Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 11:42 AM

667 posts, read 2,300,555 times

Advertisements

OK people!

I need some advice here!
My FIRST WEDDING ANNIVERSARY is Feb. 17. I'm the wife, by the way & what can I get/do for my husband for our very first anniversary?

Men, what would YOU like....be honest, creative, don't hold back.

Women, what have you had great luck with?

I'm creative myself & tend to put ALOT of thought into gifts, special holidays, etc.
But this is a first for me & I am aiming for the PERFECT day, which with my clumsy/goofy self, it's difficult at times!
Thanx a million! Eve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 12:01 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,367,969 times
Well, as a man, what I would like is that you didn't post this post on here in public and did something that only You contrived... you know me well enough to know my tendencies... go with that.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:05 PM

384 posts, read 1,709,663 times
I love cruises, what about a weekend cruise? However, to some degree Town&Country has a point, it is worth more when it comes from your heart, not from someone elses. It's like your man giving you a poem that he had a friend write for him.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:15 PM

Default geez louise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Town&Country View Post
Well, as a man, what I would like is that you didn't post this post on here in public and did something that only You contrived... you know me well enough to know my tendencies... go with that.
And my point of this thread was to get ideas & mold them into what works best.
I'm just stumped at this point, so what's wrong with someone's suggestion sparking my own imagination? Nothing.
I'm sure you've asked for advice before.

I do know my husband well, put a guy's point of view is always nice. And since I don't have a guy friend to talk with, this forum always does me well for ideas.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:20 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by collected_eve View Post
OK people!

I need some advice here!
My FIRST WEDDING ANNIVERSARY is Feb. 17. I'm the wife, by the way & what can I get/do for my husband for our very first anniversary?

Men, what would YOU like....be honest, creative, don't hold back.

Women, what have you had great luck with?

I'm creative myself & tend to put ALOT of thought into gifts, special holidays, etc.
But this is a first for me & I am aiming for the PERFECT day, which with my clumsy/goofy self, it's difficult at times!
Thanx a million! Eve
I would get a room at the Hotel Del Coronado on Coronado Island across the water from San Diego. You could stroll on the beach, peruse the islands restaurants, shops etc. It is a beautiful, beautiful hotel on a wonderful island. It is about 2 1/2 hours from Yuma.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:22 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Town&Country View Post
I personally do not see anything wrong with getting some ideas.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:24 PM

98 posts, read 373,951 times
The first year's anniversary gift is paper. My husband got me a James Joyce book that I've been meaning to read since high school, and of course, he wrote a sweet message inside the book cover. I, in turn, painted a painting on canvas for him but I understand that's not a popular gift because not everyone is artistic. I can't even say that he really liked it or not, but I know I just wanted something he couldn't get in a store, something rare... which is a painting by me. And even if one is not very artsy, they can pull off something simple or very abstract.

Here's a list of paper gifts:
- framed photographs
- professional painting of your wedding photo
- put together an album or a scrap-book for them
- concert tickets
- sports game tickets
- books
- a written poem

http://ask.metafilter.com/21756/Pape...ng-anniversary

If you don't want to get paper, you can wrap a gift in paper and still be technically... traditional.

Hope this helps.

P.S.: Love your pseudonym.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:28 PM

22,161 posts, read 19,213,038 times
I had a friend who did something totally out of character for both her and her husband. She got herself an instructional video on "how to strip" and she practiced and did this strip dance of her own to music of her choosing and he was dumbfounded and shocked and when all was said and done she said he told her later that one reason it meant so much to him (aside from the stripping part) was that she went to the time and effort to put something like that together for him and surprise him

Old 12-27-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I personally do not see anything wrong with getting some ideas.
Thank You very much Miborn!

I am a writer, so I'm looking to accompany my poem with something bigger, like a main attraction/event.

So, that's the area that I need a bit of a jumpstart.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paper doll View Post
The first year's anniversary gift is paper.
Here's a list of paper gifts:
- framed photographs
- professional painting of your wedding photo
- put together an album or a scrap-book for them
- concert tickets
- sports game tickets
- books
- a written poem

http://ask.metafilter.com/21756/Pape...ng-anniversary

If you don't want to get paper, you can wrap a gift in paper and still be technically... traditional.

Hope this helps.

P.S.: Love your pseudonym.
THANKS! See, I didn't know this tradition. I am still a bit new at marriage & all the little extras that come along!

THIS definately gets my mind rolling, other than the poem that I'm still adding to!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships