Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 09:15 AM

326 posts, read 348,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebass View Post
Incorrect. I thought the same thing before, but realized that was a stupid way to look at it.

I had limited relationship experience (due to the personal choice of knowing I wasn't ready to enter a real relationship) and entered my first true long-term relationship at 30. We've been together for three years, married for one and have yet to have any problems.

What is relationship experience anyway? If you are 30 and out of many failed relationships, maybe that's more of a bad sign than someone who hasn't ever been in one. You think? I'd rather be with someone who has no experience than someone who has shown nothing but instability.

Just be a normal person. Don't bother yourself with "why women don't pay attention to me." Just go out, have fun and do what you do. Somebody will cross your path that shows interest and you go from there.
Your situation was different its not the same if it takes you a decade to get one relationship and at that point I wouldn't trust the womens interest.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:30 AM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkerr View Post
Man you are thirty years old if you do get a date what do you expect to get? What happens when she finds out you have no relationship experience at your age? Women are ignoring you because they want nothing to do with you I got over it I hope you do too.
If you're over it, why do you have waiting for the end of it all as your status. I think you and I would have a chance if we changed our attitudes. There have to be women who've not had relationship experience.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
[Snip.] Seriously though, the best thing you can do is see a therapist. You seem to want help, but resist it at the same time. Make that step and meet with a professional. Not necessarily about women, but just to talk. It couldn't hurt and a professional can help you sort things out.

Thank you. I am seeing a psychiatrist for ocd and social anxiety meds and a psychologist for counseling.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-25-2014 at 01:44 PM..

Old 09-25-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
If you're over it, why do you have waiting for the end of it all as your status. I think you and I would have a chance if we changed our attitudes. There have to be women who've not had relationship experience.
Well I damn sure don't have this status over women but if I fell over dead now I wouldn't care it would be good riddance. Your speaking for your self on the attitude part because im calm as can be but a women at your age with no experience is by choice and she wouldn't waste a second on either of us.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkerr View Post
Well I damn sure don't have this status over women but if I fell over dead now I wouldn't care it would be good riddance. Your speaking for your self on the attitude part because im calm as can be but a women at your age with no experience is by chose ans she wouldn' t waste a second on either of us.
You don't know that about all women.

Wanting to die could be depression which is treatable. .

Old 09-25-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
You don't know that about all women.

Wanting to die could be depression which is treatable. .
I don't know that about all women but I go by my experiences which were gruesome and not caring if I die doesn't make me suicidal.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:59 AM

I didn't say you were suicidal but you do sound depressed. Depression is treatable. Do yourself a favor and get help in case you have that treatable illness that makes you feel miserable.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:12 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,377,273 times
Quote:
It's been my whole life.

They just won't give me the time of day.
The evidence shows that the problem to fix is within you.... not with an entire gender.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:12 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:
It's been my whole life.

They just won't give me the time of day.

This idiot Sarah Hyland was dating. What's so great about him? He looks like an unshaven bum and his arms are like pencils. Plus he's a batterer.

So if he can get a date, why can't I?
The first step is to take an honest appraisal of yourself. Chose a possible reason(s) below:

1) You don't take care of yourself, either in your body or the clothes you put on your back or the way you groom yourself. Or some combination thereof. If you don't respect yourself, how can you expect others to do the same?

2) You don't have good people skills or empathy. Ask a close friend to level with you on this question, because no one is objective about himself.

3) You live your life in a rut, seeing the same people and doing the same things week after week, meaning that you aren't exposed to new people. Our experiences in life are what make us interesting.

4) You haven't learned the basics of good conversation. Being a good listener is as important as being a good speaker.

5) You aren't secure in yourself. Do you walk into a party like a dog with a haircut?

6) You are negative about the world in general. Running down a guy who dated Sarah Hyland is a pretty good clue.

7) You don't have purpose in life. It doesn't matter if you're a rising star at a Fortune 500 or a damned fine carpenter or playing the saxophone. Women like men who have a guiding passion about something that doesn't involve a sports team. Women love men who love their lives.

8) You see having a woman in your life as the siné qua non, the fulfillment of everything you need. This is otherwise known as desperation, a terrible burden to inflict on any woman. They can smell it a mile away. A woman should complement your already great life, not be its fulfillment.

9) You keep trying to date the same kind of toxic woman over and over again. That was my deal in my late teens and early twenties. I kept dating clones of the same neurotic, artsy-fartsy personality over and over again.

10) You keep trying to close the deal on Date #2, as if you're trying to capture an exotic species of butterfly with a net.

Hope that helps.

Old 09-25-2014, 11:16 AM

That's quite detailed. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships