Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 09:09 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,439,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
yes! thank you allah truth! also, there is no mention of underwear, socks, bandaids or b*tt cr*cks on this one! (im behaving myself for once!)
oh, allah truth, im considering a new year resolution to start using my shift key (for capitalization and apostrophe purposes of course)
OK... where were those threads????? How could I have missed those???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 09:21 PM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 850,618 times
Being relatively new I enjoy all the different perspectives and opinions. I definitely don't agree with all and have to laugh or shake my head at some, but still informative and downright entertaining. There are also some very inspirational people here and some of the threads make me appreciate my life and my relationship all the more.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:22 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
just wondering if y'all have a certain group of fellow posters that you seem to jive with and another that you seem to really clash with. it's the strangest thing since most of us havent even met face to face but i feel some kind of bond with certain people on cd but also have strong feelings of dislike for others. am i too emotional?
Hey, let's face it, everybody likes mirroring... It's even taught as an interview technique, etc. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it gets us in big s**t trouble... The latter happens when it's insincere and intentional.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:57 PM

60 posts, read 246,557 times
I lurked in these threads for a long time before ever getting the nerve to post anything....being slightly shy. I have to say that generally I have found that the great majority of people here are quite pleasant, helpful, sincere, and really smart and witty. I have laughed out loud many times reading posts. One of the reasons it took me so long to post, other than the shyness factor, was that this appeared to be a group of very intelligent, thoughtful people and I didn't want to seem like a moron. Having said that, a few times I have disagreed with a post, but I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion and discussion with people who have an opinion different than your own can enlighten you and expand your mind. It can also make you more tolerant. Therefore, I don't personally hate any posters, they have as much right to their opinion as I have to mine. Anyway, if someone made me that mad, I'd just turn off the computer.....and them.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:41 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,396,406 times
Quote:
just wondering if y'all have a certain group of fellow posters that you seem to jive with and another that you seem to really clash with. it's the strangest thing since most of us havent even met face to face but i feel some kind of bond with certain people on cd but also have strong feelings of dislike for others. am i too emotional?
Some posters I relate to more than others. Some I warmed up to over time, because they were regular posters and good souls after all. I don't have a "strong dislike" for any, really. I think the mods do a great job of regulating this forum to keep things under control.

Greenie

Old 12-28-2007, 05:57 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,241 times
There are certainly posters I've grown to like a lot but none that I really dislike... Each thread to me is a separate discussion and I hate it in other forums when the same person or people ALWAYS take the opposite side of a discussion because they get SO used to arguing with the same people that they seem to lose their own opinion in order to simply be an opposing view point because that's what they're used to....

Doesn't happen here and I make a point of it. I can have a heated discussion with a poster in one thread, while agreeing and joking with them in another.... It's the way a message board should be IMO.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:10 AM

388 posts, read 328,240 times
Quote:
Might as well add some drama to the thread and start throwing names around.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:14 AM

388 posts, read 328,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
I have read some that drive me crazy, which is probably why I don't post on certain threads - especially here in the Relationships forum - the ones who ask a question, ask for advice, get replies and then either don't come back or don't seem to really "listen" to what advice others give drive me bonkers.
I've seen the same thing & it bothers me. They get free advice from other people on here and don't appreciate it. Selfish thread starters!

Old 12-28-2007, 08:27 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,998,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
OK... where were those threads????? How could I have missed those???
I think they were in Fashion and Beauty (socks and underwear), but Band-Aids was in Health, and I'm not sure if nicolepsy was serious. Ya'll see I said "Is this a serious thread?" I think she wanted us to start talking about ripping band-aids. Oh, and she loves feet and/or shoes, just so ya know.

nicolepsy: are ya Swedish? Ya just remind me of some Swedish friends I've had.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:28 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,643,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenmom7500 View Post
I think they were in Fashion and Beauty (socks and underwear), but Band-Aids was in Health, and I'm not sure if nicolepsy was serious. Ya'll see I said "Is this a serious thread?" I think she wanted us to start talking about ripping band-aids. Oh, and she loves feet and/or shoes, just so ya know.

nicolepsy: are ya Swedish? Ya just remind me of some Swedish friends I've had.
no but i love ikea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships