Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 05:49 AM

5 posts, read 4,969 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I have to first say that I am proud of myself for being honest with him but I don't understand why he ended it. I don't know if I would call it a relationship because after the 1st month he avoided me at all cost. Then while we were in school the girl he said was "like" his sister and him began leaving class early together every single day. After two months he contacted me and told me he was avoiding me because he liked me. We met up and spoke about things and he told me he would be transferred to another city. I told him lets see where things will go.

Again he did the same thing no contact for 2 months. He told me he wanted to see me so I took the day off from work, I waited for him but he never showed up. I sent him a series of e-mail asking him to end things so I can move on and have closure and he did. He said "I am not his girlfriend, he is not my boyfriend". I replied and said "Thank you".

Three weeks later he contacted me and told me he wanted to see me, I gave in and said Ok. He came over to my place and we spoke. He ask me if I told anyone about us I said no because I was scared and I wanted him to stick around. After he left I began to feel guilty so after not hearing from him I text him and confess:

1) I told my mom and a few friends about us.

2) I also thought he was dating the girl he said was like his sister. (The reason I told him this was because it's the truth, he told me I cannot touch him in public, but she can throw herself on him and he seems to enjoy it, also the fact they always spend time together everyday after work he would meet her up, meanwhile with me he would never have time to meet up with me or would never ask me hi-how are you or anything.

He responded and told me to never message him again and he is going to block my number. I did not respond. I am hurt because I don't think this was such a big deal. I had expected him to talk to me about it. Was I wrong to tell him that I told my mom and friends? Also I opened my heart and told him my fear and instead of him asking me why I felt this way he just up and left.

What did I do wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 05:52 AM

50,754 posts, read 36,458,112 times
I don't think he rejected you because you lied, it sounds like he rejected you a long time ago and you've refused to accept it. I hope you can let go now and try to move on to someone who wants what you want.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:01 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
It doesn't sound like he was actually ever interested.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:05 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
It doesn't sound like he was actually ever interested.
I agree.

Just let it go and learn to read signals.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:07 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,921 times
I'm sorry this guy isn't worth your time or energy. You deserve better. Any guy that wants you "not to tell anyone about us" and doesn't want to be seen in public with you has less than pure intentions. Move on and find a nice guy to spend time with.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:18 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
If someone avoids you at all costs and never says hello they basically have done all they can to say they don't like you. Actually that says they pretty much can't stand you.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:47 AM

22,585 posts, read 47,649,975 times
He never liked you in the first place.

Let him alone and move on.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:15 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,809,038 times
My 10 cent opinion, take it or leave it:

You were the side chick and his "sister" was his girlfriend.

He was trying to figure out how to keep his girl from knowing about you, while convincing you to have a "relationship" you wouldn't tell anyone about. Your "relationship" would have consisted of occasional sex and mysterious disappearances/breakups while shrouded in total secrecy. I bet money he panicked once you said what you said. That's why he cut you off.

He may be somewhere covering his ass by telling his girlfriend that this crazy girl (you) is stalking him.

Forget about him. He's a liar.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:54 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,342,412 times
From what you have described there never was a "relationship." It "ended" before it ever started. Lying had nothing to do with it.

Move on.

Old 09-02-2014, 12:02 PM

5 posts, read 4,969 times
@ocnjgirl - I agree with you because I believe that somehow his feelings changed for me. After he left me for 2 months I told him that he was wasting my time because he never called and he completely ignored me. His friend was more important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships