Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2014, 08:30 PM

16 posts, read 11,963 times

Advertisements

On one of your posts, you say that you want someone who is good with kids but doesn't have kids of his own. You really are asking for the impossible, unless you are waiting for one of the tiny tiny number of guys working in <12 education or childcare.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:56 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Nothing to prove. Just I have dated all the guys that are wrong for me and it did not work out. I want the relationship that will work out.

I have previously lived with a single dad. I was having anxiety attacks for months before I finally put him out.
So, you routinely move dudes into your house around your kids?

Quit doing that.

No man should be living with you unless you're getting married. Date set. Invites. Engagement ring.

Seriously. Don't perpetuate the desperate, single mother stereotype.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:03 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,069 times
I cant believe all those posts telling the OP to date men 45-50 years old, instead of men their own age.

Yeah, right, cause woman in their 30s rather date a 50 year old dude that a guy in their 30s.... come on. Sexism and double standards.

If this was a thread made by a guy whos 35, wanting to date his own age, people wouldnt be saying "get real. go date a woman in her 50s".

Old 09-10-2014, 09:22 PM

783 posts, read 849,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I cant believe all those posts telling the OP to date men 45-50 years old, instead of men their own age.

Yeah, right, cause woman in their 30s rather date a 50 year old dude that a guy in their 30s.... come on. Sexism and double standards.

If this was a thread made by a guy whos 35, wanting to date his own age, people wouldnt be saying "get real. go date a woman in her 50s".
I am guessing you missed the part where she said she could only date a guy that has kids if the kids are fully grown and no longer living with him.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:04 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
I am guessing you missed the part where she said she could only date a guy that has kids if the kids are fully grown and no longer living with him.
Im refeering to posters that actually said that guys in their 30s are looking for "girls in their 20s" while maybe the 50 years old would like someone her age. They werent talking about grown kids.

In real life, 30 years old date 30 years old most of the time. Why do young women have to "settle" for old dudes? that isnt realistic and guys who expect that are either pervs or delusional

Old 09-10-2014, 10:44 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Im refeering to posters that actually said that guys in their 30s are looking for "girls in their 20s" while maybe the 50 years old would like someone her age. They werent talking about grown kids.

In real life, 30 years old date 30 years old most of the time. Why do young women have to "settle" for old dudes? that isnt realistic and guys who expect that are either pervs or delusional
Because they're 35 with 2 kids and they're looking for a guy who has no kids, is attractive, fit, white, well-paid, and willing to become a stepdad?

Old 09-11-2014, 12:01 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,242 times
Quote:

I guess you're overlooking all the other requirements the OP has and the fact that she already has two kids. Re-read the post that started this thread.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:24 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,208,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I do not consider my kids baggage.
I love reading you responses. This one is my fav!

Old 09-11-2014, 05:03 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,278,222 times
Quote:

Hey, I'm a feminist, and even I don't see it as double standards.

I'm not far off from the OP in age. Difference is, I have no kids. Don't want them, either. I'd imagine that would deter a lot of guys in my age group from getting serious with me, because for some reason they want to procreate. Therefore, I have to accept that my dating pool is going to be smaller than that of someone who can provide these men with the future they want, OR make concessions in what I look for in a man.

I don't have a problem dating a man with children though. The OP does because she doesn't want to be around kids. That's why people are suggesting older men with grown children. In most cases, it has nothing to do with a double standard and everything to do with the options available to her.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:57 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,008,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
I fit the criteria of what you are looking for in a guy.
  • I am 35
  • I own my own business making 6 digits
  • 6'1" 195, picture of me is in my profile
  • Zero drug use
  • Very light drinker
  • Does not have kids but wants kids
Now here is the problem. You are not what I am looking for in a woman. As a man I do not care about your degree of financial success, only that you are not a financial failure as no man wants to marry into debt. Physically attractive is a plus and is what I expect since I consider myself to be physically attractive. You say that you want a guy without kids yet you have kids yourself. I want kids, my kids, not your kids. You want a husband and a father figure for your kids and not to live with anyone elses kids but you expect him to live with your kids. You also want men without baggage yet you have your own baggage. You nixed a guy that also had two kids because his kids and your kids would be too many kids for your standards.
A guy like me that has his stuff together with no baggage is looking for a woman 5-15 years younger then himself who also has no baggage. You have baggage. That is why guys that fit your criteria lose interest in you.

Attached is a dating market value chart based on age. If someone has kids whether they are man or woman their market value is even lower then the chart indicates since it only considers age.
I like what you said , A man with different thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.