Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 04:01 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,580 times

Advertisements

Impossible to find the ideal woman, even lowering standards (which by definition, makes her less than ideal). I live in the dating wasteland called Oklahoma. The fact I can't find a woman here to date, much less marry, if enough to make me want to leave this state despite the great job. I mean, if I have nobody to share my life with, whats the point of a great job? Its only 1/2 of the equation, and the other half sucks here. Even if I found her, would she date me? Probably not, now that I'm in my 40's. I have no shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2014, 04:32 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Impossible to find the ideal woman, even lowering standards (which by definition, makes her less than ideal). I live in the dating wasteland called Oklahoma. The fact I can't find a woman here to date, much less marry, if enough to make me want to leave this state despite the great job. I mean, if I have nobody to share my life with, whats the point of a great job? Its only 1/2 of the equation, and the other half sucks here. Even if I found her, would she date me? Probably not, now that I'm in my 40's. I have no shot.

Sorry, mate! Again I can sympathize!! When I lived in OK, I also was in my mid to late 40's and the dating scene was God-awful there. The pool of available women in my age range of late 30's on up was rather shallow. My standards are not considerably high, the only things I really wanted were that she be a non-smoker, non-tatted up, non-obese. I was told by many women and men alike that I was eliminating about 98-99% of the available women in my age range, and that I had better loosen up on those 3 things Sorry, but I didn't think I was asking THAT much, but apparently in OK, I was.

I will also tell you Atlguy39, that one of the reasons you are not doing too well there, from what I see, is that you're not balding enough, not overweight enough, and just plain not ugly enough to attract too many women there. I'm not really being facetious, either. That's something I noticed there from Day 1, and never understood it. It's a very strange scene there.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:35 PM

783 posts, read 849,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
So what you're saying is that you only want to date women you consider a "7" or above.

That's fine IF you are a "7" or above.
Water finds its own level and I view myself as being on the attractive end of the spectrum. My picture is in my profile and opinions are welcome, my ego can take it

Old 09-24-2014, 07:16 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Why would the fact that you're in your 40s matter, Atlguy? I mean, I guess if you're trying to snag a 22-year-old it might, but not if you're looking at more age appropriate women of say, over 32 (I remember you've said you want to have kids, so naturally, you'll need to look at somewhat younger women).

If YOU make your age an issue, it will be an issue. And it shouldn't be a issue. You're an attractive guy, you look youthful and likely fit, so your age is just a number. Keep telling yourself that instead of all the negative stuff you seem to tell yourself.

But, yeah, by the sounds of it, you might have to get out of Oklahoma. Pronto.

Old 09-24-2014, 07:33 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,952 times
If she is attractive then.she is ideal to.me.

Old 09-24-2014, 07:45 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,549 times
Quote:
Why would the fact that you're in your 40s matter, Atlguy? I mean, I guess if you're trying to snag a 22-year-old it might, but not if you're looking at more age appropriate women of say, over 32 (I remember you've said you want to have kids, so naturally, you'll need to look at somewhat younger women).

If YOU make your age an issue, it will be an issue. And it shouldn't be a issue. You're an attractive guy, you look youthful and likely fit, so your age is just a number. Keep telling yourself that instead of all the negative stuff you seem to tell yourself.

^^^^^^^ This. I didn't think I was that bad a catch either, but had poor luck there as well.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:20 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,580 times
Quote:

Yeah, you're right. Good points. You nailed exactly why I want younger women. My issue is I'm relying 90% on internet dating, and women in their 30's tend to stop their search at 39. So I have to craft one hell of an email to them so they will maybe respond. I admit I haven't put a ton of effort into it. You're right, I do need to move, but its complicated. I have a great job and a job thats hard to find, especially with the salary and great co-workers I have. It took me a long time to find a job like this. I feel kind of stuck. At the very least, a job search will take a year or more. But I either need to start that (reluctant as I am) and/or try to get women in Dallas (a 3 hour drive) to notice me. Its tiring.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:22 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,136 times
Its harder to find a good woman. She has to be attractive, real, down to earth, and pleasant for starters. Then she needs to be mostly drama-free and non-psychotic, ( you may have to be a little flexible on these conditions). Genuine caring and concern without being selfish are desirable qualities but can be elusive. Of course individual preferences and desires play a role in determining your success in acquiring a 'keeper', but for most it's a daunting task and one of the hardest challenges a man is faced with. I know I had to go through some lumps of coal before I found my diamond.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:29 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45 GUY View Post
Harder to find a woman, much, much harder.

None want to listen to what you have to say.

They don't hear or see very well either.
Well, you might want to stop looking in nursing homes.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:34 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,651,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
If she is attractive then.she is ideal to.me.
Even if she have a nasty attitude, love drama, and cuss like a sailor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships