Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2014, 09:59 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
And these days, women pay their own way on the first date or two.

Double please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 10:03 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
The women who struggle with dating are women who aren't on guys' radar. They're smart, in shape, great personalities usually, but they don't attract attention. They don't "pick the wrong guys", that's not even an option for them. They're friendly and talk to guys, but there's no reciprocal interest.
*******s.

Seriously Ruth, you need to stop with this nonsense, really. The only reason a woman like you described would be single is that she wants to be or she doesn't like her choices.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:03 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
The women who struggle with dating are women who aren't on guys' radar. They're smart, in shape, great personalities usually, but they don't attract attention. They don't "pick the wrong guys", that's not even an option for them. They're friendly and talk to guys, but there's no reciprocal interest.
IDK, if my relationship with my Aussie gf ends, and I need to return to the States, I think I'm going to relocate to wherever Ruth lives. Because, apparently in that area, there is a huge glut of wonderful, very attractive, successful, professional women totally unable to find any man willing to date them. They are the absolute creme de la creme of the dating pool, yet remain virtually dateless.

Now R4T, you are one of the most intelligent and level-headed posters on CD, you really are, and I respect that a ton, but I'm having a difficult time wrapping my head around the fact that these highly desirable women have THAT much trouble finding a man to date. It doesn't seem possible

Old 09-22-2014, 10:07 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742;
Please.
It's true, though. Here's a good example, below. Jillabean does a good job on this forum explaining this mysterious species of women, too. I've known women like that, and they're not even what I'd call outright "unattractive" (if by that people mean ugly). They just don't stand out. Some are shy, so even though they're cute, they don't get noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Lol that I get to be the spokesmodel for rejected women, but I know lots of women who rarely or never dated. The problem is that the unattractive girls are invisible to you in the first place. You're not counting them when you say it's easy for women.

Another CD poster once wrote that she ran into a man she'd known when she was young. She'd liked him but she wasn't pretty enough for her so he had no interest. He married someone else who eventually left him.

Twenty years later he runs into the CD poster, now married, and says he wishes he'd met someone like her when he was young.

She said HE DID. He'd met HER. And didn't even consider her because she wasn't someone he could show off to his friends.

So stop with this stupid lie. There are many women out there who don't get a chance to date, and the fact of the matter is that YOU don't want to date them because they aren't good enough for YOU, either. You whine about being rejected by women you approached, but you approached them, in part, with the hope that you'll get a good-looking chick that will impress your buds. Meanwhile, you are rejecting a lot of good women out of hand because they might not be as attractive as you'd like to have to impress other men, but that just-OK girl might be hot in bed, might be able to cook, might actually LOVE you--if you gave her a chance.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
It's true, though. Here's a good example, below. Jillabean does a good job on this forum explaining this mysterious species of women, too. I've known women like that, and they're not even what I'd call outright "unattractive" (if by that people mean ugly). They just don't stand out. Some are shy, so even though they're cute, they don't get noticed.

If you hide, even in plain site, you won't be seen. So don't hide!

I can't go out with my ladyfriend, or female platonic friends (even those that most people here would consider sub 5s or whatever) for more than a few hours without them getting hit on. That was as true at 23 as it is now at 43. If you're putting yourself out there in social situations (bars, lounges, music clubs, festivals, etc) and your friendly, you will get hit on. It very well may not be who you want to be hit on by, but you'll be hit on.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:16 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
If you hide, even in plain site, you won't be seen. So don't hide!

I can't go out with my ladyfriend, or female platonic friends (even those that most people here would consider sub 5s or whatever) for more than a few hours without them getting hit on. That was as true at 23 as it is now at 43. If you're putting yourself out there in social situations (bars, lounges, music clubs, festivals, etc) and your friendly, you will get hit on. It very well may not be who you want to be hit on by, but you'll be hit on.
What's true for your friends isn't true for all women. There's a large contingent of women who don't go to bars and clubs, too. Going to festivals, concerts, etc. doesn't get them anything.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
What's true for your friends isn't true for all women. There's a large contingent of women who don't go to bars and clubs, too. Going to festivals, concerts, etc. doesn't get them anything.

Well if they don't go to places where people go to socialize, then that is on them. Or if they go to places and don't mingle and chat with people, that is also on them.

Go do fun stuff as a lady, say something like a brewers festival, and you'll have no problem meeting tons of guys. They are fun, and very common now since the microbrewery thing exploded, and often very heavily skewed toward males.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:31 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well if they don't go to places where people go to socialize, then that is on them. Or if they go to places and don't mingle and chat with people, that is also on them.
Truth.

Ruth and Newbie seem to place blame on men for the reason why these "attractive", "fit" and "personable" can't find anyone.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:47 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Truth.

Ruth and Newbie seem to place blame on men for the reason why these "attractive", "fit" and "personable" can't find anyone.
But it does disprove the theory that too many dudes on this board have that all any woman has to do is to show up in public to be bombarded with propositions. Age, appearance, personality, none of that matters. Just being a woman out in the open is enough.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:52 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But it does disprove the theory that too many dudes on this board have that all a woman has to do is to show up in public to be bombarded with propositions.

Not buying it-a few anecdotal observations or opinions don't disprove the rule. Not saying they will be bombarded, but desirable woman are hardly ever alone, unless by choice. They will always have options-even if they aren't their dream men
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships