Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 07:34 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,471,218 times

Advertisements

For most guy with the wife it's the same stuff, but always new stuff with the girlfriend lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 07:34 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,610,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Let me know how "true" you think this is of men versus women...

Men say they like variety....it's been my experience (fairly limited) that they like to have sex pretty much the same every time, same foreplay, same positions, etc. I like a little variety - mix it up! I get bored if it's always done "by rote". To me, guys find out "what works" and that's the way it is every time.

So, do men want a variety of women but then the sex is the same with each of them, where women are more likely to settle down with one man and they'd like a variety of kinds of sex with that one guy?
I guess with some men when they find something that works and it is good they like to stick with it. Maybe a little encouraging or suggestions can help add a little spice.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:39 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,672,030 times
The guys were all different.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:40 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,264,946 times
If this is your experience, you're picking the wrong guys

Old 09-21-2014, 07:47 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,118,621 times
Common complaint of women. It seems the variety some men claim they want is in the partners themselves (different women), although so many men go for the same "type" of look over and over that this doesn't seem to hold a lot of truth either.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:57 PM

48,272 posts, read 34,391,475 times
No, I've found the guys I've been with are all different.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-21-2014, 08:23 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,956,833 times
Quote:

Men say they like variety....it's been my experience (fairly limited) that they like to have sex pretty much the same every time, same foreplay, same positions, etc. I like a little variety - mix it up! I get bored if it's always done "by rote". To me, guys find out "what works" and that's the way it is every time.

So, do men want a variety of women but then the sex is the same with each of them, where women are more likely to settle down with one man and they'd like a variety of kinds of sex with that one guy?
I must be a guy then .

I have learned to tell new partners that I do this -- get stuck in a rut, so to speak -- and that I will very much appreciate it if they bring new ideas!

It's funny, too, how the 'what works' is different with each partner.

I do think that men are more likely to value variety in partners than women. Some men want that and some do not, but I think fewer women care.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:24 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,192,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
For most guy with the wife it's the same stuff, but always new stuff with the girlfriend lol
Yeah...that's kinda what I'm saying...after you've been in the relationship for awhile it gets a little "workman-like" so it gets the job done but is not very creative.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:46 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,134,594 times
It's going to depend on each individual. I'm afraid I've become that way again too, but only because I was forced into it by my wife. In the beginning it was varied, but over time she'd inform me she didn't really like this or that, so we got in a rut. She's like that with everything. She has her way of doing things, and if you introduce variety to her day, you're "messing with my mojo!" My first wife was that way too, very organized, everything systematic. The wife between, my late wife, was highly, highly intelligent, artistic, and a little disorganized. We had lots of sex, usually at least every day, and it was always different. Sometimes we'd plan it months in advance -- something new we wanted to try. It gave us both something special to look forward to. Other times it was something spur of the moment -- saw a movie, read a book or an article, etc.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:04 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,156,211 times
Quote:

I think both sexes like a bit of variety. It's important to break the routine sometimes. Like everything else in a relationship though it takes work, and people aren't always willing to put in the work. Men or women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships