Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 10:08 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,969,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Roses View Post
I read the novel, it didn't turn out the way the guy wanted.

A silver-tongued devil is someone who through flattery and slickness of speech seeks to deceive others for their own gain. Looks like she's on to you. :-)
Hate to say it, but maybe they "talked and cried together" over a common subject...brought up by wife...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 10:08 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,938,824 times
Seperation, mistress ( recommended by my Doctor), arranged affair, as in Buffit case, these are all options. It's time for everyone to put the honesty cards on the table!

Old 09-22-2014, 10:18 PM

If you are going to pursue this woman to the point of a permanent relationship, you'd better start thinking seriously about everything, including what happens if she turns you down and you are left in an embarrassing situation with bad feelings all around. Wife may not leave her friend but she would probably leave you and then you're really alone.

Address the issue of why wife is cold and that takes sitting down and talking. Maybe in the course of that conversation you'll come to a mutual agreement to divorce. She's probably hanging on in limbo like you are.

One thing for sure, any respectable widow (or otherwise) is not going to accept any advances from her woman-friend's husband. If she is, what kind of character does that reveal. Wait till you're free and then ask advice on how to approach the widow.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
If you are going to pursue this woman to the point of a permanent relationship, you'd better start thinking seriously about everything, including what happens if she turns you down and you are left in an embarrassing situation with bad feelings all around. Wife may not leave her friend but she would probably leave you and then you're really alone.

Address the issue of why wife is cold and that takes sitting down and talking. Maybe in the course of that conversation you'll come to a mutual agreement to divorce. She's probably hanging on in limbo like you are.

One thing for sure, any respectable widow (or otherwise) is not going to accept any advances from her woman-friend's husband. If she is, what kind of character does that reveal. Wait till you're free and then ask advice on how to approach the widow.
There are other options as presented here. Could wife be Gay? Who knows,if she is it's been a master coverup like I have never seen, but it is possable I guess. We tried a counciler, she went once I think, I continued for 6 mo. No help, she did not want anyone invading her private life, including me!

Old 09-22-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
There are other options as presented here. Could wife be Gay? Who knows,if she is it's been a master coverup like I have never seen, but it is possable I guess. We tried a counciler, she went once I think, I continued for 6 mo. No help, she did not want anyone invading her private life, including me!
So what's wrong with divorce? Half of marriages end in it. If it's a business arrangement, know that many divorced couples carry on in business and often do quite well operating that way. One wonders why you aren't taking the bull by the horns with the marriage, FIRST. Fantasy is for young people, not those our age. If you want to make something better happen you have to do it rationally and with honor (imo), even if it could be messy on some level. Courage.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:37 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
Wife's not gay. Wife is just over 'it' with you, as she said. How much younger than you is she?? Did you ever have children with her??

Although, I don't think age is the issue - unless she's still in her 50's - then age may be an issue. Otherwise, the issue is - you've been together too long - familiarity and all that. Especially, if there are no children, may be time for both of you to travel another road.

But - if you have kids and grandkids, well, then, I would think neither of you would want to start over at this age. Family is much too important, imo.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:38 PM

One more thought...I've seen it happen more than once that in a dysfunctional marriage one partner "gets attracted" to the friend of the other partner. That makes for a "safe" fantasy that keeps the circle of main characters close and seemingly okay, until a wrong move is made. This can backfire and leave a bit of a mess. Why not have that conversation soon.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
So what's wrong with divorce? Half of marriages end in it. If it's a business arrangement, know that many divorced couples carry on in business and often do quite well operating that way. One wonders why you aren't taking the bull by the horns with the marriage, FIRST. Fantasy is for young people, not those our age. If you want to make something better happen you have to do it rationally and with honor (imo), even if it could be messy on some level. Courage.
No one wants to be left alone in retirement. That's part of the problem. She is not retired, controls all the money , buys fun big boy toys when I get to close to the subject of divorce. For five of those years I spent building a new retirement house., busy everyday.. We all like our fantasy's too , but I know you are right all along.........I will need a real good law firm !

Old 09-22-2014, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Wife's not gay. Wife is just over 'it' with you, as she said. How much younger than you is she?? Did you ever have children with her??

Although, I don't think age is the issue - unless she's still in her 50's - then age may be an issue. Otherwise, the issue is - you've been together too long - familiarity and all that. Especially, if there are no children, may be time for both of you to travel another road.

But - if you have kids and grandkids, well, then, I would think neither of you would want to start over at this age. Family is much too important, imo.
No kids , she is 65 and says she will have to work till she dies to keep us in the accustomed mode. I no longer generate income, that stopped several years ago. She could try a fast one and say she will distroy the business if I become a problem.......yes, I have done this before 40 years ago, same thing.....some Guys never learn.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:26 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
She is not retired, controls all the money , buys fun big boy toys when I get to close to the subject of divorce.

I will need a real good law firm !
Yep, you'll need a good lawyer - she'll be plenty damn mad - even without involvement of widow lady.

Quote:
No kids , she is 65 and says she will have to work till she dies to keep us in the accustomed mode. I no longer generate income, that stopped several years ago. She could try a fast one and say she will distroy the business if I become a problem.......yes, I have done this before 40 years ago, same thing.....some Guys never learn.
Well, it always comes down to money in the end, doesn't it? Seems like your loss/abdication of control over the money coincides with the demise of your marital happiness.

No advice at this point, except first be sure you know where ALL the money is - and try to secure control over your share of it before the fray begins - if you decide to go that route.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships