Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 02:23 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
If you don't think you are "angry" then you might want reread all your posts on CD some time.

You come across as very bitter and angry. Perhaps that's just the way I'm reading it, but I'm usually a good judge of a persons attitude.

See, just the way you used words in this post "prop women up" , that's just a nasty unnecessary and insulting phrase.
Sure I'm angry. I don't like the anti male sentiment of the media, of CD, of third wave feminism, of a lot of things.

Doesn't mean I hate women. Doesn't mean I don't have a very enjoyable social life filled with loved ones. So save your judgement and advice for people you actually know or that ask for it

Old 09-24-2014, 02:24 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
It feels good to think that those of us that don't prop women up on some pedestal are angry basement dwellers who have no social life or success with women. My life is quite the contrary hun

IDK either one of you personally, so I can't pass judgement on your lives. But I do tend to notice here that the "m" word gets tossed out pretty freely. Just because the OP didn't think those male shaming sites were cool doesn't automatically mean he's a misogynist. I do tend to notice folks are pretty quick to write someone off as a misogynist, kinda cheapens the meaning of the word. By the same criteria, we must have a lot of misandrists here then, because there's also plenty of posts that don't exactly sing the praises of men either.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:27 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
IDK either one of you personally, so I can't pass judgement on your lives. But I do tend to notice here that the "m" word gets tossed out pretty freely. Just because the OP didn't think those male shaming sites were cool doesn't automatically mean he's a misogynist. I do tend to notice folks are pretty quick to write someone off as a misogynist, kinda cheapens the meaning of the word. By the same criteria, we must have a lot of misandrists here then, because there's also plenty of posts that don't exactly sing the praises of men either.
It applies here because it's his shtick. It's all he does here. Read through his previous posts.

You can tell because his OP isn't even logical. It's just a hasty generalization. There are PLENTY of sites that shame women's behavior, but he conveniently ignores that to advance his own agenda.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:27 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
All of those, except maybe air line shaming, are not socially acceptable
Dude, give it up. It's not socially acceptable to try to hustle women by grabbing their a$$es, either. The solution to what you see as a problem is simple; everybody keep their hands to themselves when dealing with strangers, and get over the entitlement 'tude to women's bodies. In the article, she didn't creep-shame some dude whose mere vibe she didn't like, or whose only crime was being ugly, she shamed an entitled 1-percenter, or close to it, who felt up her bod, and whose reaction to her post was to threaten to wreck her life by making her unemployable in all of NYC! He's obviously on a huge power trip. It's dudes like that that give all of dudekind a bad name, a stinking bad name.

A little perspective, you need some. I mean, seriously--is there a reason you're not shocked by the guy's hubris, huge ego, and power tripping?

Old 09-24-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It applies here because it's his shtick. It's all he does here. Read through his previous posts.

You can tell because his OP isn't even logical. It's just a hasty generalization. There are PLENTY of sites that shame women's behavior, but he conveniently ignores that to advance his own agenda.
Those other sites are not socially acceptable which is my point.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:29 PM

364 posts, read 370,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Dude, give it up. It's not socially acceptable to try to hustle women by grabbing their a$$es, either. The solution to what you see as a problem is simple; everybody keep their hands to themselves when dealing with strangers, and get over the entitlement 'tude to women's bodies. In the article, she didn't creep-shame some dude whose vibe she didn't like, or whose only crime was being ugly, she shamed an entitled 1-percenter, or close to it, who felt up her bod, and whose reaction to her post was to threaten to wreck her life by making her unemployable in all of NYC! He's obviously on a huge power trip. It's dudes like that that give all of dudekind a bad name, a stinking bad name.

A little perspective, you need some.
Seethe your sword, sir Lancelot, the article did not just shame sexual harassment

Old 09-24-2014, 02:30 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Those other sites are not socially acceptable which is my point.
So NOW that's your point??

Old 09-24-2014, 02:31 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:
All of those, except maybe air line shaming, are not socially acceptable
Well, there's DUI shaming and John-shaming too!

I'm not debating whether it's socially acceptable but if you feel female-shaming is under-represented then blog it! (just like the opinion-piece referenced)

Old 09-24-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
So NOW that's your point??
That was the whole time. Shaming men, socially acceptable. Shaming women. Not.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:33 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:
Shaming men, socially acceptable. Shaming women. Not.
Says who?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships