Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 01:43 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,049,353 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I've seen far people to whom I'm sexually attracted also. But I'm more attracted to people who are in shape.

The thing is that being fat is something one can control. It isn't an intrinsic part of your personality like being shy or introverted. We've all seen the show Biggest Loser, and it proves that people CAN lose weight.

I needed to lose at least 20 pounds myself, so I'm referring to myself also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 04:43 PM

2,225 posts, read 2,385,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chowhound View Post
you don't like fat broads, don't date one, people shouldn't hide behind medical reasons for it.

I work with a lot of dudes that don't like big women and when they see a big girl, no one ever says "you know, i was gonna ask her out, but i'm worried about the hdl and ldl levels and wonder what kind of impact that's gonna have on our future medical premiums"

no.... It's look at that fat *****.

Harsh, i know... Matter of fact, quite mean to be honest.
lol :d

Old 09-26-2014, 09:28 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,839,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Obesity kills more people than smoking does..

So are you also saying it's unfair to not date smokers because of the health concern as well?
Pretty sure you misunderstood me.

I don't date fat women, wouldn't want to... but I don't go around saying "oh I don't do it just because of a health concern".

Old 09-27-2014, 01:03 AM

283 posts, read 348,290 times
if you're not attracted to slobs you're not attracted to slobs, nothing to feel bad about.

Old 09-27-2014, 11:55 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,234,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
This sounds more like a "fear" issue to me. You are afraid to get too close to her for fear her life will end early and you'll end up alone.
No - he's not afraid of losing her - he's afraid of having to take care of her. Something I'm afraid many more women end up doing than men. Ya know, 'cause that's what women do - take care of their parents, kids, mom and dads-in-laws and spouses!

Old 09-27-2014, 12:05 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,000,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nylonggamer View Post
if you're not attracted to slobs you're not attracted to slobs, nothing to feel bad about.
Fat does not necessary equate slob.

I have seen a fair share of slobs that were not fat.

Old 09-27-2014, 12:12 PM

51,934 posts, read 52,357,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
Fat does not necessary equate slob.

I have seen a fair share of slobs that were not fat.
Another typical mean spirited post..... yes... slob can be any size.

Old 09-27-2014, 02:55 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,942,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Another typical mean spirited post..... yes... slob can be any size.
Or one can be a mental or intellectual slob, as has been demonstrated just a few posts above this one.

Old 09-27-2014, 03:02 PM

51,934 posts, read 52,357,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Pretty sure you misunderstood me.

I don't date fat women, wouldn't want to... but I don't go around saying "oh I don't do it just because of a health concern".
I agree... see my post earlier in the thread.....

Old 09-27-2014, 03:05 PM

2,400 posts, read 3,630,429 times
You have your preferences for the non-overweight, and I have mine. It makes it easier for me to eliminate you as a romantic prospect and find someone who prefers me. I don't think it's shallow more than it is honest.

And with that, I'm fat. Physical health concerns have little to nothing to do with whether a person's appearance is attractive, so people need to just be honest with themselves and cut the excuses. Not wanting a fat woman is justified by your own personal attraction and preference for non-fat women. That's it. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Love who you love. I know I will!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships