Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 02:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Yea I have a neckbeard, which expands past the adams apple, worst place to shave, IMO.
Why not nair it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2014, 02:25 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I'll come to a date with a 5oclock shadow, blue jeans, plain tshirt and converse; I really dont care.

If she doesn't like it...well, I really dont care, Lol
5 o'clock shadow is one thing. I believe the OP is referring to 3 - 4 days' growth.

Old 09-20-2014, 02:28 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Why not nair it?
You first, the first time I "shaved" I used it and my face hurt and burned like hell, never again.

I just use a no-guard trimmer now, fast, easy, and no pain or irritation.

Old 09-20-2014, 02:29 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
5 o'clock shadow is one thing. I believe the OP is referring to 3 - 4 days' growth.
Which, depends on the man....

I know some men that grow their facial hair very slowly, meanwhile I have to shave everyday.

Old 09-20-2014, 02:38 PM

19,386 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Yes. Here's a recent photo:

Shartak : Neckbeard

LMAO!
Lol, I didn't know it was a real thing.

Old 09-20-2014, 02:41 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
You first, the first time I "shaved" I used it and my face hurt and burned like hell, never again.

I just use a no-guard trimmer now, fast, easy, and no pain or irritation.
I don't have a beard?

Old 09-20-2014, 05:51 PM

6,883 posts, read 7,881,752 times
Y'all are funny! I don't think I said I rejected any of these guys due to their 3 day stubble, did I? I weigh multiple factors when deciding to see or not see someone again. Don't you? I could write 15 posts about the first meet with this guy, all on different aspects of him/our conversation/my observations.

If you think a person shouldn't be judgmental, does that mean you are supposed to be in a relationship with the first single person you meet when you are available, regardless of their features/grooming? I've been rejected countless times...hair color, face, clothing, voice, etc, but if someone thinks I'm not his type, do I think he is judgmental? Nope. I do actually want a guy to be attracted to me if we are to be in a relationship.

These guys usually have a variety of photos on their profiles, so I don't have a clue that 3 day stubble is his default style even if it shows in a picture. I'll admit, Thursday's date had only two pictures, one I couldn't see enough facial detail to determine stubble. In his particular case...he also had a beautiful smile and a long stringy ponytail (not visible in the photos). I don't generally date guys with tacky tattoos or really bad teeth or yesterday's t-shirt, either. Just a personal preference. You all have criteria for choosing a mate that you should not have to defend to anyone.

When I go out in public, I brush my hair and teeth, and wear clean clothes. I don't generally wear a lot of makeup or polish my nails regularly, and my photos reflect that. I find stubble of any kind to be painful and unnecessary. As I said before, I don't mind a beard or mustache, and on the average joe on the street with stubble I'm not thinking "Jeez, what a horrible fashion choice!" I only really notice it when I'm looking to see what first impression a guy chooses to make. His choice.

All this makes me realize that I need to pay more attention to the photos and profiles, and go for guys who are a little more clean cut. Not hard to do.

Old 09-20-2014, 05:56 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
My husband can't have stubble, because he's in the military, and for the most part, being cleanshaven is a requirement. When he's on leave/liberty, he likes to let it go. I won't begrudge him a few days' stubble.

Old 09-20-2014, 05:58 PM

52,200 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Y'all are funny! I don't think I said I rejected any of these guys due to their 3 day stubble, did I? I weigh multiple factors when deciding to see or not see someone again. Don't you? I could write 15 posts about the first meet with this guy, all on different aspects of him/our conversation/my observations.

If you think a person shouldn't be judgmental, does that mean you are supposed to be in a relationship with the first single person you meet when you are available, regardless of their features/grooming? I've been rejected countless times...hair color, face, clothing, voice, etc, but if someone thinks I'm not his type, do I think he is judgmental? Nope. I do actually want a guy to be attracted to me if we are to be in a relationship.

These guys usually have a variety of photos on their profiles, so I don't have a clue that 3 day stubble is his default style even if it shows in a picture. I'll admit, Thursday's date had only two pictures, one I couldn't see enough facial detail to determine stubble. In his particular case...he also had a beautiful smile and a long stringy ponytail (not visible in the photos). I don't generally date guys with tacky tattoos or really bad teeth or yesterday's t-shirt, either. Just a personal preference. You all have criteria for choosing a mate that you should not have to defend to anyone.

When I go out in public, I brush my hair and teeth, and wear clean clothes. I don't generally wear a lot of makeup or polish my nails regularly, and my photos reflect that. I find stubble of any kind to be painful and unnecessary. As I said before, I don't mind a beard or mustache, and on the average joe on the street with stubble I'm not thinking "Jeez, what a horrible fashion choice!" I only really notice it when I'm looking to see what first impression a guy chooses to make. His choice.

All this makes me realize that I need to pay more attention to the photos and profiles, and go for guys who are a little more clean cut. Not hard to do.
Of course we all have preferences, but I'm a pretty mellow guy and I gotta say, just the way your OP was worded did come off a little rough.....

Last edited by Chowhound; 09-20-2014 at 06:08 PM..

Old 09-20-2014, 05:59 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Of course we all have preferences, but I'm a pretty mellow guy and I gotta say, just the way your OP was worded did come of a little rough.....

Yep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships