Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 02:47 PM

5,204 posts, read 4,661,584 times

Advertisements

I would say variety in sex to men is in partners and not changing positions with the same partner. As a woman, how would you know if a man has the same type of sex with every woman? You would only be privy to what he does with you. Different women have different preferences so even if the man just wanted to do the set of things to please that woman, he would still have variety across different women. Variety in positions with the same woman is encouraged because knowing men's propensity to desire variety of partners but not having the option, this type of "variety" is a substitute to spice up the sex life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2014, 03:08 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,857,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Yea of course. Men like a variety of women but like the same position doing it with them. Why mess with what's fun? Men just don't like doing a bunch of positions with women because that's useless, you're putting the same thing in the same place, why do weird/awkward things? That's something women like for whatever illogical reason.
Speak for yourself. Like I said earlier in the thread, I like to let the lady take the lead. The fun part is in experiencing her spontaneity and playfulness. So I get plenty of variety that way, and it suits me just fine. What's so fun about the same old, same old? Y'all are missing out, IMO. You can't have fun with more than just 1 position? Does not compute.

Old 09-26-2014, 06:14 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,330,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

It isn't illogical. Different spots are being touched. A half of inch shift of position doesn't make any difference to me, but it can be a completely different sensation to some women (not all, but some).

Totally agree - and it's difficult to communicate EXACTLY what I want to be different but PLEASE change it up a little! Also, I'm fine with communicating but if I have to give a play-by-play instruction on what to do next I might as well take care of it myself!

Old 09-26-2014, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Speak for yourself. Like I said earlier in the thread, I like to let the lady take the lead. The fun part is in experiencing her spontaneity and playfulness. So I get plenty of variety that way, and it suits me just fine. What's so fun about the same old, same old? Y'all are missing out, IMO. You can't have fun with more than just 1 position? Does not compute.
BTW, I never said just ONE position but when you do three positions for the same length of time in the same order, that's STILL the same thing....

Old 09-26-2014, 06:24 AM

914 posts, read 765,091 times
I think it's all dependent upon the person OP, but yes many guys are conditioned to certain "ways" of being intimate with their SO. After having been with this person over and over, they know what they prefer. I don't think this is gender specific though.

Old 09-26-2014, 06:28 AM

7,420 posts, read 4,657,090 times
A girl once said to me to eat her blood red thingy. Now I understand why girls love the Twilight saga. They subliminally want vampire-likes who lusts for blood. It made total sense now and you could totally picture how the bedroom scene of Bella and Edward would be like.

Old 09-26-2014, 06:41 AM

4,552 posts, read 5,395,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Totally agree - and it's difficult to communicate EXACTLY what I want to be different but PLEASE change it up a little! Also, I'm fine with communicating but if I have to give a play-by-play instruction on what to do next I might as well take care of it myself!
Well, thats YOUR problem then. The BEST sex I have ever had is with women who are able to openly communicate what they want, how they want it, when they want it. Your inability to communicate effectively will always ruin it for you no matter what guy you are with.

Women who are great communicators when it comes to sex will almost NEVER have the complaints and issues that you have.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:17 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,709,685 times
This is a gross generalization, although it may apply to some men and maybe it's your experience.

I wonder why you are so negative and so quick to blame your troubles on men.

We generally we get what we seek, and often delude ourselves about what we really seek.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:44 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,367,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Let me know how "true" you think this is of men versus women...

Men say they like variety....it's been my experience (fairly limited) that they like to have sex pretty much the same every time, same foreplay, same positions, etc. I like a little variety - mix it up! I get bored if it's always done "by rote". To me, guys find out "what works" and that's the way it is every time.

So, do men want a variety of women but then the sex is the same with each of them, where women are more likely to settle down with one man and they'd like a variety of kinds of sex with that one guy?
Well you do break into a "routine" after a while. I watched a TV show where they had a "3 in 15" rule, 3 positions, 15 minutes, they both got what they came for, and went to sleep. This was, a married long term couple.

I find that if you're in a longer term relationship with someone, and break out some new moves, they start questioning where those moves came from.

There is "normal" sex, and there is "Hey, the kids are gone, lets get freaky" weekends that should also occur.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
This is a gross generalization, although it may apply to some men and maybe it's your experience.

I wonder why you are so negative and so quick to blame your troubles on men.

We generally we get what we seek, and often delude ourselves about what we really seek.
Hahaha - of COURSE it's a gross generalization! I was posing the question to the forum to get their thoughts on it! Nothing is 100% descriptive of all members of a group....also, you're awfully defensive to read into it that I'm blaming my troubles on men...if men are a bit more inclined in one direction or another then that's great to know....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships