Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 09:54 AM

374 posts, read 393,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCUGal View Post
I don't need posts like these. There are MANY marriages where women stay with men and they give them tons of chances to get their act together because they don't believe in divorces and take their wedding vows seriously. He strayed 4 times (he told me nothing sexual happened but hell I can't believe a word he says) and then cheated once and we then had marriage counseling. I thought everything was good after that then Mexico happened and now I found out about this girl. That's why I am saying who knows in reality how many times he really did cheat.

But I have been going to counseling so far and was doing really, really well. Just when I got that call the other day, that hit a nerve. I don't know why this is bothering me so much.
Strong vibes your way, the silver lining is this happened to you at a young age, you've got your entire life ahead of you to meet Mr. Right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 10:02 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Get a divorce. Oh and get yourself tested. Let's hope he didn't give you an STD.

Old 09-09-2014, 10:09 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
You are very young, you will be able to get past this. Please dont make the mistake to think all men are scumbags, cause they are not. This one was. Use your experience with him to learn, but dont became bitter. Thankfully, you are very young and have all your life ahead of you.

Focus on yourself, on your goals, study, work, or whatever you want to do. Get together with friends, try to improve yourself, find a hobby or become better in whatever hobby you have. Think about you and what you want and give yourself time to heal. Everything will fall into place with time. Thankfully you are very young.

Good luck with everything

Old 09-09-2014, 10:59 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,153,368 times
You really don't need to talk to him about the divorce. All communications can go through your lawyers at this point. If you don't have one, get one.

And don't extrapolate his behavior to all men. All men do not cheat. I'm sorry that your husband did.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:24 AM

635 posts, read 754,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
If you have been separated for a year...how is it you and him are on a trip in June to Mexico together? That to me doesn't sound like you are separated.
I don't know where you got this impression? My family would never pay to take my ex on a family reunion.

We got separated the day we returned from vacation...I haven't seen him since June.

We were married the entire trip. Once we returned home I started the divorce process.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:31 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:
I don't need posts like these. There are MANY marriages where women stay with men and they give them tons of chances to get their act together because they don't believe in divorces and take their wedding vows seriously. He strayed 4 times (he told me nothing sexual happened but hell I can't believe a word he says) and then cheated once and we then had marriage counseling. I thought everything was good after that then Mexico happened and now I found out about this girl. That's why I am saying who knows in reality how many times he really did cheat.

But I have been going to counseling so far and was doing really, really well. Just when I got that call the other day, that hit a nerve. I don't know why this is bothering me so much.

Posts like what?

I was merely asking you a question and giving you an answer to your question "Why do men continuously cheat?".

You say "There are MANY marriages where women stay with men and they give them tons of chances to get their act together because they don't believe in divorces and take their wedding vows seriously" .... so would you characterize yourself as one of these women? If so, why not give him a 5th chance?

If not, then it sounds like you are doing the right thing by divorcing him.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:18 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
Sounds like there are very few if any assets involved. Has he been sending large sums of money back home? Could be sending marital assets to Mexico.

I believe SC is a no fault divorce state so it doesn't matter who cheated.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:51 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suncc49 View Post
sounds like there are very few if any assets involved. Has he been sending large sums of money back home? could be sending marital assets to mexico.

i believe sc is a no fault divorce state so it doesn't matter who cheated.

lol!

Old 09-09-2014, 01:02 PM

125 posts, read 282,169 times
Sorry you're going through this. Like others have said, you're still young and have PLENTY of time to find Mr. Right. Not all of us men are dogs. Take some time to heal, maybe do something to better yourself like pick up a hobby, further your education, or volunteer. Become a better woman for the right man.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:41 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
I don't know where you got this impression? My family would never pay to take my ex on a family reunion.

We got separated the day we returned from vacation...I haven't seen him since June.

We were married the entire trip. Once we returned home I started the divorce process.
I got this from your original post which said you've been separated for over a year and you say "we" got back from Mexico in June.

What gives!? I am saying you are speaking in circles.

"I’m in the middle of a year-long separation. "

"We had a huge family reunion in Mexico (my side) and during the trip; he actually cheated on me with a 17 year old. "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships