people.

Does she thank anyone? Waiter/waitress? bartender? taxi driver?

Old 09-06-2014, 11:45 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,442,533 times
If I went out with a woman on two dates and she never said thanks, there would not be a third date. Actually, if she didn't say thanks the first date there would not be a second. I think you can do much better OP, but the choice is yours. Sounds like you're being taken advantage of to me. And to these people saying he should be thanking HER for going out with him I just have to lol. So her time is more important than his? Give me a break.

Old 09-06-2014, 11:46 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,452 times
Yes you're overreacting, what's important is there's a mutual interest. If you like her and want her to continue to go on dates with you, why take standing on ceremony to heart? Maybe she was raised a different cultural background from you, if you can't get pass that then stop dating her.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:07 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna;
I guess a quick "thanks for the sandwich" or "thanks for the bottled water" wouldn't have gone amiss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
So she just showed up with unwashed hair, no makeup, in grubby jeans and a sweatshirt, smelling bad, so you couldn't even tell if she was a girl or a baby-faced boy?
ROFL! You guys are killing me this morning! lol

Old 09-06-2014, 12:12 PM

58 posts, read 55,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Getting a little emotional there, are you?

It often comes as a surprise to men how much women spend on dates, that they do not spend otherwise.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson n Johnson View Post
This is weird to me. In my extensive dating history, I have never thanked a woman for enjoying free drinks and food on my dime lol. And it has never been an issue.

"Hey, it's great to see you again" is about the extent I thank her for gracing me with her presence.
You have to go back pretty far in history to the time when gentlemen used to thank a lady for the pleasure of her company. idk, maybe back to 1910. A chaperone was usually involved, back then. I see no reason why mutual thanking wouldn't be appropriate, now. Think about it, OP; she didn't have to accept your invitation. Nor did you have to extend it to her, specifically. You both owe each other a thank you.

Her: "Hey, I had a great time, thanks!"

OP: "Yeah, me too! Maybe we could do this again sometime soon?"

Is that so hard?

Old 09-06-2014, 12:14 PM

58 posts, read 55,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You have to go back pretty far in history to the time when gentlemen used to thank a lady for the pleasure of her company. idk, maybe back to 1910. A chaperone was usually involved, back then. I see no reason why mutual thanking wouldn't be appropriate, now. Think about it, OP; she didn't have to accept your invitation. Nor did you have to extend it to her, specifically. You both owe each other a thank you.

Her: "Hey, I had a great time, thanks!"

OP: "Yeah, me too! Maybe we could do this again sometime soon?"

Is that so hard?
None of it is hard. And saying thank you for a free sandwich isn't hard either.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson n Johnson View Post
None of it is hard. And saying thank you for a free sandwich isn't hard either.
The "thanks for a great time" was supposed to cover the sandwich. Or is she supposed to list everything she's grateful for?

Old 09-06-2014, 12:29 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,929 times
In the part of the world where I live, all dates are dutch. I normally thank the waitstaff, and tell my date I had a great time (or that it was nice to meet them, if a dud date). I don't think I have ever had a date thank me, but I don't pay a lot of attention to keeping score like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships