Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2014, 06:55 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times

Advertisements

True story, no frills or stunts.

While walking today on the way to the metro here in DC, I approached an older lady- mid to late 40s. It was revealed early in the convo that she is originally from philly and prior military so that created some type of structure for convo as I am from NY/NJ and also military. She was in a suit so I had to carry the conversation with less humor at first. Anyway, we hit the metro and I needed to get her number before too late. I asked if we could go for coffee but didn't ask for her number. She was hesitant and said that I was young while smiling. I'm 36. However, she didn't give the "I am married or taken" excuse. It was the age issue. but I had to keep pressing it but not coming off as needy. We were then slightly interrupted by the tolls. We happened to be taking the same train line.

I didn't come across too need but made some comments to let her know that I wasn't going away so fast. I followed her to a spot on the platform and I noticed her looking back to see if I was still following. So immediately as she found a spot, she reached in her hand bag and gave me two business cards. Come to find out she is the head director of financial services at a major US federal department in DC. Nonetheless, I kept cool. We road the train together and I got to know her. I know she is single, 5 grand children, and 2 sons- she lives alone but doesn't cook. We talked about her gardening to dancing with the stars, to her being a board member of a charity group, she sleeping all day this past Saturday, etc. She is really cool and you can tell that she wanted to keep the conversation going. She wasn't short at all in her responses and she laughed often. She got off her stop and it was a quick bye.

Now, I have to follow through. Unfortunately, I only have her email and work phone number.

Obviously I have to play my cards right because she is in a high profile position. I totally wasn't expecting it and obviously we will not be getting married. Anyone have any experience dealing with high profile older women? Any tips?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 07:05 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Obviously I have to play my cards right because she is in a high profile position. I totally wasn't expecting it and obviously we will not be getting married. Anyone have any experience dealing with high profile older women? Any tips?
Why not?

Old 09-16-2014, 07:08 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,403 times
Quote:
an older lady- mid to late 40s
I stopped reading as soon as I read that.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:13 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
She's a woman. Leave off the adjectives. Treat her like a woman you care about.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:18 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
High profile, eh?

I didn't think Condaleeza Rice was a grandmother but .. I wouldn't mess with her if I were you.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:28 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,316,296 times
Quote:
True story, no frills or stunts.

While walking today on the way to the metro here in DC, I approached an older lady- mid to late 40s. It was revealed early in the convo that she is originally from philly and prior military so that created some type of structure for convo as I am from NY/NJ and also military. She was in a suit so I had to carry the conversation with less humor at first. Anyway, we hit the metro and I needed to get her number before too late. I asked if we could go for coffee but didn't ask for her number. She was hesitant and said that I was young while smiling. I'm 36. However, she didn't give the "I am married or taken" excuse. It was the age issue. but I had to keep pressing it but not coming off as needy. We were then slightly interrupted by the tolls. We happened to be taking the same train line.

I didn't come across too need but made some comments to let her know that I wasn't going away so fast. I followed her to a spot on the platform and I noticed her looking back to see if I was still following. So immediately as she found a spot, she reached in her hand bag and gave me two business cards. Come to find out she is the head director of financial services at a major US federal department in DC. Nonetheless, I kept cool. We road the train together and I got to know her. I know she is single, 5 grand children, and 2 sons- she lives alone but doesn't cook. We talked about her gardening to dancing with the stars, to her being a board member of a charity group, she sleeping all day this past Saturday, etc. She is really cool and you can tell that she wanted to keep the conversation going. She wasn't short at all in her responses and she laughed often. She got off her stop and it was a quick bye.

Now, I have to follow through. Unfortunately, I only have her email and work phone number.

I am not a guy but if you pushed it and she gave you her card then just email her at her work address, unless you are no longer interested. no problem.

BTW, she must have liked you or she wouldn't have given you her card.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:41 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Dude. 36 and mid 40s isn't exactly the Grand Canyon in age difference. Her job is her job. Her personal life is her personal life. If you like her and she obviously liked you go email her and give her your number. She will either call or wont. Why else would you go through all that fir no reason. I never thought I was gonna marry a older woman and I did.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:54 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times
Thanks for the responses.

I want to and will push fwd. She doesn't look 40 and she is really fit. She doesn't know my age but she may think I am in my late 20s. Regardless, i will email her as suggested and leave my phone number.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:05 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
It's what we call a no-brainer.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:18 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Dude. 36 and mid 40s isn't exactly the Grand Canyon in age difference. Her job is her job. Her personal life is her personal life. If you like her and she obviously liked you go email her and give her your number. She will either call or wont. Why else would you go through all that fir no reason. I never thought I was gonna marry a older woman and I did.
This. What a nutty OP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships