Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 06:57 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Traditionally there should be a little shirt cuff showing at the ends of the jacket sleeves when the arms are held at your side. Whether that's the current fashion or not, I have no idea.
Another thing, I hate how it's considered too small to be a jacket if you show some of the wrist. I like feeling the freedom of hand movement, ya know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2014, 08:30 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,738,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Another thing, I hate how it's considered too small to be a jacket if you show some of the wrist. I like feeling the freedom of hand movement, ya know?
I'm not a fan of oversize shirts and jackets in general, which seem to be the norm these days. One reason I don't bother owning a suit is because the only way I could get one that didn't look ridiculous would be to pay a couple thousand dollars or more for something bespoke. I can't afford that and even if I could, I could hardly justify it since I pretty much never have occasion to wear a suit.

Old 09-24-2014, 12:58 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
What exactly is this thread about? First date etiquette or facial hair on men in general?

Old 09-24-2014, 01:19 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
What exactly is this thread about? First date etiquette or facial hair on men in general?
Who knows, but it involves the preferences of a woman, and that's all that matters besides other things like a man's preferences, right?

Old 09-24-2014, 05:44 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,375,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Someone please explain this to me!

Once again I've met a guy who showed up with 3 day stubble. Not a beard, or mustache, but just stubble all down his neck and scattered across the cheeks. Nice enough guy, but he exaggerated his hobbies and career as well, so he is out of luck. He really liked me, too.

If you have 3 day stubble, you probably shaved in the last week or so. Why didn't you shave before coming out to meet me?

Do guys really think this is a cool fashion?

Are they just clueless about how bad it looks?

Is it a shield that says: Deep down I need someone to take care of me. OR Please don't expect much of me because I 'm not capable of much?

I am THIS CLOSE to putting one of those Don't Contact Me if you Can't Groom Your Own Facial Hair messages on my profile.

Sheesh.
I get bad ingrown hairs on my neck sometimes. When this happens, I have to use an electric razor to trim my neck which usually looks like a few day old stubble when it's fresh. Normally, I use a razor, but can't always. If I continue shaving to close when I'm getting bad ones, they just get worse. Using needles to get embedded hairs out is a bloody mess sometimes. I shaved last night because I have an important work dinner tonight, but don't always. Even when I was single it was always Tuesdays or Wednesdays and Fridays typically.

Also, with my job, it's a relaxed work environment. Jeans, boots, long sleeve t-shirt usually. I don't have to be clean shaven and usually am not. On a date, I would probably try to be more clean shaven, but it also depends on the girl. If I wasn't overly interested, I probably wouldn't make it a huge priority to shave first..

To be honest, it's easy for you to criticize these men, but I doubt you're perfect.. Is your make up perfect? Your hair?

Are you overweight at all? Do you exercise regularly? Do you eat healthy?

Your Screen name, "StageMomma," do you have kids? If so, why aren't you married? Why are you dating? That's far from "perfect" and probably a 1000x more of a concern than someone who isn't freshly shaved.

If you are perfect then all those ways, then maybe you can be a little picky. However I would bet $$ that you are far from perfect yourself, in which I say:

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Old 09-24-2014, 05:59 AM

957 posts, read 1,060,201 times
This thread cracks me up.

On the first date I had with the woman I'm dating now I wore flip flops, shorts and a North face t-shirt. I had a couple days stubble on too, I've always been told I look best a little scruffy looking. I honestly prefer to be clean shaving though.

She wore a cute top, short shorts and flip flops, no makeup and glasses. We still had a great time. I wouldn't want to be around such high maintenance women anyway. Probably wouldn't even go camping or hiking.

We've been hiking to peaks all summer, when we get to the top we change. She wears a dress and I put a suit on and we take a bunch of pics on each peak.

She's a lot of fun!

Old 09-24-2014, 07:59 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
What, even a crafted look with different guards doesn't really take that long...

Sure it'll be longer than brushing and flossing teeth, but it's not that long.
Never said it did. All I said is it can take longer than dragging a razor across the face. Point was, a stubble look isn't done because one is lazy or careless or thoughtless.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:50 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,207,802 times
No way the OP was being serious.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Do you shave?

Old 09-24-2014, 06:34 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Do you shave?
Yes often, not as often as some guys but often. However when I'm on vacation I'll let my hair grow out provided it doesn't itch. Why do you ask?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships