U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,269 times

Advertisements

I met a guy at a my summer job a few weeks ago: we are both 22 and we get along well but i'm stuck in a confusing situation.
So we work in the same service in that firm and spend a lot of time together every day, quite logically. He is gentle, a genuine guy, he walks me every evening to my bus stop, sometimes he even makes a detour and takes it with me to keep talking. He knows the area better than me so he also shows me around and we have lunch together very often. He's had flirty gestures (putting his hand on my lower back, when he hugs me goodbye he lingers a bit and has soft eyes, once or twice he even softly kissed my cheek), he compliments me sometimes and he seems caring (the other day he went ou without telling t to buy me coffee as i was tired) etc. We get along well, talk a lot, including about relationships, he never mentionned a girlfriend... but on Friday night as we were leaving work and walking as usual, i asked him what he was gonna do that evening. At first he said he was gonna meet with some friends, but after walking a few more minutes, he confessed to me that he actually had an appointment with his gf to dump her cause he he didn't love her anymore and he needed to have the honesty to do it. I was shocked, he never mentionned her. They've been together 2 years apparently. But still, before meeting her he spent 2 hours with me. But what should I think of that? Why did he delibarately not mention her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2014, 01:09 PM

12 posts, read 8,225 times
He has probably been looking for a reason to end his relationship.

That reason is now you.

Old 09-07-2014, 02:29 PM

16,797 posts, read 14,539,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraGill View Post
Why did he delibarately not mention her?
Do you really not know the answer to this question or are you being coy?

You both have a healthy streak of dishonesty so perhaps you will be perfect together.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:25 AM

12,337 posts, read 13,573,862 times
^^lol^^

Old 09-08-2014, 09:46 AM

32,460 posts, read 26,325,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraGill View Post
I met a guy at a my summer job a few weeks ago: we are both 22 and we get along well but i'm stuck in a confusing situation.
So we work in the same service in that firm and spend a lot of time together every day, quite logically. He is gentle, a genuine guy, he walks me every evening to my bus stop, sometimes he even makes a detour and takes it with me to keep talking. He knows the area better than me so he also shows me around and we have lunch together very often. He's had flirty gestures (putting his hand on my lower back, when he hugs me goodbye he lingers a bit and has soft eyes, once or twice he even softly kissed my cheek), he compliments me sometimes and he seems caring (the other day he went ou without telling t to buy me coffee as i was tired) etc. We get along well, talk a lot, including about relationships, he never mentionned a girlfriend... but on Friday night as we were leaving work and walking as usual, i asked him what he was gonna do that evening. At first he said he was gonna meet with some friends, but after walking a few more minutes, he confessed to me that he actually had an appointment with his gf to dump her cause he he didn't love her anymore and he needed to have the honesty to do it. I was shocked, he never mentionned her. They've been together 2 years apparently. But still, before meeting her he spent 2 hours with me. But what should I think of that? Why did he delibarately not mention her?
it sounds to me like this guy is into you. as to why he didnt tell you about a current girlfriend, perhaps he didnt want you to friend zone him right away, or he is trying to juggle two girls at the same time.

just take your time with him, and make sure you can trust him before getting in too deep.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:07 AM

4,294 posts, read 3,080,206 times
Once a player always a player. what I don't understand from you , just hang around with him and you did not ask him either if he has a girl friend? He might thought such an easy case to just get what he wants. Or might be he play with both of you at the same time. If he was a honest man he would tell you other wise he will play.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:50 AM

8,193 posts, read 22,327,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMM1989 View Post
He has probably been looking for a reason to end his relationship.

That reason is now you.
He could have also said it to see how she would react. If she didn't skip a beat, she was perhaps not interested. If she was surprised, maybe she was interested. I mean, he was conveniently on his way to break up with his "GF" that same evening, right. Who knows if he even has/had a GF to begin with.

C'mon, the guy walked her to her bus stop every evening as the OP claims, sometimes even riding the bus with her to "continue the conversation". His GF never once met him at work to go out for the evening? Never stopped by during the day for lunch? Never once called him "at the office" or when he was off work? Never once called while he was "continuing the conversation" to see where the heck he was at? I am sure he could have had his phone set to silent, but the dude is 22 so I doubt it. He never called her? She either works the graveyard shift, or does not exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
it sounds to me like this guy is into you. as to why he didnt tell you about a current girlfriend, perhaps he didnt want you to friend zone him right away, or he is trying to juggle two girls at the same time.

just take your time with him, and make sure you can trust him before getting in too deep.
This "friend zoning" nonsense needs to stop as it also does not exist.

Old 09-08-2014, 01:24 PM

2,806 posts, read 3,041,186 times
This guy sounds fun but dangerous. Go for it if it's your type of thing. Be sure to focus on his soft eyes and not his history.

Old 09-08-2014, 01:44 PM

16,797 posts, read 14,539,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adhom View Post
this guy sounds fun but dangerous. Go for it if it's your type of thing. Be sure to focus on his soft eyes and not his history.
lmao!

Old 09-09-2014, 02:01 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,467,772 times
When a guy is kissing you on the neck it's time to have a wtf are we doing conversation. Quite likely, he's interested in dating you but was in a relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurch View Post
Once a player always a player. what I don't understand from you , just hang around with him and you did not ask him either if he has a girl friend? He might thought such an easy case to just get what he wants. Or might be he play with both of you at the same time. If he was a honest man he would tell you other wise he will play.
If the guy were a player, he'd have slept with her already. Sorry, but your analysis is just not accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or