Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 08:14 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,829,467 times

Advertisements

You are right, that is sick and malicious. Emotionally healthy people do not take joy in the pain of others. I hope you get some help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 08:53 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,356 times
I think you'll be all right delaying the sex for a little while. I'm 47 and I certainly hope I'll never have to enter the dating world ever again but if I did I don't think I'd be so quick to dismiss a woman for not having sex within 3 dates like the old days. Every man is probably different though, i imagine there's still several old horndogs that'll be "all hands" right off the bat, lol.

I think it'll be a challenge though as I know myself and my guy friends my age could take it or leave it when it comes to having a woman around. It's just not the important anymore. I'd say don't waste any potentially good opportunity if you do hit it off with someone. I think you'd be better off finding your dating prospects like the good old days of the 80's...face to face, in person.

Old 09-12-2014, 09:01 PM

316 posts, read 437,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
You are right, that is sick and malicious. Emotionally healthy people do not take joy in the pain of others. I hope you get some help.
These aren't people to me.

Old 09-13-2014, 02:39 AM

I guess telling yourself that makes it easier for you.

Last edited by Butterflyfish; 09-13-2014 at 03:45 AM..

Old 09-13-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I guess telling yourself that makes it easier for you.
Yeah, it does. Probably in the same way that you feel like you matter when you offer unsolicited personality critiques to strangers on the internet.

Old 09-13-2014, 11:19 PM

Valid point, sicksburgh. Although I was merely agreeing with what you wrote, I'm sorry.

Old 09-14-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Valid point, sicksburgh. Although I was merely agreeing with what you wrote, I'm sorry.
Do you really live in Polynesia?

Old 10-05-2014, 12:45 AM

111 posts, read 134,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Plenty of young widows walking around now. You know, on account of all those wars we've been fighting.
Just looked it up:
  • US casualties in & around Afghanistan to-date: 2234 (includes Uzbekistan & includes CIA)
  • US casualties in Iraq, 2003-2011: 4486
  • US casualties in the first Gulf War, 1990-91: 149 battle related deaths plus 145 in non-combat related deaths.

A smaller number than I would have thought. It is tough to guess how many left widows behind -- a quarter? half? three quarters? I really don't know.

Old 10-05-2014, 01:28 AM

111 posts, read 134,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum_Newbie View Post
... I was with my husband for 25 years. The last 5 of which were sexless...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
... Especially coming out of a sexless marriage (been there)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
... Sexless marriages are not that uncommon. My first marriage (of 27 years) was sexless for the last 12-13 years (she simply wasn't interested and refused)...

Really? Are there many sexless marriages (putting aside the gay-but-married-for-appearances issue)?

Old 10-06-2014, 03:11 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,600,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
When, in the dating process, someone chooses to have sex isn't an indicator of a low libido vs. high. The two don't correlate.
This is true.

Examples in my own life:

Girlfriend - College. Had sex after 6 months - I was *this* close to cutting my losses. After that we went at it like rabbits daily for a year.

Another Girlfriend - sex on second date. Was my only truly sexless relationship after that, it was like screwing a lawn chair, and she had about the same libido as a lawn chair, too. I can only guess she was trying the "lay him right now so you can have him forever" philosophy. We had sex maybe once every 4 weeks, she never tried anything new, admitted to no real desire for sex, something that other men I know who dated her were able to confirm.

Wife - married 15 years. Had sex on first "date" but wasn't totally a date. Never looked back. Sure, when the kids were little, we had dry spells, but it's been pretty good overall.

One thing I will say that made things difficult - if you only see your SO 2 or 3 times a week, and have sex whenever you see each other, it might "seem" as if they have a high drive, but you might find out once you see each other daily, that you now want it daily, but the 2-3 times/week you were having sex before was enough for the other person already. So, it's hard to judge true sexual compatibility, at least from a frequency perspective, until you are actually together more often than you want to have sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships